Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

CNN Journalist Erin Burnett Does Her Job, Calls Obama Out on ‘Skeet-Shooting'

Posted by   + Show Post

Newsflash: CNN Journalist Erin Burnett Does Her Job, Calls Obama Out on ‘Skeet-Shooting'

KYLE BECKER JANUARY 29, 2013 12:38 PM

Jonathan Seidl of The Blaze made an amusing comment about such skeet-shooting conspiracy 

Ahh journalism. It may not be the most important bone of contention, but the president recently implied he is a ‘skeet shooter.' It is well-known that he is not a big fan of Camp David and is a rather avid golfer. Not to mention that it is difficult imagining the president shooting a rifle, say, more accurately than he bowls or throws a baseball. So one wonders if the president was merely shooting off his mouth.

President Obama's bizarre claim occasioned a feisty retort from Erin Burnett of CNN. During a segment that aired on the network Monday night, Burnett questioned the president's skeet-shooting claim, which she found dubious.

"Obama the skeet shooter," she said. "Yeah, I'm not making this up. I mean, if someone is, it isn't me."

She played a clip of CNN's Jessica Yellin asking Press Secretary Jay Carney to produce a picture of the president shooting clay pigeons. Of course, the picture has not been photoshopped - yet.

Jonathan Seidl of The Blaze made an amusing comment about such skeet-shooting conspiracy theorists:

If there are truthers and birthers, should there now be a new term for those who are doubting President Obama's claim that he goes skeet shooting "all the time"? And should that term be "skeeters"? If so, count CNN's rising young star Erin Burnett among the gadflies.

This is not the first-time the CNBC defector has launched into the president. On a more important issue, Burnett took the president to task for his warmed-over jobs plan, which was unveiled weeks before the November election.

CNN has its ups and downs, but on most issues it's not as slyly partisan as the broadcast networks. It is without a doubt a more critical source than the virtual laughing stock of cable news - MSNBC.

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:27 AM
Replies (21-21):
gsprofval
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:43 PM

"..but oftentimes guests of mine go up there."

So "maybe" guests go skeet shooting, but no where does it say bho goes skeet shooting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)