Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

I don't really care for 'polls' but....Obama approval is plummeting according to Gallup..

Posted by   + Show Post

***********full story here*************

Backfire: Obama Approval Plummets During Gun Push

Print Article Send a Tip
18 Jan 2013 712 post a comment

Just a week before the New Year, Obama enjoyed his highest approval ratings of 2012. According to Gallup, 58% of Americans approved of the job Obama was doing. Survey results released today by Gallup, though, show Obama's approval rating has plummeted to just 49%. It is a dramatic drop, especially coming over a holiday period when people traditionally pay little attention to politics. Four years ago, at his first inauguration, a full 69% of Americans approved of Obama. 

The drop in Obama's approval from 4 years ago is understandable, given the sluggish economy and the hope American's had as his presidency began. The considerable drop from just a few weeks ago is more puzzling. According to the media, he was the "winner" of the fiscal cliff negotiations, getting most of the tax hikes he campaigned on and avoiding spending cuts. 

Also according to the media, he has deftly exploited the Sandy Hook tragedy to make a renewed push for gun control. This is supposedly popular with the American public and Obama has been all over the airwaves pushing his proposals. He even orchestrated a back-drop of children from across the country to release his proposals to the public. 

And, yet, his approval rating is dropping. Exit polls from the past election make it pretty clear that voters chose Obama the person and not his policies. Pushing his policies even further to the left looks like its backfiring with the public.

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Replies (31-40):
stringtheory
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Lol, Jaywalk style interviews on YouTube don't even remotely prove your assertion.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

OH good grief, the videos were ALL over the internet, many of them I posted in this group as did others. I cannot believe you have absolutely NO idea what I refer to.

You just proved my point.

Quoting Thomigirl:

Source? I love when people throw out shitty commentary like this haphazardly as if it's fact. You said it's been proven many times, show us.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Doesn't surprise me in the least.

The vast majority of his supporters have NO CLUE as to his policies or what has been going on in the White House or Washington. This has been proven many times.

Way to move forward....NOT

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JustCJ
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Did I not ask you to show where else I have said I don't like polls? I like this poll because it proves what I have been saying to my family and friends for a while now. That the country does NOT agree with gun control, and the media fully ignores that fact. Did......I.......answer.......your........question? Speaking of looking ignorant and credible...nice links on your siggy. SMH

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Like I said before I am genuinely curious. You have posted before about how you don't like polls and you said here that you don't like them. Yet you are posting a poll. Apparently, you like this one? Not answering a simple question and getting defensive about it, makes you look ignorant. You really lose credibility points but I am sure you will say how you don't care. 

Dude, seriously, it's a non-issue. Why the hell do you care? Do you think you're going to call me out on something? Deflecting lmao...big word there.

Quoting ms-superwoman:

You're deflecting. I am asking YOU why YOU are posting about polls, if you don't like them?

Quoting JustCJ:

why does anyone post polls here?

Quoting ms-superwoman:

So why post about them, if in 20minutes there could be another poll that says the complete opposite? I am genuinely curious.

Quoting JustCJ:

I don't recall ever saying that...but...that's partly why I don't like polls. Can't really trust them. One minute they say one thing...then the next minute they say another.

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Something about being to easy to sway... but if you say so.

Quoting JustCJ:

I'm sure you didn't.

Quoting ms-superwoman:

So you only like polls when they support your ideas? Just my thoughts because I am sure I seen you in another post saying how you detest polls...

ms-superwoman
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this

So you only agree with polls when they fit your ideals. LMFAO You are a joke. A blog, a fb group, and art offends you? rolling on floor Okie dokie.

Quoting JustCJ:

Did I not ask you to show where else I have said I don't like polls? I like this poll because it proves what I have been saying to my family and friends for a while now. That the country does NOT agree with gun control, and the media fully ignores that fact. Did......I.......answer.......your........question? Speaking of looking ignorant and credible...nice links on your siggy. SMH

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Like I said before I am genuinely curious. You have posted before about how you don't like polls and you said here that you don't like them. Yet you are posting a poll. Apparently, you like this one? Not answering a simple question and getting defensive about it, makes you look ignorant. You really lose credibility points but I am sure you will say how you don't care. 

Dude, seriously, it's a non-issue. Why the hell do you care? Do you think you're going to call me out on something? Deflecting lmao...big word there.

Quoting ms-superwoman:

You're deflecting. I am asking YOU why YOU are posting about polls, if you don't like them?

Quoting JustCJ:

Quoting ms-superwoman:

So why post about them, if in 20minutes there could be another poll that says the complete opposite? I am genuinely curious.

Quoting JustCJ:

I don't recall ever saying that...but...that's partly why I don't like polls. Can't really trust them. One minute they say one thing...then the next minute they say another.

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Quoting JustCJ:

I'm sure you didn't.

Quoting ms-superwoman:

So you only like polls when they support your ideas? Just my thoughts because I am sure I seen you in another post saying how you detest polls...

JustCJ
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Wow, you sure told me didn't you?

LOL

Quoting ms-superwoman:

So you only agree with polls when they fit your ideals. LMFAO You are a joke. A blog, a fb group, and art offends you? rolling on floor Okie dokie.

Quoting JustCJ:

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Quoting JustCJ:

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Quoting JustCJ:

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Quoting JustCJ:

I'm sure you didn't.

Quoting ms-superwoman:

ms-superwoman
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:25 PM
I didn't have to tell you anything. I am sure you already knew you are full of it.

Quoting JustCJ:

LOL

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Quoting JustCJ:

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Quoting JustCJ:

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Quoting JustCJ:

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Quoting JustCJ:

I'm sure you didn't.

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms-superwoman
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:28 PM
But didn't you know everything on the internet is true! Lol

Quoting stringtheory:

Lol, Jaywalk style interviews on YouTube don't even remotely prove your assertion.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

OH good grief, the videos were ALL over the internet, many of them I posted in this group as did others. I cannot believe you have absolutely NO idea what I refer to.

Quoting Thomigirl:

Source? I love when people throw out shitty commentary like this haphazardly as if it's fact. You said it's been proven many times, show us.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Doesn't surprise me in the least.

The vast majority of his supporters have NO CLUE as to his policies or what has been going on in the White House or Washington. This has been proven many times.

Way to move forward....NOT

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JustCJ
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:35 PM

No, but I''m quite sure 'you' aren't liking the poll, thus trying to deflect from the fact by attacking me...the OP.

Now that I think of it, it's kinda like real life. Here's a scenario 'Baby daddy' was poor decision making by 'baby mama' and doesn't pay his child support...'baby mama' attacks 'baby daddy' new girlfrennn or 'other baby mamas' because she doesn't like it...this is just for articulation purposes...don't go by me, I practiced better decision making skills so I wouldn't know.

Quoting ms-superwoman:

I didn't have to tell you anything. I am sure you already knew you are full of it.

Quoting JustCJ:

LOL

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Quoting JustCJ:

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Quoting JustCJ:

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Quoting JustCJ:

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Quoting JustCJ:

I'm sure you didn't.

Quoting ms-superwoman:

numbr1wmn
by Nikki on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Typical. And idiots voted him back in.  How does everyone's paychecks look? Rather meek hah?

ms-superwoman
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:59 PM

I didn't attack you, you contradicted yourself (by saying you don't like polls but that you like this poll), I simply pointed out that you lost credibility.

I wouldn't know how that scenario goes, I've never been in that type of situation. shrugging

Quoting JustCJ:

No, but I''m quite sure 'you' aren't liking the poll, thus trying to deflect from the fact by attacking me...the OP.

Now that I think of it, it's kinda like real life. Here's a scenario 'Baby daddy' was poor decision making by 'baby mama' and doesn't pay his child support...'baby mama' attacks 'baby daddy' new girlfrennn or 'other baby mamas' because she doesn't like it...this is just for articulation purposes...don't go by me, I practiced better decision making skills so I wouldn't know.

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Quoting JustCJ:

LOL

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Quoting JustCJ:

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Quoting JustCJ:

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Quoting JustCJ:

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Quoting JustCJ:

I'm sure you didn't.

Quoting ms-superwoman:

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:46 PM

I am and was calm. Alot of what I found on youtube was shown on the news, finding them on youtube was just the quickest method of finding them. I'm guilty of taking the easy way out. 

I still stand by what I said, it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. Just as you are yours. 

Quoting Thomigirl:

Damn, calm the fuck down, LOL. All did was prove that shit goes over your head quite easily. The statement was made that the majority of Obama supporters/voters have no idea what his policies are. All YOU did was show a few Googled YouTube videos. You failed to show that THE MAJORITY of Obama supporters have no idea. Understand now? Probably not, but I don't expect you to. Are there idiots that vote based on asinine reason? Of course, but the original statement made is reckeless at best, false at the worst. Do better.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting Thomigirl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN