Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chris Christie: NRA Ad Mentioning Obama‚Äôs Daughters ‚ÄėReprehensible‚Äô (VIDEO)

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:06 PM
  • 12 Replies

Chris Christie: NRA Ad Mentioning Obama‚Äôs Daughters ‚ÄėReprehensible‚Äô (VIDEO)

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) speaks at a news conference on Jan. 17, 2013.New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) speaks at a news conference on Jan. 17, 2013

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) took aim at the National Rifle Association at a Thursday press conference in Trenton.

Risking the ire of the conservative base of his party yet again, Christie called the recent NRA ad calling President Obama an ‚Äúelitist hypocrite‚ÄĚ because his daughters have armed guards at school ‚Äúreprehensible.‚ÄĚ

‚ÄúTo talk about the president‚Äôs children or any public officer‚Äôs children who have, not by their own choice, but by requirement to have protection and to use that somehow to try to make a poetical point I think is reprehensible,‚ÄĚ Christie said.

The NRA has faced widespread criticism for the ad. NRA leaders have claimedthe spot was not about Obama‚Äôs daughters, even though it makes direct reference to Obama‚Äôs children. Christie said the NRA risked its credibility with the ad.

‚ÄúThey‚Äôve got real issues to debate on this topic. Get to the real issues,‚ÄĚ Christie said. ‚ÄúDon‚Äôt be dragging people‚Äôs children into this. It‚Äôs wrong and I think it demeans them [the NRA] and it makes them less of a valid, trusted source of information on the real issues that confront this debate.‚ÄĚ

Christie, who saw many Republicans turn on him after he supported Obama‚Äôs actions in the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy and the days before the 2012 presidential election, is clearly not concerned about taking on one of the conservative movement‚Äôs most powerful lobbying groups. He is also unconcerned about what it might mean for his standing with the GOP base. His office clipped the line about the NRA from the press conference and tweeted it Thursday afternoon.

Here’s video of Christie on the NRA’s ad, posted by his office to YouTube:

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imamomzilla
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:10 PM
2 moms liked this

Krispy Kreme is the left's newest hero?

Citygirlk
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:18 PM

I'm surprised Obama didn't say anything about it. Cause now his daughters will become more of a target because of these asshats.

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting imamomzilla:

Maybe he will do a "Powell"..ya never know.

Raintree
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:24 PM

He's right.

mikiemom
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this

He's right but women in this forum believe it's ok to target children.

nanaofsix531
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Why would you say that?I wouldn't vote for him if hell was freezing over.Don't like the people in your party?That's your problem not ours.

Quoting imamomzilla:

romalove
by SenseandSensibility on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:35 PM
3 moms liked this

Christie has had his own children drawn into debate for political gain and was outraged then.  He is staying with the same stance he always had about it.

JustCJ
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Great now I want a krispy kreme and they got rid of them upstate. THANKS ZIL!

Quoting nanaofsix531:

Why would you say that?I wouldn't vote for him if hell was freezing over.Don't like the people in your party?That's your problem not ours.

Quoting imamomzilla:

imamomzilla
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Sawry. Thank Gov.Big Gulp for that.

My DD got a doughnut machine from Santa. I'll have her bake you one. :-)

Quoting JustCJ:

Great now I want a krispy kreme and they got rid of them upstate. THANKS ZIL!

Quoting nanaofsix531:

Quoting imamomzilla:

rccmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:00 PM
2 moms liked this
I think most people felt the ad was out of line and saw it for what it was. I respect Christie for having the integrity for saying what he did.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)