Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Sarah Palin Out At Fox News

Posted by   + Show Post

Sarah Palin Out At Fox News

The Huffington Post  |  By Posted:   |  Updated: 01/25/2013 5:19 pm EST

Sarah Palin has parted ways with Fox News, multiple outlets wrote on Friday.

Real Clear Politics was the first to report that Palin — who reportedly signed a $1 million-a-year contract with the network in 2010 — will not be renewing it. The New York Times' Brian Stelter later confirmed the news with Fox News.

A "source close to Palin" told RCP that she had turned down a new offer. Fox News merely told the New York Times in a statement that it wished her the best.

The news is not very surprising, but it does highlight, as much as anything, Palin's diminished relevance. Reports about the increasingly icy relationship between Palin and Fox News CEO Roger Ailes have been circulating for years. He has mocked her in public, and is said to have privately labeled her "stupid." Meanwhile, her public profile has waned as the years since her bid for the vice presidency grind on.

In August, New York magazine's Gabriel Sherman wrote that a new contract for Palin was a very iffy thing indeed. That report came the day after Palin publicly complained that the network had canceled some of her appearances.

By the time her contract ended, it had been since mid-December that Palin had appeared on Fox News at all.

Buh bye.

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Replies (31-40):
..MoonShine..
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Meh. I don't watch Fox. Don't watch Palin. Meh.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
..MoonShine..
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this
No. Those are ok because they're liberal and thus inherently vulgar anyways.

Quoting PamR:

Quoting mikiemom:

rofl at you blondie

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting mikiemom:

Never watched her, lost every ounce of respect I ever had for McCaine when his dumbass picked her as a running mate. She should have never been on the national stage, now if we can get rid of the other crazy ass republican with a vagina (Bachman) _ coulter doesn't count as her adams apple is bigger than my husbands.

And there are those on the nat'l stage from your party which have no business being there. Vulgar attacks toward women you may not like reveals your lack of character.

Do vulgar attacks on Michelle Obama or Hillary Clinton or Nancy Pelosi also reveal a lack of character on the part of conservatives?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LucyMom08
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:27 AM
I had no idea she was even still relevant...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtoscott
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:17 PM

I imagine Fox was glad not to renew the contract.  I for one won't miss her and hope she fades from the national scene soon.   

Friday
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Quoting LucyMom08:

I didn't think she ever was.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

PamR
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Friday:

Quoting LucyMom08:

Let's hope her children and their baby daddies go away, too.

Friday
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Quoting PamR:

Quoting Friday:

Quoting LucyMom08:

Let's hope her children and their baby daddies go away, too.

We should be so lucky. They sure have milked that 15 minutes.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

DSamuels
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:02 PM
Umm, she didn't quit. She decided not to renew her contract. There's a difference.

Quoting Momniscient:

Does she sort of just quit everything?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DSamuels
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:04 PM
So I guess you were against Obama quitting each state and federal term to run for the next higher office?

Quoting Momniscient:

She does have a record of quitting to pursue greener pastures.

lol.

Hope those speaking engagements work out as well as when she quit Alaska to be the VP.

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting SallyMJ:

And the problem with Palin choosing not to renew her contract for a 4th year, so she can have more speaking/commentating opportunities IS? 

I don't always agree with Palin, and I don't love her speaking voice, but she is passionate and articulate about individual freedom and small, efficient government.  She is very much in demand for libertarians and conservatives - however, was unable to appear on other networks because of the noncompete clause in her average Fox News commentator contract.

Fox offered the contract renewal, Palin decided to turn it down. She wants to have the freedom to speak in more settings - to be, in a sense, a freelance consultant - her own boss - rather than an employee. That sounds like an issue of individual freedom to me.

Which, last I checked, was one of the main goals of the Constitution.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PamR
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Quoting DSamuels:

So I guess you were against Obama quitting each state and federal term to run for the next higher office?

Quoting Momniscient:

She does have a record of quitting to pursue greener pastures.

lol.

Hope those speaking engagements work out as well as when she quit Alaska to be the VP.

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting SallyMJ:

And the problem with Palin choosing not to renew her contract for a 4th year, so she can have more speaking/commentating opportunities IS? 

I don't always agree with Palin, and I don't love her speaking voice, but she is passionate and articulate about individual freedom and small, efficient government.  She is very much in demand for libertarians and conservatives - however, was unable to appear on other networks because of the noncompete clause in her average Fox News commentator contract.

Fox offered the contract renewal, Palin decided to turn it down. She wants to have the freedom to speak in more settings - to be, in a sense, a freelance consultant - her own boss - rather than an employee. That sounds like an issue of individual freedom to me.

Which, last I checked, was one of the main goals of the Constitution.

Not exactly the same thing, is it?  Obama, like a lot of politicians, quit to run for another office.  Palin quit because there were bigger dollars in being on Fox and writing books, doncha' know. 

In fact, it's not clear if she didn't renew her contract or Fox didn't seek to renew her contract.  Either way, the world is a better place tonight.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)