Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

No Assault Rifle Used at Sandy Hook Tragedy ETA: OP Retracted

Posted by   + Show Post

According to the state police, the NBC footage was incorrect:

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/newtownshooting/article/State-Police-All-26-Newtown-victims-shot-with-4222073.php

"

State Police: All 26 Newtown victims shot with assault rifle

Neil Vigdor
Published 10:06 pm, Thursday, January 24, 2013
  • State Police Lt. J Paul Vance speaks at a press conference in Newtown, Conn., following the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School Dec. 14, 2012. Photo: Ned Gerard / Connecticut Post
    State Police Lt. J Paul Vance speaks at a press conference in Newtown, Conn., following the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School Dec. 14, 2012. Photo: Ned Gerard | Buy This Photo
    State Police Lt. J Paul Vance speaks at a press conference in...

Lt. J. Paul Vance, the face of an ongoing Connecticut State Police investigation into the worst grade-school shooting in U.S. history, Thursday debunked media and Internet reports that Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza killed his victims with handguns and not the Bushmaster XM-15 E2S rifle that is now the focus of a proposed federal assault-weapons ban.

All 26 of Lanza's victims were shot with the .223-caliber semi-automatic rifle, said Vance, who bristled at claims to the contrary during an interview with Hearst Connecticut Newspapers.

Read more: http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/newtownshooting/article/State-Police-All-26-Newtown-victims-shot-with-4222073.php#ixzz2JUj72DHO

Apparently my OP is wrong, and I sincerely apologize.

I am posting this video because it has footage on NBC admitting that only hand guns were used in the shooting, it has more commentary after that clip.

The shooter, Adam Lanza, tried to obtain an assault rifle from a gun store on December 11th but was prevented due to the waiting period required by the state of Connecticut.  He did have an AR-15 in the trunk of his mother's car, but did not take it into the school.

This has probably been gone over before, but I thought it deserved its own post.

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Replies (121-130):
Carpy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:57 PM
That doesn't sink in with her.

Quoting Meadowchik:

The AR15 is still legal in Connecticut, and was at the time of the shooting:

"Bushmaster's version of the AR-15, a civilian firearm modeled after the military M-16 rifle, has a grim history, with links to the D.C.-area sniper shootings. But under Connecticut's firearms laws, considered strong by national standards, the lethal weapon that Lanza employed was perfectly legal to own.

By law, it's not even an assault weapon."

http://articles.courant.com/2012-12-18/news/hc-newtown-assault-weapons-20121217_1_assault-weapon-lethal-weapon-rifle

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

It's like seeing Bill Clinton all over again, what is the definition of "IS"

Now, if her gun was purchased BEFORE the ban, it was LEGAL for her to have...are you, someone who SELLS guns, pretending to not know this?

Quoting Carpy:

If the AR15 is an assault rifle and assault rifles are banned i Connecticut, how did his mother legally own an AR15?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
valhallaarwen
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:50 PM

I don't know what you heard, but the story I heard was that he did not use the AR-15, it was in the car.  So I knew for a fact that he didn't use that gun. 

Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Uh...yes he did according to CT State Police and the medical examiner.

Quoting valhallaarwen:

I don't know what you heard, but the story I heard was that he did not use the AR-15, it was in the car.  So I knew for a fact that he didn't use that gun. 

Redwall
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:25 PM

I think everyone who heard the original story heard this....there was NO assault rifle.   I think it was just the "agenda" to further the assault rifle ban.  My gun of choice is an AR-15...yes, it's considered an assault rifle, but it's not an automatic.  It's a light weight gun for a woman and there's not much recoil.

valhallaarwen
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:24 PM

OK once again, I heard that he did not use the assault rifle, so maybe I am confusing the gun names.  Hell I don't know gun names or numbers. 

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Quoting valhallaarwen:

Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:54 AM

That's fine and all, but I wouldn't be going around saying that you know something as "fact" when it's not a fact.

Quoting valhallaarwen:

OK once again, I heard that he did not use the assault rifle, so maybe I am confusing the gun names.  Hell I don't know gun names or numbers. 

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Quoting valhallaarwen:

valhallaarwen
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Alright fine but I was told that he NEVER USED THE ASSAULT RIFLE IN THE BEGINNING. WHY IS THIS HARD FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS WHAT I HEARD ON THE NEWS.  I HEARD THAT THE ASSAULT WEAPON WAS IN THE CAR.  THAT IS A FACT THAT I HEARD REGARDLESS OF WHAT NBC WROTE/SAID.  I HEARD ON CNN THAT HE DIDN'T USE THE ASSAULT RIFLE.  WHY IS IT SO HARD FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND THAT NOT EVERYONE HEARD THE SAME THING???
NBC IS NOT THE ONLY SOURCE OF NEWS BTW.

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

That's fine and all, but I wouldn't be going around saying that you know something as "fact" when it's not a fact.

Quoting valhallaarwen:

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Quoting valhallaarwen:

Raintree
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:44 PM

The OP has retracted her post. Perhaps you should reread it.

Quoting valhallaarwen:

Alright fine but I was told that he NEVER USED THE ASSAULT RIFLE IN THE BEGINNING. WHY IS THIS HARD FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS WHAT I HEARD ON THE NEWS.  I HEARD THAT THE ASSAULT WEAPON WAS IN THE CAR.  THAT IS A FACT THAT I HEARD REGARDLESS OF WHAT NBC WROTE/SAID.  I HEARD ON CNN THAT HE DIDN'T USE THE ASSAULT RIFLE.  WHY IS IT SO HARD FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND THAT NOT EVERYONE HEARD THE SAME THING???

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Quoting valhallaarwen:

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Quoting valhallaarwen:

valhallaarwen
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Yes I know but as I was challenged I stated that I never heard the original thing that he used the assault weapon.  That's all.

Quoting Raintree:

The OP has retracted her post. Perhaps you should reread it.

Quoting valhallaarwen:

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Quoting valhallaarwen:

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Quoting valhallaarwen:

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Nope. One station made this incorrect assessment

The police, coroner and reporters have all agreed it was the Bushmaster AR 16 assault rifle that murderer these kids

There was another rifle in the trunk of his car that was not used and he used a hand gun to kill himself

There is no confusion among reasonable people

Quoting Redwall:

I think everyone who heard the original story heard this....there was NO assault rifle.   I think it was just the "agenda" to further the assault rifle ban.  My gun of choice is an AR-15...yes, it's considered an assault rifle, but it's not an automatic.  It's a light weight gun for a woman and there's not much recoil.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN