Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Sarah Palin Out At Fox News

Posted by   + Show Post

Sarah Palin Out At Fox News

The Huffington Post  |  By Posted:   |  Updated: 01/25/2013 5:19 pm EST

Sarah Palin has parted ways with Fox News, multiple outlets wrote on Friday.

Real Clear Politics was the first to report that Palin — who reportedly signed a $1 million-a-year contract with the network in 2010 — will not be renewing it. The New York Times' Brian Stelter later confirmed the news with Fox News.

A "source close to Palin" told RCP that she had turned down a new offer. Fox News merely told the New York Times in a statement that it wished her the best.

The news is not very surprising, but it does highlight, as much as anything, Palin's diminished relevance. Reports about the increasingly icy relationship between Palin and Fox News CEO Roger Ailes have been circulating for years. He has mocked her in public, and is said to have privately labeled her "stupid." Meanwhile, her public profile has waned as the years since her bid for the vice presidency grind on.

In August, New York magazine's Gabriel Sherman wrote that a new contract for Palin was a very iffy thing indeed. That report came the day after Palin publicly complained that the network had canceled some of her appearances.

By the time her contract ended, it had been since mid-December that Palin had appeared on Fox News at all.

Buh bye.

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Replies (11-20):
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:53 AM
2 moms liked this

And the problem with Palin choosing not to renew her contract for a 4th year, so she can have more speaking/commentating opportunities IS? 

I don't always agree with Palin, and I don't love her speaking voice, but she is passionate and articulate about individual freedom and small, efficient government.  She is very much in demand by libertarians and conservatives - however, was unable to appear on other networks because of the noncompete clause in her average Fox News commentator contract.

Fox offered the contract renewal, Palin decided to turn it down. She wants to have the freedom to speak in more settings - to be, in a sense, a freelance consultant - her own boss - rather than an employee. That sounds like an issue of individual freedom to me.

Which, last I checked, was one of the main goals of the Constitution.

stacefaceninja
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:57 AM

that's fantastic. 

Now, what do we have to do to get her to leave the country?

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:59 AM
3 moms liked this

Why should she leave the country? If you don't like that she is here, the door's open. 

Quoting stacefaceninja:

that's fantastic. 

blondekosmic15
Wishing everyone a very happy new year~
Yesterday at 7:08 PM
by Blonde on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:03 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting mikiemom:

Never watched her, lost every ounce of respect I ever had for McCaine when his dumbass picked her as a running mate. She should have never been on the national stage, now if we can get rid of the other crazy ass republican with a vagina (Bachman) _ coulter doesn't count as her adams apple is bigger than my husbands.

And there are those on the nat'l stage from your party which have no business being there. Vulgar attacks toward women you may not like reveals your lack of character.

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting SallyMJ:

And the problem with Palin choosing not to renew her contract for a 4th year, so she can have more speaking/commentating opportunities IS? 

I don't always agree with Palin, and I don't love her speaking voice, but she is passionate and articulate about individual freedom and small, efficient government.  She is very much in demand for libertarians and conservatives - however, was unable to appear on other networks because of the noncompete clause in her average Fox News commentator contract.

Fox offered the contract renewal, Palin decided to turn it down. She wants to have the freedom to speak in more settings - to be, in a sense, a freelance consultant - her own boss - rather than an employee. That sounds like an issue of individual freedom to me.

Momniscient
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Does she sort of just quit everything?

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting stacefaceninja:

that's fantastic. 

I take it you support Obama...control, control, control.

Momniscient
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:08 AM

She does have a record of quitting to pursue greener pastures.

lol.

Hope those speaking engagements work out as well as when she quit Alaska to be the VP.

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting SallyMJ:

I don't always agree with Palin, and I don't love her speaking voice, but she is passionate and articulate about individual freedom and small, efficient government.  She is very much in demand for libertarians and conservatives - however, was unable to appear on other networks because of the noncompete clause in her average Fox News commentator contract.

Momniscient
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:09 AM

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting stacefaceninja:

that's fantastic. 

I take it you support Obama...control, control, control.

That doesn't even make sense.

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:33 AM
1 mom liked this

For those who accuse Palin of being a quitter..Barack Obama sent more than 30 lawyers to Alaska to dig up dirt to trash Palin. As soon as McCain chose her to be his VP, Chicago politics in action....

quote from pg 1>

While governor of Alaska, the left tried to drown Palin in lawsuits. Palin resigned to save her state from the cost and aggravation. The left's mantra was Palin is a quit-er and republicans/conservatives joined their chorus.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN