Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Democrats: You sure about that?

Posted by   + Show Post

December 7th, 2012 

Steven Crowder interviews some random people on the fiscal cliff, asking what they think it is and what they think should happen. But they’re surprised to learn that they aren’t as much a Democrat as they think.

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Replies (21-27):
143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Quoting deepthinker:

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting deepthinker:

Quoting 143myboys9496:

An agenda? How about that maybe people that THINK they're dem are really GOP in their thinking?

That's what I got out of it. That a disturbing percentage of voters are uneducated, about who they're voting for and what they stand for.

Quoting deepthinker:

This is really ignorant, LOL.

First off, if you are asking people what the fiscal cliff is, and they have no knowledge of what it's about then how exactly can you keep asking questions about it.  It make no sense to continue to ask people who have no idea about political issues to give informed answers.

Secondly, This video comprised of maybe about 6 or 7 people, which isn't an accurate depiction of what democrats as a whole think.  It's made to promote a certain agenda, because let's be real here. These can't possibly be the only people he encountered when asking these questions.  I'm sure not everyone he asked were even democrats.  I'm sure he ran across republican and democrats who were knowledgeable about politics.  Where are they?  This video has not point.

Third, in actuality most democrats are fiscally conservative. But where republican and democrats usually butt heads are on social issues.

Like I said, I broke down the impression the video tried to give.  Democrat and republican is not solely based on the financial view, but largely differ when it comes to social issues, because honestly a good number of democrats are FISCALLY conservative.  So just because you may agree on some points financially it doesn't mean that you are a republican.  I also brought to attention that NO republicans appeared in this video and no democrats appeared who thought otherwise.  So yes, it is feeding an agenda, because if you are randomly stopping people on the street I doubt very highly they will all adhere to the same political party or political views.  These people were chosen to appear in the video, BECAUSE of their lack of knowledge.  Are there republicans out here who lack knowledge? yes.  Are their democrats out here who think differently then these people? Yes.  You can't look at a video represented by less then 10 people, and make an analysis on an entire political party, their education or lack of.

I miss them....

They haven't gone anywhere.

They're hiding then...

paperorplastic
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Here's the scary part.  These people are actually out voting.  Explains a few things.  

MsDenuninani
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:29 PM
3 moms liked this

I had a back-and-forth here at CM where someone defined conservative as only supporting necessary, not wasteful, spending.

Since I am a Democrat, I was a bit confused, because I also only support necessary, not wasteful, spending.  Thus, I suppose I am a fiscal conservative.

Which leads me to your point -- there are a lot of us out there -- I'm one.  I think the difference is that a lot of what the modern-day Republican feels is "wasteful" (i.e. unemployment assistance, tax breaks for the poor, preschool education funding, Hurricane Sandy clean-up, etc. ) is, to me, quite necessary and not wasteful at all.

Ultimately, every Democrat I know is for government efficiency -- a government that runs in service of the people, in the most efficient manner possible. 

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting deepthinker:

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Quoting deepthinker:

Quoting 143myboys9496:

An agenda? How about that maybe people that THINK they're dem are really GOP in their thinking?

That's what I got out of it. That a disturbing percentage of voters are uneducated, about who they're voting for and what they stand for.

Quoting deepthinker:

This is really ignorant, LOL.

First off, if you are asking people what the fiscal cliff is, and they have no knowledge of what it's about then how exactly can you keep asking questions about it.  It make no sense to continue to ask people who have no idea about political issues to give informed answers.

Secondly, This video comprised of maybe about 6 or 7 people, which isn't an accurate depiction of what democrats as a whole think.  It's made to promote a certain agenda, because let's be real here. These can't possibly be the only people he encountered when asking these questions.  I'm sure not everyone he asked were even democrats.  I'm sure he ran across republican and democrats who were knowledgeable about politics.  Where are they?  This video has not point.

Third, in actuality most democrats are fiscally conservative. But where republican and democrats usually butt heads are on social issues.

Like I said, I broke down the impression the video tried to give.  Democrat and republican is not solely based on the financial view, but largely differ when it comes to social issues, because honestly a good number of democrats are FISCALLY conservative.  So just because you may agree on some points financially it doesn't mean that you are a republican.  I also brought to attention that NO republicans appeared in this video and no democrats appeared who thought otherwise.  So yes, it is feeding an agenda, because if you are randomly stopping people on the street I doubt very highly they will all adhere to the same political party or political views.  These people were chosen to appear in the video, BECAUSE of their lack of knowledge.  Are there republicans out here who lack knowledge? yes.  Are their democrats out here who think differently then these people? Yes.  You can't look at a video represented by less then 10 people, and make an analysis on an entire political party, their education or lack of.

I miss them....

They haven't gone anywhere.

They're hiding then...

PamR
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:53 PM
3 moms liked this

I think most people are probably more complex in their political beliefs than to just agree with absolutely everything their party is for.  I am a Democrat, socially liberal, but fiscally pretty conservative.  I don't agree with everything the Democratic party does, but I am a lot more on their team overall than the GOP.

Pema_Jampa
by 2HotTacoTini on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:43 PM

sidesplittinglaughter

Clairwil
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting SallyMJ:

Steven Crowder interviews some random people on the fiscal cliff, asking what they think it is and what they think should happen. But they’re surprised to learn that they aren’t as much a Democrat as they think.

No.

Steven Crowder interviews a vast number of people, then only shows on film the select few who are saying what he wants to portray all Democrats as saying.

You can use precisely the same TV technique to 'show' that all Republicans believe that the moon is made from green cheese.

jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:31 AM

...or that all Tea Partiers think that Obama invented the Czars and that they have real power...

...or that all Democrats thinking they are getting a FREE OBAMA PHONE!...

Sorry, OP.  I don't watch that shit for the exact reason Clairwill gave below.  It's not honest until he shows us ALL the interviews, and then tells us where he went to get them, what his methology was in determining who to approach, who declined to be questioned, etc.

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting SallyMJ:

No.

Steven Crowder interviews a vast number of people, then only shows on film the select few who are saying what he wants to portray all Democrats as saying.

You can use precisely the same TV technique to 'show' that all Republicans believe that the moon is made from green cheese.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN