Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

A message from Ruger

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:01 PM
  • 63 Replies
5 moms liked this

Gun rights are under attack!

At Ruger, our motto is "Arms Makers for Responsible Citizens." It is not just a slogan; it is genuine recognition that millions of law-abiding citizens use our firearms safely and responsibly every day. We are mechanics, doctors, teachers, police officers, firemen, nurses, factory workers, and every other occupation you can name. We are a vast and too-often silent majority... and our rights are under attack.

This is what I see when I log into my Ellett Brothers site.

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:14 PM
3 moms liked this

Amen!

mikiemom
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this

stir up the fear hate and anger for sales. Go get em - hope you can live with the karma you are reaping.

29again
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:01 PM
3 moms liked this

They are quite right, too. 

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this

0% of your rights are under attack

it's a marketing ploy to get you to buy more guns

Some people are so gullible

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Some people are too stupid to recognize they are marks

This is a FREE marketing campaign, they are making $$$ through fear/paranoia

0 of their rights are under attack

Quoting mikiemom:

stir up the fear hate and anger for sales. Go get em - hope you can live with the karma you are reaping.

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:36 PM
2 moms liked this

You could, but that would mean being honest...

Remember the Bush Jr. years, @[108038612554992:274:Americans Against the Tea Party]? 
Found on the @[240984512605919:274:Teanderthal Party] FB page.

Quoting The-Raven:

Quoting mikiemom:

There's not a word they wrote that's at all inaccurate. 

The vast majority of gun owners are responsible, law-abiding people.  I wish I could make the same generalization about Liberals. 

Farmlady09
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:06 PM
7 moms liked this

You want to treat law abiding citizens like sex offenders and make them pay for criminals and crazies who will keep right on with their criminal and crazy activity and bring up honesty? How's this for honest?

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Remember the Bush Jr. years, @[108038612554992:274:Americans Against the Tea Party]? 

Quoting The-Raven:

Quoting mikiemom:

The vast majority of gun owners are responsible, law-abiding people.  I wish I could make the same generalization about Liberals. 

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:11 PM
I have to pass a test and keep renewing my license to drive, that isn't treating me like a criminal

If I have a physical disability that prevents me from safely operating said vehicle I cannot legally obtain a license. Same would go for the mentally ill with guns

Your gun rights are aleady restricted, you can no longer own a fully automatic machine gun...or a rocket launcher which is also classified as "arms"

You are mistaken in your analogy

A sex offender has to register where they would live ...in most places, that's already required ...so what's this again?

Quoting Farmlady09:

You want to treat law abiding citizens like sex offenders and make them pay for criminals and crazies who will keep right on with their criminal and crazy activity and bring up honesty? How's this for honest?

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting The-Raven:

Quoting mikiemom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:12 PM
More insults because you can't win ok merit

Same script, different cast

Quoting The-Raven:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting The-Raven:

Quoting mikiemom:

Obviously, you're as ridiculously ignorant about the demographics of crime as you are every subject I've seen you comment on.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Farmlady09
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:49 PM
6 moms liked this

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

I have to pass a test and keep renewing my license to drive, that isn't treating me like a criminal

That doesn't stop you from buying a race car, a sports car, adding fancy rims, a new paint job, or a spoiler.

If I have a physical disability that prevents me from safely operating said vehicle I cannot legally obtain a license. Same would go for the mentally ill with guns

I'd rather focus on the mental disabilities ~ because most people with physical difficulties can both drive AND fire a gun safely.

Your gun rights are aleady restricted, you can no longer own a fully automatic machine gun...or a rocket launcher which is also classified as "arms"

You can own a fully automatic weapon if you pay the fee and can afford one (most cost well over 30 grand and have been grandfathered in).

You are mistaken in your analogy

A sex offender has to register where they would live ...in most places, that's already required ...so what's this again?

A sex offender has committed a crime. A law abiding gun owner has NOT. I'm not sadly mistaken, I'm outraged that anyone is willing to put more restrictions on law abiding citizens than on sex offenders (and to add insult to injury higher costs) ~ while at the same time stripping them of Constitutional rights. I don't register my first amendment rights, and I'll be damned if I'll register my second amendment rights. You make a lot of noise about vilifying people based on what others have done ~ how about you get your butt down to the nearest police station, get your mug shot taken, be finger printed, and entered into a nice database in case you ever do something wrong. Have everyone do so (heck, get a dna sample while you're at it) and make them carry a paper stating they are on file ~ and make them pay for all of it while you're at it. People taking drugs that carry warnings about suicide should pay more (and absolutely get every school aged child in that data base so that their meds and mental health issues are known and can be watched).

Wait! Wow! You're right ~ except you didn't expound enough on the idea. Let's just get everyone registered (maybe microchipped!! Woot!), and then we can all sit around and sing songs together and rainbows will fill the sky. Not. Take another look at that pic in the post you quoted. I stand by that ~ come and get them!

Quoting Farmlady09:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting The-Raven:

Quoting mikiemom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)