Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Sarah Palin Dumped From Fox & It's Clear Her 15 Minutes Are Up - Do you think it's the last of Palin?

Posted by   + Show Post

Sarah Palin Dumped From Fox & It's Clear Her 15 Minutes Are Up

Posted by Sasha Brown-Worsham on January 28, 2013

Sarah Palin dumped from FoxThere was once a time where Sarah Palin was the queen of the news. Any story written about her went viral and any TV show featuring her was a success. But a series of gaffes, embarrassing blunders, and general media whore-ness caused her to fall from grace. Fastest. Perhaps the fastest of anyone in media history.

The latest news -- that Palin has been dropped from Fox News where she was a commentator -- isn't a surprise, but it does kind of represent the true end of the Palin era. She rose to stardom as a Vice Presidential candidate and she leaves it as a laughing stock. A rich one. But a laughing stock all the same.

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO

So what happened? Palin happened. She is her own worst enemy.

First, her knowledge of policy, history, and general current events was shaky at best. She spent most of her time jabbing at President Obama and the media and chatting about things that only affect her. That folksy Alaska love actually turned out to be selfish narcissism with a healthy dose of over-confidence.

Bottom line: She just isn't that smart. She is business savvy and used her brand to do a whole lot, so kudos to her. But as a commentator or person we would look to as insightful, smart, or witty? Well, no. Sorry Sarah.

Just four years ago, Palin was on top. She was the author of a book that was a monster best-seller and starred in a TLC reality series about Alaska. Even her daughters were getting famous, Bristol Palin, especially. Bristol had her own reality show as well as a stint on Dancing With the Stars.

But it was after the Gabby Giffords shooting, when some commentators linked Palin to the tragedy, when she truly fell from grace. She accused those commentators of "blood libel" in an ill-advised statement where she looked both ignorant of history and selfish in the face of a tragedy.

It ended her. She lost so many fans.

In many ways, Palin IS a cautionary tale. She is wealthy, sure. But she is also an amusing anecdote, a national punchline. Personally, I wouldn't take millions of dollars over my dignity. But then, I am not Sarah Palin.

Do you think she will have a comeback?

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Replies (11-11):
Pema_Jampa
by 2HotTacoTini on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Sarah reminds me of some gals on CM. Winning~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN