Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

It’s Mourning in America

Today is Obama’s second swearing in, and despite what the Obama-adoring, Kool-Aid- drinking liberal mainstream media tells you, this is a day for sadness, not celebration. It's time to mourn for what Obama is doing to America....and even worse, for what he has planned for the next four years. The economy is in free-fall. Economists are suddenly all agreeing that Obama’s “solution” to the fiscal cliff—gigantic tax increases that are already taking big bites out of paychecks—will crater our projected economic growth for 2013. It’s bad out there, and getting worse every day. The fact is: We are in an Obama Great Depression.

I call it “Obamageddon.”

Today’s inauguration simply guarantees our economy is doomed to four more years of the same. And Americans are asking: Will we survive Obama’s second term as self-supporting independent individuals? Or as families able to take care of our kids and give them a start in life? As a nation? Will my small business survive? Will I have a job in four years?

The first key to surviving Obamageddon is to understand what’s really going on. Armed with the facts, we might just have a chance of surviving, and even thriving, during the Obama nightmare. But don’t hold your breath waiting for the Obama administration or the mainstream media to tell you the truth. For that, like most other things worth having, we have to do it ourselves.

So here are ten hard facts the Obama lackeys don’t want you to know:

1. The Obama administration has gone on the biggest spending spree in world history—$13.6 trillion since 2008.

2. Under Obama the national debt has increased by fifty percent. Obama is on track to add $12 trillion to the national debt – a staggering three times more than Bush in his eight years as president.

3. Under Obama the national debt now exceeds the entire output of the U.S. economy.

4. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, household income has fallen for all four years under Obama; it’s down $4000.

5. The net worth of the average American is down a whopping 40%.

6. Unemployment was over eight percent for an unimaginable 43 consecutive months. That’s more months of 8%+ unemployment than under all the presidents from Truman to George W. Bush.

7. According to economist John Williams of Shadowstats.com, if you factored in all of the short-term discouraged workers, all of the long-term discouraged workers, and all of those working part-time because they cannot find full-time employment, the real unemployment rate would be over 20 percent—higher than unemployment for most years of the Great Depression.

8. Fifty-three percent of all college graduates in America under age 25 are either unemployed or under-employed, and the total student loan debt is now over $1 trillion, with defaults at record levels.

9. Obama’s term produced horrendous economic damage to African Americans. Black unemployment is currently at 14%, even by official understatement.

10. A staggering 1 in 3 residents in Obama's home state of Illinois are now living in poverty. Shame. Disgrace. Pathetic. Embarrassment. But get ready- Obama is bringing that same economy to all of us. He wants to "spread the poverty around."

In sum, Americans are experiencing unimaginable economic wreckage, crisis and collapse from coast to coast.

How can Americans survive the next four years? By saying enough is enough. Seek out the facts, and refuse to swallow the Obama sound bites, or the mainstream media's Obama-approved propaganda. The fight to survive and thrive begins by taking charge of our everyday lives- with our taxes, our investments, our choice of where to live, our children’s education, our healthcare, our guns, our food supply, our home security, and of course, our faith in God, family and country.

So, today, instead of getting out the party hats and balloons for Obama’s inauguration, I'd suggest you make your best New Year’s resolution: Resolve to survive and thrive despite the coming Obamageddon.

http://townhall.com/columnists/wayneallynroot/2013/01/21/its-mourning-in-america-n1492612/page/full/

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:19 AM
Replies (11-20):
MsDenuninani
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Agree.

Quoting thecoffeefairy:

As long as we predict doom and gloom, refuse to invest in small business and American products, we will create self fulfilling prophecies. We create our economy by spending. When we ALL take time to shop local, we grow our local economy. Small businesses will be able to hire more employees, provide healthcare and make profit. This in turn helps more people reach the middle class dream of home ownership. This moves us into the housing market. See where this is going?

Simmeringhearts
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:13 AM
6 moms liked this

So, in other words, you can't.

Quoting SweetChild63:

Yes, I can refrute those fairy tales, but it won't matter to desperate crazed right wingers. I suggest you clear the cookies out of your browser and search for yourself. 

Quoting JustCJ:

. The Obama administration has gone on the biggest spending spree in world history—$13.6 trillion since 2008.

2. Under Obama the national debt has increased by fifty percent. Obama is on track to add $12 trillion to the national debt – a staggering three times more than Bush in his eight years as president.

3. Under Obama the national debt now exceeds the entire output of the U.S. economy.

4. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, household income has fallen for all four years under Obama; it’s down $4000.

6. Unemployment was over eight percent for an unimaginable 43 consecutive months. That’s more months of 8%+ unemployment than under all the presidents from Truman to George W. Bush.

