Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Hilary Clinton Testifies

Posted by   + Show Post

Hilary Clinton is testifying before Congress about Benghazi now.  Anyone watching?  

She hammered home the idea that we need to provide better resources to protect our Ambassadors overseas, particularly in this region of the world.  

I think she did a great job with her statement, now the questions are starting.

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Replies (41-50):
pj2becca21
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:08 PM

before she was set to testify. 

Quoting PamR:

Quoting pj2becca21:

It all lies anyway, first she tried to out, now she is turning it into a sob story. 

yep pretty good acting i would say

Quoting mikiemom:

From what I've seen on the news sounds like she is holding her own in the shark tank. I see the nasty comments from the normal crowd. If ya'll aren't going to take her testimony seriously why was it so important that she testify.

What was lies?  Specifically?

LIMom1105
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:11 PM
I probably get the same look on my face after reading posts here.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pvtjokerus
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Who what?

Quoting PamR:

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Not by those that know her or work with her.

Quoting PamR:

FYI - Secretary Clinton is the most admired woman in the world for the 11th straight year.  Just sayin'.

Who?

rccmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:13 PM
2 moms liked this

I thought Rand Paul was rude. Hillary handled herself well though.

Quoting SweetChild63:

I watched. Rand Paul was just a grandstanding ass. Only a handful asking intelligent questions. HIllary did debunk a lot of the tin foil hat wearing crowd: The state dept. does not us IM to communicate at all. There was no camera equipt drone transmitting the event. Of course there will be the raving wackos who spin into the ground claiming she's lying because they read it on some right wing  fiction blog written by some loser living in his mother's basement.

PamR
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Quoting pj2becca21:

before she was set to testify. 

Quoting PamR:

Quoting pj2becca21:

It all lies anyway, first she tried to out, now she is turning it into a sob story. 

yep pretty good acting i would say

Quoting mikiemom:

From what I've seen on the news sounds like she is holding her own in the shark tank. I see the nasty comments from the normal crowd. If ya'll aren't going to take her testimony seriously why was it so important that she testify.

What was lies?  Specifically?

Yes, but what lies are you talking about?

PamR
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Who what?

Quoting PamR:

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Not by those that know her or work with her.

Quoting PamR:

FYI - Secretary Clinton is the most admired woman in the world for the 11th straight year.  Just sayin'.

Who?

Who among those who work with or know her, don't like her?  And why?

PamR
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Quoting rccmom:

Quoting SweetChild63:

I watched. Rand Paul was just a grandstanding ass. Only a handful asking intelligent questions. HIllary did debunk a lot of the tin foil hat wearing crowd: The state dept. does not us IM to communicate at all. There was no camera equipt drone transmitting the event. Of course there will be the raving wackos who spin into the ground claiming she's lying because they read it on some right wing  fiction blog written by some loser living in his mother's basement.

Rand Paul speculating about what he would do if he were president.  That's a stretch.

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow..this is startling..I remember when the  DNC  threw her under the bus..now it's all warm fuzzies.. And..she had to be negligent  to get that.

LIMom1105
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Yes, to those who claim to know she's lying, please share her lies. I'm curious.

As for her being easy or difficult to work with, I would guess she's not the easiest boss, but I could be wrong. She supposedly did good bipartisan work as a Senator with Republicans. John McCain praised her efforts.

LIMom1105
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree.

Quoting rccmom:

Quoting SweetChild63:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN