Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not “Racist” To Disagree With Obama

Posted by   + Show Post

Angie Harmon

Actress Angie Harmon has caused liberals to whine by standing up her politically-correct peers in Hollywood and declaring that it is not “racist” to disagree with the policies of Barack Obama.

“Here’s my problem with this, I’m just going to come out and say it,” Harmon told reporters at a recent event. “If I have anything to say against Obama it’s not because I’m a racist, it’s because I don’t like what he’s doing as President and anybody should be able to feel that way, but what I find now is that if you say anything against him you’re called a racist.”

“But it has nothing to do with it, I don’t care what color he is. I’m just not crazy about what he’s doing and I heard all about this, and he’s gonna do that and change and change, so okay … I’m still dressing for a recession over here buddy and we’ve got unemployment at an all-time high and that was his number one thing and that’s the thing I really don’t appreciate. If I’m going to disagree with my President, that doesn’t make me a racist. If I was to disagree with Bush or Clinton, that doesn’t make me racist. It has nothing to do with it, it is ridiculous.”

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Replies (61-70):
mikiemom
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:29 AM

I think mr. billiejeans and the ops bil are racist.

Quoting Billiejeens:

So you don't think it's crazy talk?

Quoting mikiemom:

But Mr. Billiejeens would not call himself a racist but he is.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Has your BIL seen him in his mom jeans or on his girl bike?

Plow the fields is simply crazy talk.

Quoting Erinelizz:

Is it okay for me to call my BIL a racist when he says "I'm not listening to a thing that n****r says, he should be plowing my fields."?????

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:32 AM

It wasn't the OP's Bil - you critical thinker, you.

Quoting mikiemom:

I think mr. billiejeans and the ops bil are racist.

Quoting Billiejeens:

So you don't think it's crazy talk?

Quoting mikiemom:

But Mr. Billiejeens would not call himself a racist but he is.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting Erinelizz:

Is it okay for me to call my BIL a racist when he says "I'm not listening to a thing that n****r says, he should be plowing my fields."?????

Erinelizz
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:48 AM
It is crazy talk. My BIL doesn't even have any fields.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting Erinelizz:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:53 AM

There ya go.

Quoting Erinelizz:

It is crazy talk. My BIL doesn't even have any fields.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting Erinelizz:

Erinelizz
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Unfortunately it's not surprising to hear my brother in law talk like this. He teaches his own son swear words because he thinks it's funny. There's a crazy one in every family, right?!?!

Quoting JustCJ:

What your (bil) said is detestable. I hope you told him so. THAT is racism , sorry your children had to hear that shit.

Quoting Erinelizz:

Sorry for the confusion.

And no, I definitely don't think that disagreeing with the president's policies makes someone a racist. I know what my brother in law said was clearly racist, and very different from what the writer of the article was talking about. I just had to get it off my chest; It's been bugging me for a while! It's sad to know racism still exists, especially that close to home.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Yes, absolutely. He said racist things. (Sorry, didn't know what BIL was. I have a brother named Bill.) :)

Very different from disagreeing with Obama's ideas - who are most of the people this "racist" epithet is being falsely hurled at.

I believe  with you in calling a racist a racist. Just not people who are not.

Quoting Erinelizz:

My brother in law (BIL) said those words, referring to Obama, at the Thanksgiving dinner table in front of my kids. Does that count as being racist?

Quoting SallyMJ:

Huh?

Quoting Erinelizz:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JustCJ
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this

he sounds like a real prize

Quoting Erinelizz:

Unfortunately it's not surprising to hear my brother in law talk like this. He teaches his own son swear words because he thinks it's funny. There's a crazy one in every family, right?!?!

Quoting JustCJ:

What your (bil) said is detestable. I hope you told him so. THAT is racism , sorry your children had to hear that shit.

Quoting Erinelizz:

Sorry for the confusion.

And no, I definitely don't think that disagreeing with the president's policies makes someone a racist. I know what my brother in law said was clearly racist, and very different from what the writer of the article was talking about. I just had to get it off my chest; It's been bugging me for a while! It's sad to know racism still exists, especially that close to home.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Yes, absolutely. He said racist things. (Sorry, didn't know what BIL was. I have a brother named Bill.) :)

Very different from disagreeing with Obama's ideas - who are most of the people this "racist" epithet is being falsely hurled at.

I believe  with you in calling a racist a racist. Just not people who are not.

Quoting Erinelizz:

My brother in law (BIL) said those words, referring to Obama, at the Thanksgiving dinner table in front of my kids. Does that count as being racist?

Quoting SallyMJ:

Huh?

Quoting Erinelizz:

MsDenuninani
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this

That the information Obama provided when he ran for President was not "enough" -- that's the part that was racist.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Negative.

Obama was very slow on providing his birth certificate to the American people. I think 2011? He purportrated his own rumors.

McCain's citizenship was also questioned, because he was born in Panama. He provided information to clear that up, being the son of American diplomats.

And Obama admitted to being raised Muslim.

None of those are racist.

You are the only person I've heard mention anything about being a "secret terrorist", so that's your own issue.

Quoting PamR:

Of course you can disagree with him and not be a racist.

It's when you question whether or not he's an American citizen/secret Muslim/terrorist in disguise, that you might have formed these opinions based on racism.

PamR
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:59 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting MsDenuninani:

That the information Obama provided when he ran for President was not "enough" -- that's the part that was racist.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Negative.

Obama was very slow on providing his birth certificate to the American people. I think 2011? He purportrated his own rumors.

McCain's citizenship was also questioned, because he was born in Panama. He provided information to clear that up, being the son of American diplomats.

You are the only person I've heard mention anything about being a "secret terrorist", so that's your own issue.

Quoting PamR:

It's when you question whether or not he's an American citizen/secret Muslim/terrorist in disguise, that you might have formed these opinions based on racism.

Obama was not slow to produce a birth certificate; in fact, the state of Hawaii produced it pretty quickly.  As far as McCain's citizenship being questioned - no - that was more of a rhetorical response to the whole stupid birther movement.

The president lived in a Muslim country when he was a child and attended a Muslim school.  So what?  

Show me a non-brown president whose citizenship and religious beliefs have been questioned before.

Haven't you birthers made big enough fools of yourselves yet?

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:11 PM

It was Hilliary's camp that questioned it, is she a racist?

Quoting MsDenuninani:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Negative.

Quoting PamR:

LIMom1105
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Exactly. Every white President or Presidential hopeful produced (at most) a standard birth certificate. This is what John McCain used, though did he have it posted on his campaign site for the world to see? He may have, I really don't remember, but I know Obama's was posted.  But it's not enough. As far as the birthers are concerned, it's never enough.

Quoting PamR:

Quoting MsDenuninani:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Negative.

Quoting PamR:

Obama was not slow to produce a birth certificate; in fact, the state of Hawaii produced it pretty quickly.  As far as McCain's citizenship being questioned - no - that was more of a rhetorical response to the whole stupid birther movement.

The president lived in a Muslim country when he was a child and attended a Muslim school.  So what?  

Show me a non-brown president whose citizenship and religious beliefs have been questioned before.

Haven't you birthers made big enough fools of yourselves yet?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)