Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sarah Palin Out At Fox News

Posted by   + Show Post

The Huffington Post  |  By Posted:   |  Updated: 01/25/2013 5:19 pm EST

Sarah Palin has parted ways with Fox News, multiple outlets wrote on Friday.

Real Clear Politics was the first to report that Palin — who reportedly signed a $1 million-a-year contract with the network in 2010 — will not be renewing it. The New York Times' Brian Stelter later confirmed the news with Fox News.

A "source close to Palin" told RCP that she had turned down a new offer. Fox News merely told the New York Times in a statement that it wished her the best.

The news is not very surprising, but it does highlight, as much as anything, Palin's diminished relevance. Reports about the increasingly icy relationship between Palin and Fox News CEO Roger Ailes have been circulating for years. He has mocked her in public, and is said to have privately labeled her "stupid." Meanwhile, her public profile has waned as the years since her bid for the vice presidency grind on.

In August, New York magazine's Gabriel Sherman wrote that a new contract for Palin was a very iffy thing indeed. That report came the day after Palin publicly complained that the network had canceled some of her appearances.

By the time her contract ended, it had been since mid-December that Palin had appeared on Fox News at all.

Buh bye.

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Replies (51-57):
jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:39 PM

No I think it's a pretty widely accepted idea that he blew it.  He had a fighting chance until he chose Palin.  I don't like everything about McCain either.  I think he can be a hotheaded bully.  However, his absolute dedication to our country and political process is undeniable.  He isn't afraid to vear off the party course for something he feels strongly about, and I liked that.

The only reason you voted for McCain was that he chose an uneducated woman with little to no real policy experience to be a heartbeat away from a sometimes frail 79 year old US President? 

Why, cause she's pretty and bleated out conservative platitudes?

Sorry but in my opinion, she was just a disaster, and I don't say it lightly because I really do think she tried and put her heart in to it.

Trying to explain her to non-American family members was damned embarrassing.  It was like somebody was playing a joke on the rest of the world.

Quoting DSamuels:

IYO he blew it. IMO that was the only reason I voted for him. I have never liked McCain, still don't.

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Who hates conservative women?  I don't.  I have many conservative friends, including my bestie.  Love her.

I don't hate Palin, either.  I don't even know her.  She's a gorgeous woman in great shape and seems like a dedicated momma.

However, I don't think much of her intellect and she has no gravitas.  I've read a lot that indicates that she's not always a very nice person, either.  And she WINKED at the camera during her debate with Biden.  I mean really, winks?  I know that seems a minor thing but I'll never forget it.  My fiance and I just turned to each other mouths agap and had to rewind it.  I still can't believe McCain picked her.  He really blew it.

Anyway, I'm sure she'll do just fine. 

Quoting DSamuels:

In your opinion.

I just don't understand the pure, unadulterated hatred towards conservative women.

Quoting PamR:

Quoting DSamuels:

So I guess you were against Obama quitting each state and federal term to run for the next higher office?

Quoting Momniscient:

She does have a record of quitting to pursue greener pastures.

lol.

Hope those speaking engagements work out as well as when she quit Alaska to be the VP.

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting SallyMJ:

And the problem with Palin choosing not to renew her contract for a 4th year, so she can have more speaking/commentating opportunities IS? 

I don't always agree with Palin, and I don't love her speaking voice, but she is passionate and articulate about individual freedom and small, efficient government.  She is very much in demand for libertarians and conservatives - however, was unable to appear on other networks because of the noncompete clause in her average Fox News commentator contract.

Fox offered the contract renewal, Palin decided to turn it down. She wants to have the freedom to speak in more settings - to be, in a sense, a freelance consultant - her own boss - rather than an employee. That sounds like an issue of individual freedom to me.

Which, last I checked, was one of the main goals of the Constitution.

Not exactly the same thing, is it?  Obama, like a lot of politicians, quit to run for another office.  Palin quit because there were bigger dollars in being on Fox and writing books, doncha' know. 

In fact, it's not clear if she didn't renew her contract or Fox didn't seek to renew her contract.  Either way, the world is a better place tonight.

Momniscient
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Sigh.

Quoting DSamuels:

Two thirds of the way through. His senate seat was up 2010. Senators are elected every 6 years and he was elected in 2004. Hmm, since he was running for president in 2007, I wonder how much time he devoted to his senate duties?

Quoting Momniscient:

Did Obama quit halfway through an elected term?

Quoting PamR:

Quoting DSamuels:

So I guess you were against Obama quitting each state and federal term to run for the next higher office?

Quoting Momniscient:

lol.

Hope those speaking engagements work out as well as when she quit Alaska to be the VP.

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting SallyMJ:

And the problem with Palin choosing not to renew her contract for a 4th year, so she can have more speaking/commentating opportunities IS? 

I don't always agree with Palin, and I don't love her speaking voice, but she is passionate and articulate about individual freedom and small, efficient government.  She is very much in demand for libertarians and conservatives - however, was unable to appear on other networks because of the noncompete clause in her average Fox News commentator contract.

Fox offered the contract renewal, Palin decided to turn it down. She wants to have the freedom to speak in more settings - to be, in a sense, a freelance consultant - her own boss - rather than an employee. That sounds like an issue of individual freedom to me.

Not exactly the same thing, is it?  Obama, like a lot of politicians, quit to run for another office.  Palin quit because there were bigger dollars in being on Fox and writing books, doncha' know. 

In fact, it's not clear if she didn't renew her contract or Fox didn't seek to renew her contract.  Either way, the world is a better place tonight.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Momniscient
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:56 PM
She was a disaster and unfortunately for conservatives in general she heralded in an epoch of tea party ism that will take the Conservative party a long time to recover from.

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

No I think it's a pretty widely accepted idea that he blew it.  He had a fighting chance until he chose Palin.  I don't like everything about McCain either.  I think he can be a hotheaded bully.  However, his absolute dedication to our country and political process is undeniable.  He isn't afraid to vear off the party course for something he feels strongly about, and I liked that.

The only reason you voted for McCain was that he chose an uneducated woman with little to no real policy experience to be a heartbeat away from a sometimes frail 79 year old US President? 

Why, cause she's pretty and bleated out conservative platitudes?

Sorry but in my opinion, she was just a disaster, and I don't say it lightly because I really do think she tried and put her heart in to it.

Trying to explain her to non-American family members was damned embarrassing.  It was like somebody was playing a joke on the rest of the world.

Quoting DSamuels:

IYO he blew it. IMO that was the only reason I voted for him. I have never liked McCain, still don't.

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Who hates conservative women?  I don't.  I have many conservative friends, including my bestie.  Love her.

I don't hate Palin, either.  I don't even know her.  She's a gorgeous woman in great shape and seems like a dedicated momma.

However, I don't think much of her intellect and she has no gravitas.  I've read a lot that indicates that she's not always a very nice person, either.  And she WINKED at the camera during her debate with Biden.  I mean really, winks?  I know that seems a minor thing but I'll never forget it.  My fiance and I just turned to each other mouths agap and had to rewind it.  I still can't believe McCain picked her.  He really blew it.

Anyway, I'm sure she'll do just fine. 

Quoting DSamuels:

In your opinion.

I just don't understand the pure, unadulterated hatred towards conservative women.

Quoting PamR:

Quoting DSamuels:

Quoting Momniscient:

lol.

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting SallyMJ:

-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Who?
sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:44 PM

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this

In actual reality he blew it

but the Obama's say thank you

Quoting DSamuels:

nrslise
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Quoting PamR:

The Huffington Post  |  By Posted:   |  Updated: 01/25/2013 5:19 pm EST

Sarah Palin has parted ways with Fox News, multiple outlets wrote on Friday.

Real Clear Politics was the first to report that Palin — who reportedly signed a $1 million-a-year contract with the network in 2010 — will not be renewing it. The New York Times' Brian Stelter later confirmed the news with Fox News.

A "source close to Palin" told RCP that she had turned down a new offer. Fox News merely told the New York Times in a statement that it wished her the best.

The news is not very surprising, but it does highlight, as much as anything, Palin's diminished relevance. Reports about the increasingly icy relationship between Palin and Fox News CEO Roger Ailes have been circulating for years. He has mocked her in public, and is said to have privately labeled her "stupid." Meanwhile, her public profile has waned as the years since her bid for the vice presidency grind on.

In August, New York magazine's Gabriel Sherman wrote that a new contract for Palin was a very iffy thing indeed. That report came the day after Palin publicly complained that the network had canceled some of her appearances.

By the time her contract ended, it had been since mid-December that Palin had appeared on Fox News at all.

Buh bye.

Articulate????????? Wow! Were you really listening when she was speaking? Because it was embarassing. Dum da dum dum DUM!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)