7. According to economist John Williams of Shadowstats.com, if you factored in all of the short-term discouraged workers, all of the long-term discouraged workers, and all of those working part-time because they cannot find full-time employment, the real unemployment rate would be over 20 percent—higher than unemployment for most years of the Great Depression.

8. Fifty-three percent of all college graduates in America under age 25 are either unemployed or under-employed, and the total student loan debt is now over $1 trillion, with defaults at record levels.

9. Obama’s term produced horrendous economic damage to African Americans. Black unemployment is currently at 14%, even by official understatement.

10. A staggering 1 in 3 residents in Obama's home state of Illinois are now living in poverty. Shame. Disgrace. Pathetic. Embarrassment. But get ready- Obama is bringing that same economy to all of us. He wants to "spread the poverty around."

Since you know so much, maybe you can refute these. You know, for clarification...Maybe pull some of us right wingers out of fantasy land?

Quoting SweetChild63:

More raving right wing fantasy with out supporting facts or real explainations. 

MsDenuninani
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Quoting The-Raven:

Quoting MsDenuninani:

Obama doesn't "control" the national economy.  His is only one branch of government, and when it comes to domestic spending, a pretty weak one.

Quoting The-Raven:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Since when did Obama control the economy on Chicago?

This article is one of the most disgusting I have seen in awhile

Quoting pvtjokerus:

"10. A staggering 1 in 3 residents in Obama's home state of Illinois are now living in poverty. Shame. Disgrace. Pathetic. Embarrassment. But get ready- Obama is bringing that same economy to all of us. He wants to "spread the poverty around."

He began impacting Chicago's economy long ago. His impact increased as time went on. As he got closer to the White House, and his election became more likely, he began to have more and more impact on the national economy as business owners and leaders began to brace themselves and their businesses for what they anticipated to be the most liberal, anti-business White House and Congress in US history.  One can make a logical argument that he began to have a substantial impact on the US economy...particularly in the area of employment and business expansion...sometime around the middle of 2008.

He began "controlling" the national economy...to the extent it can be done by the federal government...in Jan 2009.

If you read what I actcually wrote, it said "to the extent it can be done by the federal government." 

And domestic government spending is not "the economy," and its certainly not the only way he can impact the economy.  Regulations and laws have a huge impact on the economy.  ObamaCare, for example, has areas of "domestic spending," but the impact felt by business goes way, way beyond that arena. 

If you're a business owner who has 49 employees today, and you wanted to hire a "50th" employee tomorrow, do you have any idea how much it could cost...due to the impact of ObamaCare alone...your company to simply put that 50th employee on the payroll?

If you read what I actcually wrote, it said "to the extent it can be done by the federal government."  which implies that Obama controls the federal government.

He cannot.  Nor can he, by himself, issue regulations and laws.  Obamacare was passed by Congress -- he alone could not have implemented it. His power is limited, it's that of exective orders, but in all areas affecting domestic commerce, the power lies with Congress.

That said, if you're saying that he impacted the economy because businesses took steps in anticipation of an Obama presidency, I think I understand your argument.  But that is essentially a self-fulfilling prohphecy that cannot be avoided, unless you think only business owners should be allowed to vote.

From my perspective, businesses are doing fine. I have a job because businesses pay me, and they have had no problem paying their bills or receiving more services.  They have not, however been hiring, because they figured out how to make the same incomes without having new employees.  And that's a problem that can't be solved without, ironically, more regulation.

gsprofval
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:08 PM
2 moms liked this

More regulation is not needed.  obama has signed executive orders for too many stupid regulations which are causing jobs to be lost; i.e. a fine for farmers because of dust---how extremely STUPID is that.

MsDenuninani
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Quoting The-Raven:

Quoting MsDenuninani:

Quoting The-Raven:

Quoting MsDenuninani:

Obama doesn't "control" the national economy.  His is only one branch of government, and when it comes to domestic spending, a pretty weak one.

Quoting The-Raven:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Since when did Obama control the economy on Chicago?

This article is one of the most disgusting I have seen in awhile

Quoting pvtjokerus:

"10. A staggering 1 in 3 residents in Obama's home state of Illinois are now living in poverty. Shame. Disgrace. Pathetic. Embarrassment. But get ready- Obama is bringing that same economy to all of us. He wants to "spread the poverty around."

He began impacting Chicago's economy long ago. His impact increased as time went on. As he got closer to the White House, and his election became more likely, he began to have more and more impact on the national economy as business owners and leaders began to brace themselves and their businesses for what they anticipated to be the most liberal, anti-business White House and Congress in US history.  One can make a logical argument that he began to have a substantial impact on the US economy...particularly in the area of employment and business expansion...sometime around the middle of 2008.

He began "controlling" the national economy...to the extent it can be done by the federal government...in Jan 2009.

If you read what I actcually wrote, it said "to the extent it can be done by the federal government." 

And domestic government spending is not "the economy," and its certainly not the only way he can impact the economy.  Regulations and laws have a huge impact on the economy.  ObamaCare, for example, has areas of "domestic spending," but the impact felt by business goes way, way beyond that arena. 

If you're a business owner who has 49 employees today, and you wanted to hire a "50th" employee tomorrow, do you have any idea how much it could cost...due to the impact of ObamaCare alone...your company to simply put that 50th employee on the payroll?

If you read what I actcually wrote, it said "to the extent it can be done by the federal government."  which implies that Obama controls the federal government.

He cannot.  Nor can he, by himself, issue regulations and laws.  Obamacare was passed by Congress -- he alone could not have implemented it. His power is limited, it's that of exective orders, but in all areas affecting domestic commerce, the power lies with Congress.

That said, if you're saying that he impacted the economy because businesses took steps in anticipationof an Obama presidency, I think I understand your argument.  But that is essentially a self-fulfilling prohphecy that cannot be avoided, unless you think only business owners should be allowed to vote.

From my perspective, businesses are doing fine. I have a job because businesses pay me, and they have had no problem paying their bills or receiving more services.  They have not, however been hiring, because they figured out how to make the same incomes without having new employees.  And that's a problem that can't be solved without, ironically, more regulation.

You've obviously never owned a business. No rational business owner sets a goal of "maintaining" his current business income.   Anyone who has actually owned and/or run a business knows the most commonly repeated phrase uttered by any CEO is "grow or die."  That's not "cliche'"...it's a proven and time-honored philosophy that has governed virtually all businesses.

And any administration that sets policy with the hope of restricting business to the point of "maintenance" has a death wish for the US economy and overall employment. 

To your statement about the president not being able to direct regulatory changes on his own, you need to do more reading.  He not only "can" do it, has has been doing it, and he continues doing it...  I can't paste the link to the article I want to post.  But if you go to this weekly standard post, the link contained in it takes you to the article from the Washington Examiner...if you'd like to actually know what's truly happening, from the perspective of the decision-makers in business. 

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/domino-effect-obamas-regulations_5881006.html

Sorry -- I see the misunderstanding regarding the bolded statement above. I actually do own a business, FYI, and I agree with your last sentence in the first paragraph.

To clarify, the bulk of the private sector (ie, businesses) are able to thrive in the current economy, without any additional hires.  I see this in the company I work for, a rather large firm that services the private sector, and has only seen increases in revenues, as business is able to afford our services.  We had one year - 2009 - when that wasn't true, and one year of stagnation.  We are thriving again

As for your last paragraph, The Washington Examinor and the Weekly Standared are well-known conservative-leaning publications, sand tend to interpret all of Obama's actions in the most negative-to-business light.  That said, nothing in the post above (which I couldn't click on, but found using google) disputes what I've been saying all along -- it is not Obama that is passing laws and regulations himself.  That is Congress's job.  What you need to find to dispute me are regulations Obama passed that did not need to be voted on by Congress to take effect.  The article here, simply calls something that passed under Obama, Obama's law.  That's simply not true.

Like I said, the power of the Executive in the domestic economy is quite limited.  Congress passes laws; the President signs them.  He does nothing himself; his powers are limited by the Constitution. If we were talking about foreign policy, that would be another story. . .

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

You won't, you can't, you never do.

You pop in make an insult and pop out, it's kinda funny.

Quoting SweetChild63:

Yes, I can refrute those fairy tales, but it won't matter to desperate crazed right wingers. I suggest you clear the cookies out of your browser and search for yourself. 

Quoting JustCJ:

. The Obama administration has gone on the biggest spending spree in world history—$13.6 trillion since 2008.

Since you know so much, maybe you can refute these. You know, for clarification...Maybe pull some of us right wingers out of fantasy land?

Quoting SweetChild63:

More raving right wing fantasy with out supporting facts or real explainations. 

FrumpyMama
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:20 PM

wait wait..........I have a pic for that..........:digs around on interernet:......hooray for the internet and all the nameless opinions stated without fear. 

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Those three have some things in common. 

Quoting FrumpyMama:

wait wait..........I have a pic for that..........:digs around on interernet:......hooray for the internet and all the nameless opinions stated without fear. 

db1au
by New Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:25 PM

All of Obama's failures the first 4 years was bush's fault.  Not sure who will be blamed for his failures for the next 4 years.  Will probably still be bush's fault (not defending bush, he was horrible, but just wondering who will be blamed for the next 4 years).  

FrumpyMama
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:28 PM

a good bit of sarcasm wasted..........oh well.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Those three have some things in common. 

Quoting FrumpyMama:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN