Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

How to Stop MASS SHOOTINGS

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:05 AM
  • 42 Replies
1 mom liked this

One of the most articulate (and easy on the eyes) speakers about gun control I've ever heard.

Thoughts, ladies?

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:10 AM

Great spokesperson for the 2nd Amendment. Logical, articulate, charismatic.

He has a number of videos on Youtube - Check them out.

Even some reviews on AMC's "The Walking Dead". Go Daryl!  :)

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:07 AM

He did mention the "gun free zone". 

And you are correct - The "accidental" choice of the only movie theater in that area of Colorado shows the shooter knew exactly what that phrase meant.

Quoting The-Raven:

Great video.  One I didn't hear him mention, that I wish he would have included, is that with the exception of the Gabby Giffords shooting, every single mass murder by gun in the US over the past 65 years happened in a "gun-free zone." 

Gun-free zones are "ground-zero" for these mass murder attempts.  And the shooter at the Colorado theater proves it.

The night of that shooting the killer had seven theaters to choose from, all within a 20-minute drive of his home, that were all showing the same movie.  Of those theaters some were even larger (more targets) than the theater he choose.  But he drove  by the other six theaters to attack the ONLY ONE of the seven that was a designated "gun-free" zone.

Erinelizz
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with pretty much everything he said, because I really don't support gun bans (I don't think most people do). But does he realize that there have been armed guards at some of these mass shootings and they were not able to stop these massacres? I'm not saying we shouldn't have guards...even Obama asked Congress for increased funding for school security...but that isn't going to stop all the shootings. We need to have guards, and smart gun control, and mental health care, and increased police, and work on socioeconomic factors that lead to crime, and stop glorifying the killers....I could go on. The point is, nothing should be excluded. We need to take many steps and not ignore anything that might help.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Raintree
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Why do people always call black men 'articulate'?

I never see this applied to a white person speaking. Ever.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:23 AM

I really don't think this guy is saying these multi-prong approaches shouldn't be followed.

It's hard to remember to say everything. Especially when you are speaking off the top of your head on a video.

Quoting Erinelizz:

I agree with pretty much everything he said, because I really don't support gun bans (I don't think most people do). But does he realize that there have been armed guards at some of these mass shootings and they were not able to stop these massacres? I'm not saying we shouldn't have guards...even Obama asked Congress for increased funding for school security...but that isn't going to stop all the shootings. We need to have guards, and smart gun control, and mental health care, and increased police, and work on socioeconomic factors that lead to crime, and stop glorifying the killers....I could go on. The point is, nothing should be excluded. We need to take many steps and not ignore anything that might help.

LAHnTAH0812
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:27 AM
LOL, "articulate" is not a word i frequently hear in regards to black men. Maybe you live in an area full of well-spoken, educated black folks? There are worse things in life!

Quoting Raintree:

Erinelizz
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:31 AM
I got the impression that he might support all of these measures I listed: except gun control measures.

Quoting SallyMJ:

I really don't think this guy is saying these multi-prong approaches shouldn't be followed.

It's hard to remember to say everything. Especially when you are speaking off the top of your head on a video.

Quoting Erinelizz:

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:36 AM
2 moms liked this

Why don't you just say you disagree with this guy's points? Instead of implying that I am a racist for calling him articulate?

"Articulate" is a great word. It means "expressing oneself readily, clearly or effectively".

It is a compliment.

And applicable to many people regardless of ethnicity, religion, gender, economic status, age, education level, politics, and sexual orientation.

This guy happens to be a law student. Who often tend to be articulate.

So it's racist for me to say this guy is articulate, when he is?

That is a racist statement - or just plain ignorant.

You really need to get out more and read more, if you want to see and hear the word "articulate" more.

And try actually watching the video and hearing what this guy has to say. Could save your life.

Quoting Raintree:

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this

They are all gun control measures, silly!  :)

Quoting Erinelizz:

I got the impression that he might support all of these measures I listed: except gun control measures.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting Erinelizz:

Erinelizz
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:48 AM
No, not really. Armed guards at schools do not help keep guns out of the hands of felons. Mental health care does not help us trace the origins of an illegally owned gun. An increased police presence does not make us take a course to improve our ability to safely own and store a gun. These are gun control measures, and they must be given their own attention.

Quoting SallyMJ:

They are all gun control measures, silly!  :)

Quoting Erinelizz:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting Erinelizz:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN