Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Is Drug Testing a Good Idea for Gun Ownership?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:18 PM
  • 17 Replies

Why or Why not?

Illegal or Prescription?

What about "medical" MJ?

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuvmyAiden
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this

If welfare recipients threw fits about being drug tested I don't see how law abiding people who can pass a background check should be tested to buy a gun. On top of that all you would have to do is be clean for a few days to pass it. It's not like a random or anything. And while I do not endorse ANY sort of drugs or alcohol while at the range I do not think most drugs should be illegal anyway so it's a mute point for me. Recreational drug or alcohol use doesn't effect how you shoot unless they are done together which is a HUGE nono.

Peanutx3
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Hmmm.  I guess I could see it for illegal drugs but not legal drugs.

imamomzilla
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:30 PM

BUMP!

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:29 PM
2 moms liked this

IMHO, I think is absolutely OUTRAGEOUS, that law abiding citizens, who pass background checks and wait the alloted time to hold FID cards would be subjected to drug screeening.

When, our welfare system is being assaulted daily by people that lie about their circumstances and are addicted and use drugs. NONE of which are tested, many of which treat welfare as a career.

But then, let's be serious, how many gun owners do you think voted for Barry? Let's continue to kick and push down those that don't support Barry, because as an immature child always wants their way, so does Barry.

Way to move forward...NOT

mmccrea
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Only for illegal drugs, but who would pay for it?  I hope it would have to be paid by the person wanting the gun.  

SweetChild63
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm all for checking them for drugs - Hell the same bunch of nuts who want welfare mothers screened for drugs deserve a taste of their own medicine. And hell YES, they should be screened for LEGAL drugs too, specifically pain killers and anti-psychotic medication. After all, the raging gun nuts will lie to their family doctors - and won't go to shrinks anyway. And by "they" I don't mean the that gun peddlers get to administer the test. A third party vendor. And the gun buyer should have to pay for it. And then they should have to wait three days for the results - and the results stay on file with the DPS for 5 years.

And they should be checked for booze too at the time of purchase.

gsprofval
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:49 AM
1 mom liked this

No because these people are LEGALLY buying a gun and have to pass a background check any way, at least in my state.

pj2becca21
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:34 AM

IN Cali if you have a Medical card you can't own a gun. Which I think is wrong. Well i can't explain how I feel, very well. 

Yes they should test for drugs like everything but MJ. And some Prescrition, but that is you are a life time user of like Oxy

autodidact
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:40 AM
1 mom liked this

what bulllshit. 

yes, in some places there HAS been testing. and it's proven to be a waste of time and money.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/18/us/no-savings-found-in-florida-welfare-drug-tests.html?_r=0

Quoting 143myboys9496:

IMHO, I think is absolutely OUTRAGEOUS, that law abiding citizens, who pass background checks and wait the alloted time to hold FID cards would be subjected to drug screeening.

When, our welfare system is being assaulted daily by people that lie about their circumstances and are addicted and use drugs. NONE of which are tested, many of which treat welfare as a career.

But then, let's be serious, how many gun owners do you think voted for Barry? Let's continue to kick and push down those that don't support Barry, because as an immature child always wants their way, so does Barry.

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:05 AM
1 mom liked this

IMHO, it's absolute bullshit to be drug tested to own a gun..

JMO

Quoting autodidact:

what bulllshit. 

yes, in some places there HAS been testing. and it's proven to be a waste of time and money.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/18/us/no-savings-found-in-florida-welfare-drug-tests.html?_r=0

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)