Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

I am ashamed to have to claim this loon was my governor.

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:31 AM
  • 41 Replies
1 mom liked this

First her crazy speech at the DNC and now this.

Today on ABC’s This Week, after Rick Santorum explained that Americans are protective of their right to buy guns because they “want to feel safe,” former Michigan governor Jennifer Granholm offered a reassuring sentiment: Americans needn’t worry about protecting themselves, because they have President Obama, and “he sees himself as protector-in-chief.”

Granholm explained that she sees Obama as also applying this philosophy of president-as-palladium to foreign policy — perhaps a more sensible concept.

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:36 AM
2 moms liked this

I have to wonder if she got into some moonshine in Charlotte and is still feeling the affects.

You Yankees can not handle the real stuff.

rocketracer
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:15 AM
5 moms liked this

"Americans needn’t worry about protecting themselves, because they have President Obama, and “he sees himself as protector-in-chief.”

1. Her claim is a good example of what's wrong with many politicians....They think gov't is here to save us from ourselves.

2. If Obama truly see himself as the protector-in-chief,  can we say....major narcissist.

3. If Obama doesn't see himself as the protector-in-chief, but that's her interpretation, then there's no help for her.  She has had too much gov't kool-aid and won't survive rehab.

Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:47 AM
4 moms liked this

Source?

I'd like to see this in context.

Mrs.wilcox01
by New Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:50 AM
bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CarolinaGirl725
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:00 AM
If Jennifer got any 'shine in Charlotte during the convention, someone from the North Carolina delegation would have had to sneak it in from a good source in Wilkes or Johnston County, and getting it past security would have been a challenge. Billiejeens and I finally agree on something. You have to be a real Tar Heel to handle high octane moonshine.

Quoting Billiejeens:

I have to wonder if she got into some moonshine in Charlotte and is still feeling the affects.

You Yankees can not handle the real stuff.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nanaofsix531
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:30 AM

OMG Don't hold your breath

Quoting Kate_Momof3:.

Source?

rccmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:41 AM
2 moms liked this

You think that is bad, Perry used to be my governor.

Erinelizz
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Um yeah, I just found video of this. She does not say "Americans don't need to protect themselves because they have Obama, protector in chief" or however this article words it. Here's a link to the video, but I can make it clicky.
http://beforeitsnews.com/opinion-conservative/2013/01/obama-sees-himself-as-protector-in-chief-2562950.html

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Source?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
blues_pagan
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:44 AM

For context...

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Damn she looking rough.

Looks like she been rode hard and put up wet.

That white lightning will do that to ya.

Quoting blues_pagan:

For context...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)