Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

12 Year Old Oklahoma Girl Shoots Home Intruder

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:57 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hero of the Day.

Via Time:

A 12-year-old Oklahoma girl took extreme measures to protect herself when an unfamiliar man broke into her home last Wednesday. The girl, who was home alone during a day off from school, shot and wounded the home intruder, local NBC affiliate KTEN News reports.

Kendra St. Clair, was home by herself when a man rang the doorbell to her Bryan County, Okla., home. She didn’t answer, so the trespasser walked to the back of the house and kicked open a door. St. Clair called her mother, who advised her to grab the family’s gun and hide, according to an interview she gave to local broadcaster KFOR-TV. Authorities said that the girl found the gun and took shelter in a bathroom closet.

“I was sitting there in the closet, really scared, holding the gun, not knowing what was going to happen,” St. Clair told KFOR-TV.
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Fields456
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:59 PM
3 moms liked this
Hell ya. Go here. Glad her parents taught her how to shoot. My dd is only a beginner shooter ( almost 7 ). But by 12 maybe 10. She would do the same !!!! Just asked her and she said yes she would lol. That's my little country girl!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
29again
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this

clapping  Good, brave girl, great parents!!

1Giovanni
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:31 PM

IT is easy to say Good job. brave girl, but think about what she is going to feel know that she shot someone. I feel sorry for her that she had to deal with this. When I had to shot a intruder I was adult and mother, and it hit me very hard. Took a lot for me to deal with shooting a human being.

I am happy she was able to protect herself, but now the road to dealing with it is going to be long for her.

mama2beautiesnb
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Hell yes! Makes me proyd to be born n raised in oklahoma! Ill never leave!
jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:33 PM

How very scary.

mama2beautiesnb
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting 1Giovanni:

IT is easy to say Good job. brave girl, but think about what she is going to feel know that she shot someone. I feel sorry for her that she had to deal with this. When I had to shot a intruder I was adult and mother, and it hit me very hard. Took a lot for me to deal with shooting a human being.

I am happy she was able to protect herself, but now the road to dealing with it is going to be long for her.

but imagine how it could have ended if she hadnt had it. Im sure shell be happy she was able to defend herself than she will be tramatized. She wounded him. She didnt kill him.
1Giovanni
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:27 PM

of course she should be happy for living but it goes a lot deeper then that. I was happy I saved my family that night but it still haunted me for years.. Doesn't matter if you killed them or not you still shot some one.

Quoting mama2beautiesnb:

Quoting 1Giovanni:

but imagine how it could have ended if she hadnt had it. Im sure shell be happy she was able to defend herself than she will be tramatized. She wounded him. She didnt kill him.

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:53 PM

I'm having a hard time feeling bad for someone getting shot burglarizing another person's home....

But then I haven't had to shoot anyone. I cannot imagine it wouldn't go without some remorse or shock.

Quoting 1Giovanni:

of course she should be happy for living but it goes a lot deeper then that. I was happy I saved my family that night but it still haunted me for years.. Doesn't matter if you killed them or not you still shot some one.

Quoting mama2beautiesnb:

Quoting 1Giovanni:

romalove
by SenseandSensibility on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting 1Giovanni:

I am glad you said this.

I was wondering how she might feel having shot someone.

Soldiers, who are trained to kill, and cops as well, when they have to put it in practice, often have long term PTSD after killing someone.

I can't imagine it's any different for a child.

I'm glad she is physically OK.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)