Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Rand Paul To Chris Christie: Enough With The Temper Tantrums…

Posted by   + Show Post

Via Laura Ingraham:

Today on The Laura Ingraham Show, Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) gave a wide-ranging interview, during which he attacked New Jersey Governor Chris Christie for his criticism of the NRA and his grandstanding on Sandy aid, saying that they would hurt his chances during the Republican primary.

Paul claimed that Christie had “backed down” on gun rights: “You have some Republicans backing down like Christie backing down and criticizing the NRA, and I think that doesn’t do any good.”

When asked by Ingraham why Christie made the comments, he responded that they were politically calculated. “I think he may be solidifying his support with Democrats in New Jersey and maybe liberal Republicans.”

Paul warned Christie that his criticism of the NRA, as well as his criticism of fellow Republicans over the Sandy relief bill, would come back to haunt him if he made a presidential run in 2016. “I think criticizing the Second Amendment movement and the over-the-top ‘give me my money’ stuff, ‘I want all sixty billion now or I’ll throw a tantrum,’ I don’t think that’s going to play well in the Republican primary.”

“I think people need to think through what their position on these things are.” Paul concluded.

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Replies (11-20):
143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:38 AM
4 moms liked this

Oh I'd be throwing an EPIC tantrum..no kidding.

Barry USED Sandy victims for the election..

I'm not quite sure which behavior is lower, using kids for policy gain, or outright lying to disaster victims...

Now we NEVER heard the end of it when Katrina victims were dis'd by the Bush admin. There were racial accusations being tossed all over the place.

WHY are we not hearing the SAME outrage?

What's different???? HHHMMM.....

I said this in another post, and I'll repeat it here, I can NOT understand how Barry stands so tall when he stoops to appalling lows.

Are we moving forward yet?

Quoting sucker4myloves:

I'd throw a tantrum too if my state was ravaged by a natural disaster and my party WALKED OUT on a vote for disaster relief. Stupid.

sucker4myloves
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:58 AM
1 mom liked this

So...because Obama said he wanted relief for the sandy victims, he's bad? He's using them? I think if he wants to give them relief, damn the reasons and give it, it's the right thing to do. That's what I get out of the whole thing.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

I'm not quite sure which behavior is lower, using kids for policy gain, or outright lying to disaster victims...

Now we NEVER heard the end of it when Katrina victims were dis'd by the Bush admin. There were racial accusations being tossed all over the place.

I said this in another post, and I'll repeat it here, I can NOT understand how Barry stands so tall when he stoops to appalling lows.

Quoting sucker4myloves:

I'd throw a tantrum too if my state was ravaged by a natural disaster and my party WALKED OUT on a vote for disaster relief. Stupid.

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

rccmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:50 AM
5 moms liked this
Speaking the truth is not a temper tantrum. Calling out the NRA for their appaling ad is not going against gun rights. It is nice to see a Repub speak his own mind and not be a party drone/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:21 AM
3 moms liked this

So Christie applies the same principles in public discourse as Tea Partiers and he's a tantrum throwing hypocrite?

Too much. Just too much.

romalove
by SenseandSensibility on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:31 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

So Christie applies the same principles in public discourse as Tea Partiers and he's a tantrum throwing hypocrite?

Too much. Just too much.

They are afraid of him.

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Ima..I'll go find a mile of ribbon.could you find a box..lets give the gift that just  keeps on giving..

gift

Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:37 AM
5 moms liked this

He is a moderate Republican who doesn't take shit and has bipartisan favorability...he is a direct threat to their extremism.

He's rapidly becoming a voice of reason, albeit a frustrated one, for real people. That doesn't bode well for the TP's sad front for unethical businessmen, the gun lobby, and the simpletons who bought into their right wing fantasy.

I thought I'd never say this, but go Christie GO!

Quoting romalove:

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Too much. Just too much.

They are afraid of him.

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this
As soon as its against your opinion straight talk is bad

Typical

Quoting 29again:

I think someone's popularity went to his head.  I like his straight talk, (well, I used to!) but lately, it's been way over the top.  It isn't becoming.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:42 AM
2 moms liked this
As soon as they disagree with him, straight talk is bad

If they were smart (as a party) they would not only start listening to him, but asking him for advice at the least. Christie can get crossover dems and indy's

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

He is a moderate Republican who doesn't take shit and has bipartisan favorability...he is a direct threat to their extremism.

He's rapidly becoming a voice of reason, albeit a frustrated one, for real people. That doesn't bode well for the TP's sad front for unethical businessmen, the gun lobby, and the simpletons who bought into their right wing fantasy.

I thought I'd never say this, but go Christie GO!

Quoting romalove:

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Too much. Just too much.

They are afraid of him.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Dissed?

Bush left Americans to die in New Orleans

During the storm and after

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting sucker4myloves:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN