Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Replies (31-40):
tnmomofive
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Good thing because you havent the power to officially claim me not an American.The slim majority by the way..

cbk_mom3
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:29 PM
3 moms liked this

Agree. I don't care for him, and make no secret of that, but I would NEVER in a million years wish for him, or anyone else to be killed. Anyone who does want that is sick, and twisted and needs to find something else to occupy their time, like volunteering to help those less fortunate. 

Quoting jcribb16:

Thank you for saying that.  I can't believe one side like that would just automatically assume only the other side would say disgusting things like that.

That's appalling.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

How dare you associate the right with these loons..

Barry wasn't my choice, but I don't want him killed. And those that I know who didn't support him, I don't know any of them that want him killed either.

nanaofsix531
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this

There I changed the heading.Everyone happy now?

lokilover
by New Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I think reporters need to be carefully when reporting people's names like this. About 90% of them are idiots, but some may not be as insidious as they are presented. The Becky girl's tweet, for example, gives no indication that she wants to see Obama killed. There are some others that are also a bit ambiguous. I think the reporter should have blurred their names out.

GagaNTattooS
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:20 PM

That's not all of America ...

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

As America celebrates

2013 presidential inauguration information

Quoting GagaNTattooS:

And that is sad.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting GagaNTattooS:

I don't want him dead. Just out of office.

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:33 PM
2 moms liked this
They made it public

Quoting lokilover:

I think reporters need to be carefully when reporting people's names like this. About 90% of them are idiots, but some may not be as insidious as they are presented. The Becky girl's tweet, for example, gives no indication that she wants to see Obama killed. There are some others that are also a bit ambiguous. I think the reporter should have blurred their names out.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TCgirlatheart
by TC on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Twitter must be the biggest a$$hole magnet. SMH
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lokilover
by New Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

They made it public

Quoting lokilover:

Thinking about it more, you're right, but I still don't like the inclusion of some individual tweets here. Hopefully, they don't get any massive hate that these kinds of articles can cause.

Still, I don't really like this recent trend in journalism to quote lots of tweets from random people. It feels very tabloidish (I know that's not a real word), and doesn't seem like in belongs in actual, respectable journalism. Maybe that's just me though.

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:49 PM
They put trash like this out there

Nothing to question, they are all hateful and disgusting

Quoting lokilover:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

They made it public

Quoting lokilover:

Thinking about it more, you're right, but I still don't like the inclusion of some individual tweets here. Hopefully, they don't get any massive hate that these kinds of articles can cause.

Still, I don't really like this recent trend in journalism to quote lots of tweets from random people. It feels very tabloidish (I know that's not a real word), and doesn't seem like in belongs in actual, respectable journalism. Maybe that's just me though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jcribb16
by Primrose Foxglove on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this

That is pure intolerance and hatred, sweet-a-kins.  How dare you approve of something that hideous.  There are some real whackos on both sides, but I'm telling you what, lady, neither of the opposite sides should ever outright be accused of doing something like this.  You should be ashamed of yourself even thinking of something this disgusting. You should be ridiculing the hateful ones who tweeted the messages, NOT a side.  Honestly, get over it.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Because many on the right have BEEN saying it since 2008, including Bible references to infer it, preachers PRAYING for it...

and many MORE of the so called reasonable ones said NOTHING and even DEFENDED the language being used.

Quoting jcribb16:

Thank you for saying that.  I can't believe one side like that would just automatically assume only the other side would say disgusting things like that.

That's appalling.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

How dare you associate the right with these loons..

Barry wasn't my choice, but I don't want him killed. And those that I know who didn't support him, I don't know any of them that want him killed either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN