Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Rand Paul To Chris Christie: Enough With The Temper Tantrums…

Posted by   + Show Post

Via Laura Ingraham:

Today on The Laura Ingraham Show, Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) gave a wide-ranging interview, during which he attacked New Jersey Governor Chris Christie for his criticism of the NRA and his grandstanding on Sandy aid, saying that they would hurt his chances during the Republican primary.

Paul claimed that Christie had “backed down” on gun rights: “You have some Republicans backing down like Christie backing down and criticizing the NRA, and I think that doesn’t do any good.”

When asked by Ingraham why Christie made the comments, he responded that they were politically calculated. “I think he may be solidifying his support with Democrats in New Jersey and maybe liberal Republicans.”

Paul warned Christie that his criticism of the NRA, as well as his criticism of fellow Republicans over the Sandy relief bill, would come back to haunt him if he made a presidential run in 2016. “I think criticizing the Second Amendment movement and the over-the-top ‘give me my money’ stuff, ‘I want all sixty billion now or I’ll throw a tantrum,’ I don’t think that’s going to play well in the Republican primary.”

“I think people need to think through what their position on these things are.” Paul concluded.

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Replies (41-50):
romalove
by SenseandSensibility on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Quoting 143myboys9496:

He SAID "no red tape" "You'll get whatever you need"....to date, they've gotten a truckload of red tape and shit.

The point is NJ has gotten NOTHING in way of disaster relief from the fed gov't.

Of course giving them relief is the right thing to do..I don't see Barry advocating for that since the election...

Quoting sucker4myloves:

So...because Obama said he wanted relief for the sandy victims, he's bad? He's using them? I think if he wants to give them relief, damn the reasons and give it, it's the right thing to do. That's what I get out of the whole thing.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Oh I'd be throwing an EPIC tantrum..no kidding.

Barry USED Sandy victims for the election..

I'm not quite sure which behavior is lower, using kids for policy gain, or outright lying to disaster victims...

Now we NEVER heard the end of it when Katrina victims were dis'd by the Bush admin. There were racial accusations being tossed all over the place.

WHY are we not hearing the SAME outrage?

What's different???? HHHMMM.....

I said this in another post, and I'll repeat it here, I can NOT understand how Barry stands so tall when he stoops to appalling lows.

Are we moving forward yet?

Quoting sucker4myloves:

I'd throw a tantrum too if my state was ravaged by a natural disaster and my party WALKED OUT on a vote for disaster relief. Stupid.

FEMA is all red tape.  And, when they don't have the red tape, they help very little.

My friend has been denied by FEMA after her entire house was flooded during Sandy.  Her house was willed to her by her mother, and because her mother had gotten aid many years ago FEMA won't help my friend.

Period.

I asked her about all of the funds, the millions raised.  She said so far they have gotten very little, $100 gift cards here and there to Lowe's or Home Depot.  She said the funds from some of the relief programs are set to be released "soon" but she doesn't know when.  She is applying for help everywhere.

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Again, Chris Christie praised the President and his response

And no, we didnt see citizens starving and drowning days after the storm....

Quoting 143myboys9496:

So again, I'l ask you..does that mean that NJ and NY victims don't deserve relief??

An eye for an eye?

Shouldn't we as a gov't, country and it's people learn from our mistakes???

The president has NOT been awesome with relief...oh yes, he was responsive BEFORE the election...the vote for NJ relief has been tabled twice since election...

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

According to Christie, yes, the President was awesome with Sandy response

Now, after Katrina and our citizens were dead and some still dying he choose to keep the miliary out

And we watched out fellow citizens , babies, elderly, sick etc drown, starve and beg for help...

Crazy ass Sean Penn got there before our government handing out water ..that's a damn tragedy

Quoting 143myboys9496:

How did Bush, leave them there? Many decided to "ride it out", not to mention that the Mayor and Govenor couldn't get along to evacuate New Orleans. He also didn't declare evacuations mandatory until it was almost too late.

They KNEW those levees were certified only to CAT 3...The evacuation should have been mandatory from the git go.

I'm not saying Bush did all the right things after the fact, most definitely he did not. Our gov't failed Louisiana.

So that makes it OK with what's happening to NJ and Long Island?

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Dissed?

Bush left Americans to die in New Orleans

During the storm and after

Quoting 143myboys9496:

I'm not quite sure which behavior is lower, using kids for policy gain, or outright lying to disaster victims...

Now we NEVER heard the end of it when Katrina victims were dis'd by the Bush admin. There were racial accusations being tossed all over the place.

I said this in another post, and I'll repeat it here, I can NOT understand how Barry stands so tall when he stoops to appalling lows.

Quoting sucker4myloves:

I'd throw a tantrum too if my state was ravaged by a natural disaster and my party WALKED OUT on a vote for disaster relief. Stupid.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Then Barry shouldn't have made the promise, should he have?

I've heard that FEMA is a ball of red tape. My bff had to deal with them after a flood, as did one of my co-workers. I wouldn't wish an experience like that on my worst enemy...

Quoting romalove:

Quoting 143myboys9496:

He SAID "no red tape" "You'll get whatever you need"....to date, they've gotten a truckload of red tape and shit.

The point is NJ has gotten NOTHING in way of disaster relief from the fed gov't.

Of course giving them relief is the right thing to do..I don't see Barry advocating for that since the election...

Quoting sucker4myloves:

So...because Obama said he wanted relief for the sandy victims, he's bad? He's using them? I think if he wants to give them relief, damn the reasons and give it, it's the right thing to do. That's what I get out of the whole thing.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting sucker4myloves:

FEMA is all red tape.  And, when they don't have the red tape, they help very little.

My friend has been denied by FEMA after her entire house was flooded during Sandy.  Her house was willed to her by her mother, and because her mother had gotten aid many years ago FEMA won't help my friend.

Period.

I asked her about all of the funds, the millions raised.  She said so far they have gotten very little, $100 gift cards here and there to Lowe's or Home Depot.  She said the funds from some of the relief programs are set to be released "soon" but she doesn't know when.  She is applying for help everywhere.

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:52 PM

WOW! Do you read or listen to news?

Christie, praised Barry's response BEFORE THE ELECTION!!!!

and again, I'll ask you, so because of what happened in LA, we should duplicate that in NJ and NY???

People in NY and NJ didn't have power for months...some still don't have power and many literally don't have homes to go back to.

because Katrina victims were treated like shit, you're saying we should do the same to Sandy victims????

From your reply I'd say that's exactly what you're saying.

NIIICE

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting 143myboys9496:

So again, I'l ask you..does that mean that NJ and NY victims don't deserve relief??

An eye for an eye?

The president has NOT been awesome with relief...oh yes, he was responsive BEFORE the election...the vote for NJ relief has been tabled twice since election...

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Now, after Katrina and our citizens were dead and some still dying he choose to keep the miliary out

And we watched out fellow citizens , babies, elderly, sick etc drown, starve and beg for help...

Crazy ass Sean Penn got there before our government handing out water ..that's a damn tragedy

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Lol..has Chistie chnged his opinion? Nope

Now, the power outages...I'm sure you thing the president is the anti Christ and can hair snap his fingers as restore all the power

But that's now how it works

Quoting 143myboys9496:

and again, I'll ask you, so because of what happened in LA, we should duplicate that in NJ and NY???

People in NY and NJ didn't have power for months...some still don't have power and many literally don't have homes to go back to.

because Katrina victims were treated like shit, you're saying we should do the same to Sandy victims????

NIIICE

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting 143myboys9496:

An eye for an eye?

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:04 PM

blank stare

So you ARE saying NJ and NY victims do NOT deserve relief...

Thanks for clearing that up.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/chris-christie-calls-disgusting-boehners-decision-yank-sandy/story?id=18114029

http://news.yahoo.com/jersey-governor-christie-renews-call-federal-sandy-relief-200731320.html

It's more that the  GOP is snubbing Christie because he praised Barry just after the storm and his tour.

BUT..................

Where's Barry now standing up for NJ? HHMMM ya...no where to be found...

• Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Now, the power outages...I'm sure you thing the president is the anti Christ and can hair snap his fingers as restore all the power

Quoting 143myboys9496:

NIIICE

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting 143myboys9496:

An eye for an eye?

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Dear if you are seeing things that aren't there you may need to seek medical help

No where did I say anyone doesn't deserve help...

I'm concerned for your health after that, are you feeling ok?

Quoting 143myboys9496:

blank stare

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/chris-christie-calls-disgusting-boehners-decision-yank-sandy/story?id=18114029

http://news.yahoo.com/jersey-governor-christie-renews-call-federal-sandy-relief-200731320.html

It's more that the  GOP is snubbing Christie because he praised Barry just after the storm and his tour.

BUT..................

• Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting 143myboys9496:

NIIICE

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting 143myboys9496:

An eye for an eye?

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Hun, you never said they DID deserve help, which is what I asked you more than once.

You just skipped over it and continued on your little tirade, of Katrina, Katrina, Katrina...

Considering your dismissal of Sandy victims, I'm surprised you have concern for my health..I'm not dying, dehydrated, or hungry.

Enjoy your evening sweetie.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Dear if you are seeing things that aren't there you may need to seek medical help

Quoting 143myboys9496:

blank stare

BUT..................

• Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting 143myboys9496:

NIIICE

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting 143myboys9496:

An eye for an eye?

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:29 PM
So you made something up because it wasn't typed for you?

I think you have some serious issues

Good luck with that

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Hun, you never said they DID deserve help, which is what I asked you more than once.

You just skipped over it and continued on your little tirade, of Katrina, Katrina, Katrina...

Considering your dismissal of Sandy victims, I'm surprised you have concern for my health..I'm not dying, dehydrated, or hungry.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting 143myboys9496:

blank stare

BUT..................

• Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting 143myboys9496:

NIIICE

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting 143myboys9496:

An eye for an eye?

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:44 PM

I didn't make anything up...you avoided the question,  in general most do when they have an unpopular point of view.

I don't have any issues, luv, you do it's called avoidance/denial.

I've heard counseling can be quite helpful.

I wish you all the best in your endeavors.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

So you made something up because it wasn't typed for you?

I think you have some serious issues

Good luck with that

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN