Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

I don't really care for 'polls' but....Obama approval is plummeting according to Gallup..

Posted by   + Show Post

***********full story here*************

Backfire: Obama Approval Plummets During Gun Push

Print Article Send a Tip
18 Jan 2013 712 post a comment

Just a week before the New Year, Obama enjoyed his highest approval ratings of 2012. According to Gallup, 58% of Americans approved of the job Obama was doing. Survey results released today by Gallup, though, show Obama's approval rating has plummeted to just 49%. It is a dramatic drop, especially coming over a holiday period when people traditionally pay little attention to politics. Four years ago, at his first inauguration, a full 69% of Americans approved of Obama. 

The drop in Obama's approval from 4 years ago is understandable, given the sluggish economy and the hope American's had as his presidency began. The considerable drop from just a few weeks ago is more puzzling. According to the media, he was the "winner" of the fiscal cliff negotiations, getting most of the tax hikes he campaigned on and avoiding spending cuts. 

Also according to the media, he has deftly exploited the Sandy Hook tragedy to make a renewed push for gun control. This is supposedly popular with the American public and Obama has been all over the airwaves pushing his proposals. He even orchestrated a back-drop of children from across the country to release his proposals to the public. 

And, yet, his approval rating is dropping. Exit polls from the past election make it pretty clear that voters chose Obama the person and not his policies. Pushing his policies even further to the left looks like its backfiring with the public.

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Replies (11-20):
..MoonShine..
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Mmmmhmmm.

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

So is the approval of the GOP...

JustCJ
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:19 PM

I'm guessing you don't  like the results of this one?

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Polls are only acceptable when it fits a certain persons ideals. Lol

Quoting Friday:

Meh, I don't give much credence to polls, too easy to skew for the results you want. At least that's what all the Republicans on CM told me when Dubya's numbers were tanking.

ms-superwoman
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:26 PM

So why post about them, if in 20minutes there could be another poll that says the complete opposite? I am genuinely curious.

Quoting JustCJ:

I don't recall ever saying that...but...that's partly why I don't like polls. Can't really trust them. One minute they say one thing...then the next minute they say another.

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Something about being to easy to sway... but if you say so.

Quoting JustCJ:

I'm sure you didn't.

Quoting ms-superwoman:

So you only like polls when they support your ideas? Just my thoughts because I am sure I seen you in another post saying how you detest polls...

ms-superwoman
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:27 PM

I don't like polls, period. That is why I don't post about them nor do I trust any of them.

Quoting JustCJ:

I'm guessing you don't  like the results of this one?

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Quoting Friday:

Meh, I don't give much credence to polls, too easy to skew for the results you want. At least that's what all the Republicans on CM told me when Dubya's numbers were tanking.

Friday
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Quoting Friday:

I know, it's interesting seeing what concessions or excuses some people will make to fit into their partisanship.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

ms-superwoman
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Yup. At this point I think I have heard it all.

Quoting Friday:

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Quoting Friday:

I know, it's interesting seeing what concessions or excuses some people will make to fit into their partisanship.

kailu1835
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Hopefully the American people are starting to wake up and realize the monstrous mistake they made. BTW, I question the 69% approval rating, since he didn't win by 69%.
IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:07 PM

I honestly think it will blow over. There are a lot of misinformed people out there who actually think the government is taking their guns away. This is the initial shock period, people are going to get all worked up by the right-wings fear mongering and I'm happy that Obama and Biden are willing to make changes in spite of that.

JustCJ
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:14 PM

why does anyone post polls here?

Quoting ms-superwoman:

So why post about them, if in 20minutes there could be another poll that says the complete opposite? I am genuinely curious.

Quoting JustCJ:

I don't recall ever saying that...but...that's partly why I don't like polls. Can't really trust them. One minute they say one thing...then the next minute they say another.

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Something about being to easy to sway... but if you say so.

Quoting JustCJ:

I'm sure you didn't.

Quoting ms-superwoman:

So you only like polls when they support your ideas? Just my thoughts because I am sure I seen you in another post saying how you detest polls...

jcribb16
by Primrose Foxglove on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this

He doesn't care about the polls now, anyway.  He's in the office and has no worries.  Thanks for the info - it does help knowing that more are becoming concerned about what he's doing and pushing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)