Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

No Assault Rifle Used at Sandy Hook Tragedy ETA: OP Retracted

Posted by   + Show Post

According to the state police, the NBC footage was incorrect:

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/newtownshooting/article/State-Police-All-26-Newtown-victims-shot-with-4222073.php

"

State Police: All 26 Newtown victims shot with assault rifle

Neil Vigdor
Published 10:06 pm, Thursday, January 24, 2013
  • State Police Lt. J Paul Vance speaks at a press conference in Newtown, Conn., following the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School Dec. 14, 2012. Photo: Ned Gerard / Connecticut Post
    State Police Lt. J Paul Vance speaks at a press conference in Newtown, Conn., following the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School Dec. 14, 2012. Photo: Ned Gerard | Buy This Photo
    State Police Lt. J Paul Vance speaks at a press conference in...

Lt. J. Paul Vance, the face of an ongoing Connecticut State Police investigation into the worst grade-school shooting in U.S. history, Thursday debunked media and Internet reports that Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza killed his victims with handguns and not the Bushmaster XM-15 E2S rifle that is now the focus of a proposed federal assault-weapons ban.

All 26 of Lanza's victims were shot with the .223-caliber semi-automatic rifle, said Vance, who bristled at claims to the contrary during an interview with Hearst Connecticut Newspapers.

Read more: http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/newtownshooting/article/State-Police-All-26-Newtown-victims-shot-with-4222073.php#ixzz2JUj72DHO

Apparently my OP is wrong, and I sincerely apologize.

I am posting this video because it has footage on NBC admitting that only hand guns were used in the shooting, it has more commentary after that clip.

The shooter, Adam Lanza, tried to obtain an assault rifle from a gun store on December 11th but was prevented due to the waiting period required by the state of Connecticut.  He did have an AR-15 in the trunk of his mother's car, but did not take it into the school.

This has probably been gone over before, but I thought it deserved its own post.

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Replies (41-50):
sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Earlier today I posted an NBC News report about the type of weapons Adam Lanza used during his Sandy Hook rampage. That report was from December 15 and contained false information. According to the Newtown coroner, Lanza used a semi-automatic AR-15, not four handguns as the report said. The entire post has been retracted. I apologize for the error.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2012/12/27/story-retraction-authorities-say-newtown-shooter-did-not-use-assault-weapon-n1475045

Imacakebaker
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:37 PM

http://www.chicagonow.com/uncommon-sense/2013/01/no-assault-rifle-used-in-sandy-hook-shooting-01232013

http://www.ijreview.com/2013/01/30208-nbc-admits-no-assault-rifle-used-in-newtown-shooting/

You are lying when you say it was an assault riffle used.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Please provide a credible link to new information coming out?

The NBC was OLD...the POLICE CHIEF has done MULTIPLE press conferences and said the SAME thing

now SHOW me a LINK with this new evidence

you CANT because it doesn't EXIST

Quoting Imacakebaker:

That's old (1-23-13) and a lie.  New information is coming out.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/newtown.asp

for all the lying right wingers

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:46 PM

You keep posting this link that DEBUNKS what you are saying...did you READ the editors note?

NBC Admitted: No ‘Assault Rifle’ Used in Newtown Shooting

January 15, 2013 5:10 pm

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

When the president surrounds himself with children while giving his announcement that reasonable gun control measures are necessary, bear in mind that those ‘assault rifles‘ the government is sure to be going after were not even used in the Newton, Connecticut elementary shooting. As NBC admits in the video above, four handguns were used to carry out that despicable atrocity. This directly contradicts other reports.

Pete Williams, who is NBC’s chief Justice correspondent, reported the following in the video posted above:

This continues to be a very complex investigation and there is a lot of contradictory information out there, but we have some new information this morning (one month ago) from a couple of federal officials and state officials.

They say now that there were actually four handguns inside the school, not just two as we were initially told. Four handguns and apparently only handguns that were taken into the school.

We knew that Adam Lanza, the man said to be the gunman here, also had an ‘assault-style’ AR-15 -style rifle that he had had taken to the school, it was in the car he drove there, his mother’s car, but we have been told by several officials that he had left that in the car.

The correspondent makes it clear over and over again that he confirmed this information with federal and state officials. Now, a lot of media reports contradict this one, but somebody’s lying. The report that an ‘AR-15-style’ assault rifle was in the trunk of murderer Adam Lanza’s car is up for dispute as well. If one examines footage from police breaking into Lanza’s car, one sees police clearing a round from a “long gun of some type” that does not appear to be ‘AR-15 style’ or ‘assault-style.’

Whether or not the mainstream media are intentionally spreading disinformation about the Sandy Hook elementary tragedy, there is one thing for certain: not only are violent crime rates at a modern low and going down, but only 323 homicides were committed by rifles in 2011. That includes hunting rifles, assault rifles, military style rifles, semi-automatic rifles and whatever label one comes up with, regardless of magazine or clip capacity.

In a nation of 311 million people, the odds of being killed by a rifle is about one homicide per million people, which is far less than the odds of being murdered by a blunt object. But we don’t hear the media arguing about regulating hammers and clubs. Again, when 99.7% of registered gun owners are law-abiding, gun control is not about guns, it’s about control.

[Read "President Obama May Announce 19 Executive Orders on Gun Control Tomorrow"]

Editor’s note: Connecticut State Police have confirmed that Adam Lanza did, in fact, use a Bushmaster .223 high capacity rifle and two hand guns. As far as we can tell, NBC has not issued a retraction.

Quoting Imacakebaker:

http://www.chicagonow.com/uncommon-sense/2013/01/no-assault-rifle-used-in-sandy-hook-shooting-01232013

http://www.ijreview.com/2013/01/30208-nbc-admits-no-assault-rifle-used-in-newtown-shooting/

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

The NBC was OLD...the POLICE CHIEF has done MULTIPLE press conferences and said the SAME thing

Quoting Imacakebaker:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:47 PM

No dear, it is you that is lying. You need to read the link provided it had an editors update at the bottom

can one of the right wingers read it and explain it to her

Quoting Imacakebaker:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting Imacakebaker:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Very interesting. So why all the lies about Adam Lanza having an AR-15? It almost sounds like Obama and the mainstream media played a bait-and-switch to fool us. To be honest, I'm a little shocked this even came out, since the mainstream media likes to ignore facts that don't fit their worldview.

Do you really believe Obama DIDN'T know this handgun-only-at-Sandy-Hook information long before we did? Why didn't WE know this before? How could we go for six weeks believing Adam Lanza had a so-called "assault" rifle? I mean you've got cops, detectives, and FBI combing the scene. You've got the perpetrator: a dead Adam Lanza, his guns, no AR-15. We should have heard this in December BEFORE Obama and Joe Biden got on their high horses to tell Americans what they think we need.

It is rather convenient to receive this info AFTER Obama's speeches, AFTER Joe Biden's committee, AFTER Obama's 23 Executive Orders, AFTER Dianne Feinstein's proposed bills.

I guess what I don't understand is why wasn't all this action a priority after the other four mass shootings during Obama's first term, one he designates "workplace violence" instead of a terrorist attack (Fort Hood). Unless Obama believes the lives of adults, including US Army soldiers, are not equally precious.

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Editor’s note: Connecticut State Police have confirmed that Adam Lanza did, in fact, use a Bushmaster .223 high capacity rifle and two hand guns. As far as we can tell, NBC has not issued a retraction.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Very interesting. So why all the lies about Adam Lanza having an AR-15? It almost sounds like Obama and the mainstream media played a bait-and-switch to fool us. To be honest, I'm a little shocked this even came out, since the mainstream media likes to ignore facts that don't fit their worldview.

Do you really believe Obama DIDN'T know this handgun-only-at-Sandy-Hook information long before we did? Why didn't WE know this before? How could we go for six weeks believing Adam Lanza had a so-called "assault" rifle? I mean you've got cops, detectives, and FBI combing the scene. You've got the perpetrator: a dead Adam Lanza, his guns, no AR-15. We should have heard this in December BEFORE Obama and Joe Biden got on their high horses to tell Americans what they think we need.

It is rather convenient to receive this info AFTER Obama's speeches, AFTER Joe Biden's committee, AFTER Obama's 23 Executive Orders, AFTER Dianne Feinstein's proposed bills.

I guess what I don't understand is why wasn't all this action a priority after the other four mass shootings during Obama's first term, one he designates "workplace violence" instead of a terrorist attack (Fort Hood). Unless Obama believes the lives of adults, including US Army soldiers, are not equally precious.

Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:05 PM

This has been retracted and debunked, Sally.

An AR-15 was the primary weapon.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:07 PM

I really wish the OP would amend the title of this thread. It's sickening how fast bad information gets out and muddles reality.

Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:12 PM

This idiot didn't even get who was in charge right. It was the state medical examiner that confirmed that it was "the long gun" that was responsible.

Just because some boob on NBC makes a mistake and the right wingers run with it doesn't make it true.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Earlier today I posted an NBC News report about the type of weapons Adam Lanza used during his Sandy Hook rampage. That report was from December 15 and contained false information. According to the Newtown coroner, Lanza used a semi-automatic AR-15, not four handguns as the report said. The entire post has been retracted. I apologize for the error.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2012/12/27/story-retraction-authorities-say-newtown-shooter-did-not-use-assault-weapon-n1475045

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Most of them are so stupid they don't understand how ridicuous they sound///

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

This idiot didn't even get who was in charge right. It was the state medical examiner that confirmed that it was "the long gun" that was responsible.

Just because some boob on NBC makes a mistake and the right wingers run with it doesn't make it true.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN