Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are followers of the other party moral people?

Posted by   + Show Post

For Democrats who don't think Republicans are moral, and Republicans who don't think Democrats are moral:

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Replies (11-18):
MamiJaAyla
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:33 PM

There are good and bad on both sides of the fence.  Its all about differing opinions about exactly where you're line is and what is good/bad to you and what is more important to you personally.

Case in point at Karate class another mom and I were talking and we both found fault with Romeny and Obama HOWEVER for her the tipping point was Romney/Ryans stance on abortion  and marriage etc. she is a devout Catholic.  For me it was a tipping point as well but more towards the other side. 

There's been other times where I've been up and down about a candidate and voted for them b/c of their views on something I care about and what is more important to me is not nec. the same as for another.  I tend to read up and know a lot about a persons record on education and others know more about how that person is on business or gun control or what ever is important to THEM. 

blues_pagan
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think that political ideations or affiliation add to or take away a persons morals.  That's just me though.

rccmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:20 PM
They are moral people in either party, and among independents also.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stephanie329
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:21 PM
This.

Quoting mikiemom:

I think there are moral people on both sides of the fence. I don't think being christian is a definition of morality. I believe people can be moral with or without religion. If you (general you) can't tell the difference between right and wrong, you don't lack religion, you lack empathy. I see a major lack of empathy among the right wing ladies that post on this board.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
created4apurpos
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:25 PM

there are moral people on both sides, its the politicians who tend to lack morals.  united we stand, divided we fall.  this country is more divided than its ever been.  we treat political parties like a religion and until we unite ourselves again this country will remain in trouble.

Friday
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this

No sound to watch the video but yes there are good and bad in all groups whether it's politics, religion, race, etc. I don't believe any political party has cornered the market on morals or corruption. I think it's very silly that some look at the world in such black & white terms.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Co-sign

Quoting mikiemom:

I think there are moral people on both sides of the fence. I don't think being christian is a definition of morality. I believe people can be moral with or without religion. If you (general you) can't tell the difference between right and wrong, you don't lack religion, you lack empathy. I see a major lack of empathy among the right wing ladies that post on this board.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting romalove:

I have always simplified (maybe even over simplified) the differences between those on the right and the left by their idea of what government is for.  Most on the right think the smallest government is best, stay out of the way of people and they can take care of themselves.  Most on the left think government is there to help the people and take care of those who haven't been able to do so for themselves.

Neither side has a monopoly on morality.  It's a difference of philosophy.

I will say the melding of religion on the right has skewed that vision for many, making them equate their conservative views with morals and thinking those who are therefore on the opposite side lack them.

I completely agree, and most likely could not have said it better myself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)