Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

I don't really care for 'polls' but....Obama approval is plummeting according to Gallup..

Posted by   + Show Post

***********full story here*************

Backfire: Obama Approval Plummets During Gun Push

Print Article Send a Tip
18 Jan 2013 712 post a comment

Just a week before the New Year, Obama enjoyed his highest approval ratings of 2012. According to Gallup, 58% of Americans approved of the job Obama was doing. Survey results released today by Gallup, though, show Obama's approval rating has plummeted to just 49%. It is a dramatic drop, especially coming over a holiday period when people traditionally pay little attention to politics. Four years ago, at his first inauguration, a full 69% of Americans approved of Obama. 

The drop in Obama's approval from 4 years ago is understandable, given the sluggish economy and the hope American's had as his presidency began. The considerable drop from just a few weeks ago is more puzzling. According to the media, he was the "winner" of the fiscal cliff negotiations, getting most of the tax hikes he campaigned on and avoiding spending cuts. 

Also according to the media, he has deftly exploited the Sandy Hook tragedy to make a renewed push for gun control. This is supposedly popular with the American public and Obama has been all over the airwaves pushing his proposals. He even orchestrated a back-drop of children from across the country to release his proposals to the public. 

And, yet, his approval rating is dropping. Exit polls from the past election make it pretty clear that voters chose Obama the person and not his policies. Pushing his policies even further to the left looks like its backfiring with the public.

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Replies (41-48):
143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Then what would? Educate me.

Quoting stringtheory:

Lol, Jaywalk style interviews on YouTube don't even remotely prove your assertion.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

OH good grief, the videos were ALL over the internet, many of them I posted in this group as did others. I cannot believe you have absolutely NO idea what I refer to.

You just proved my point.

Quoting Thomigirl:

Source? I love when people throw out shitty commentary like this haphazardly as if it's fact. You said it's been proven many times, show us.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Doesn't surprise me in the least.

The vast majority of his supporters have NO CLUE as to his policies or what has been going on in the White House or Washington. This has been proven many times.

Way to move forward....NOT

rocketracer
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Doesn't matter....zombies have voted.....slam me. I don't care.

Thomigirl
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Actually...no.

Quoting numbr1wmn:

Typical. And idiots voted him back in.  How does everyone's paychecks look? Rather meek hah?

numbr1wmn
by Nikki on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:33 AM

No What? Our paychecks are looking very meek.

Quoting Thomigirl:

Actually...no.

Quoting numbr1wmn:

Typical. And idiots voted him back in.  How does everyone's paychecks look? Rather meek hah?

Thomigirl
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Mine is not looking meek.

Quoting numbr1wmn:

Quoting Thomigirl:

Actually...no.

Quoting numbr1wmn:

Pema_Jampa
by 2HotTacoTini on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:49 PM

We made a lot more this year than we expected. Blessed be!

Adeline38
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Approval going up or down ... does it really matter since he was re-elected and we are stuck with him that we like it or not!

numbr1wmn
by Nikki on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:01 AM

You are the lucky one. I have an unemployed husband, a baby and I work damn hard and barely make ends meet but they are taking more from me to pay for fucking freeloaders. It's not right

Quoting Thomigirl:

Mine is not looking meek.

Quoting numbr1wmn:

Quoting Thomigirl:

Actually...no.

Quoting numbr1wmn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN