Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mrs. Obama

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:49 PM
  • 32 Replies

Poll

Question: What do you think of her?

Options:

I like her and her husband.

I dislike her and her husband

I like her but dislike her husband.

I dislike her but like her husband.

I have no opinion either way (as requested)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 50

View Results

I am not an Obama supporter in any way...AT ALL!!! However, something about Michelle just calls to me. Of course, she has immensely offended me on occasion, but over all I think she is so lovely. She seems down to earth and classy, and just enough sass that you know not to mess with her. I also love what she has done for childhood obesity and the fact that she practices what she preaches. She has completely transformed her body since Obama because president. She has become more fit and healthy and she looks AMAZING!!! Plus, I am totally digging those bangs!

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lurion
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I answered "like" only b/c there wasn't a "love" option. 

brandydesiree
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I put LOVE at first, but I didn't want to use HATE....so like and dislike it was. LOL

Quoting Lurion:

I answered "like" only b/c there wasn't a "love" option. 

Citygirlk
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:02 PM

I like them both.

rccmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I like her. Too often 1st Ladies get bashed, and I never like that. I also like her work in teaching healthy eating habits.

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this

You need a "I have no opinion either way on her" button. big smile mini

Stephanie329
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I really like them both. She is intelligent and classy, which creates much hostility towards her by many women - in this group especially. One wing nut was making fun of her for having her elbows on a table - if you have to go that low to find something to poke fun of - that says a lot about that Wing nut: and it's not good. There's always the usual tear down of hair and clothes, women in general are catty and with such a high profile target as Michelle, it's much worse than usual.

I also liked George W and Laura, I just don't feel the kind of hostility towards First Ladies that some do. I like Bill and Hilary too - just not so much as a couple.

Those of my generation and older will remember the hostility towards Nancy Reagan. Personally, I do not feel it was deserved.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stephanie329
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:56 PM
That work has given her detractors more cause to hate her for some reason. (She's STARVIIIIING the little children).

Quoting rccmom:

I like her. Too often 1st Ladies get bashed, and I never like that. I also like her work in teaching healthy eating habits.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rccmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:57 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Stephanie329:

I really like them both. She is intelligent and classy, which creates much hostility towards her by many women - in this group especially. One wing nut was making fun of her for having her elbows on a table - if you have to go that low to find something to poke fun of - that says a lot about that Wing nut: and it's not good. There's always the usual tear down of hair and clothes, women in general are catty and with such a high profile target as Michelle, it's much worse than usual.

I also liked George W and Laura, I just don't feel the kind of hostility towards First Ladies that some do. I like Bill and Hilary too - just not so much as a couple.

Those of my generation and older will remember the hostility towards Nancy Reagan. Personally, I do not feel it was deserved.

I felt the hostility towards Nancy Reagan was mean spirited, and very uncalled for. I think that first ladies have a hard job and often don't get the respect they deserve.

rccmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:59 PM
2 moms liked this

I know. Heaven forbid someone would speak to our precious children about vegetables. I really liked how she got involved with gardening also.

Quoting Stephanie329:

That work has given her detractors more cause to hate her for some reason. (She's STARVIIIIING the little children).

Quoting rccmom:

PamR
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:09 PM

I think she's great.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)