Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Washington City counsilman walks out on counsil meeting because of citizen with CCW

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:53 AM
  • 34 Replies

Just wow..really? This is what we are dealing with today.What a damn shame.

I think everybody should watch this.First they try to dictate to the vet that he cannot have on a hat and then that he cannot carry his fire arm.

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tnmomofive
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:49 AM
4 moms liked this

Old baldy should have read and studied our Constitution before taking his oath...idiot

blues_pagan
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Most cities and states have laws that state you cannot have a weapon in a court room, public building, hospital, etc....

I have also served my country, am a disabled vet and even I know this general law.  I respect it and would have turned over my weapon.  

tnmomofive
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:16 PM
2 moms liked this

If you listen to the video he was well within his rights to have his fire arm.The bald guy is a grandstanding Constitution trampling scardy cat.Does he not realize just how many folks he comes into contact with daily with ccws?

I have plenty of military family and they would not cower and hand their fire arm over when they are within their rights...it would be shameful if they did!

grandmab125
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:12 PM
4 moms liked this

Well obviously, this city has no such law as far as the building in which they hold their council meeting.  And since you don't live there, you have no idea what their conceal carry laws are.  They didn't ask him to turn over his weapon, now did they?  I guess the part where he said that he also carries a gun to protect others went right over your head.

Quoting blues_pagan:

Most cities and states have laws that state you cannot have a weapon in a court room, public building, hospital, etc....

I have also served my country, am a disabled vet and even I know this general law.  I respect it and would have turned over my weapon.  

grandma B

29again
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:58 PM
4 moms liked this

They took an oath as a council member to uphold the Constitution, yet those two wanted to infringe a citizens right to bear arms.  Just who is being hypocritical here? 

I bet that that guy who left would have no problem with a private security guard of his very own, especially if there is a vet with a CCW permit in the room! 

rocketracer
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:11 PM
3 moms liked this

Baldy is a wimp.  I wonder if he sticks his thumb in his mouth so he can fall asleep....

tnmomofive
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:37 PM
3 moms liked this

sidesplittinglaughterAnd cries for his wife to bring him his woobie! 

Quoting rocketracer:

Baldy is a wimp.  I wonder if he sticks his thumb in his mouth so he can fall asleep....

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:12 AM
4 moms liked this

This is FASCINATING.

A great microcosm of the whole gun control issue.

Very heartening - I hope this city's example here can be replicated elsewhere.

Bonita131
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:31 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting 29again:

They took an oath as a council member to uphold the Constitution, yet those two wanted to infringe a citizens right to bear arms.  Just who is being hypocritical here? 

I bet that that guy who left would have no problem with a private security guard of his very own, especially if there is a vet with a CCW permit in the room! 

You're the hypocrite for thinking, no lets change that to demanding that a citizen should be permitted to carry a gun 24/7 with no restrictions. Guns should never be permitted at a city counsel meeting where council members could be disliked by one or more citizens in the room.  It is not unheard of that a citizen has killed  council members, with Kirkwood Missouri being a prime example where a pissed off citizen attending a meeting shot and killed six people and wounded two others.  City council meetings should be no different than the court where guns are not permitted. It is a matter of safety for the people on the council and bench.   Banning guns from council meetings & courts does not mean your "right to bear arms" is being infringed, it means the people in those meetings and courts are protected from nut cases who think like you.   

29again
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Bonita131:

Quoting 29again:

You're the hypocrite for thinking, no lets change that to demanding that a citizen should be permitted to carry a gun 24/7 with no restrictions. Guns should never be permitted at a city counsel meeting where council members could be disliked by one or more citizens in the room.  It is not unheard of that a citizen has killed  council members, with Kirkwood Missouri being a prime example where a pissed off citizen attending a meeting shot and killed six people and wounded two others.  City council meetings should be no different than the court where guns are not permitted. It is a matter of safety for the people on the council and bench.   Banning guns from council meetings & courts does not mean your "right to bear arms" is being infringed, it means the people in those meetings and courts are protected from nut cases who think like you.   

Oh, boy.  Look, it is one thing when there is a clear law stating that this or that is not permitted in these or those circumstances.  An example would be that there are to be no guns carried (concealed or otherwise) during a city council meeting.  In this case, there was no such law or statute or ordinance.  THEREFORE, ole Baldy was being a hypocrite.  The community gets to set those sorts of laws for their own community.  They have not yet made such a law for this setting.  So, Baldy was being a hypocrite.  Listen to what the city attorney said.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)