Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Can anyone tell me why this gun should not be banned?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:34 AM
  • 57 Replies

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:47 AM

an assault rifle is capable of both semi-automatic and full automatic fire with one pull of the trigger. A rifle only fires once each time the trigger is pulled. 
The ammunition is important too. Assault rifles use a smaller and less-powerful ammo than rifles, but with less range. The result is that more ammo can be carried because of the reduced weight. 

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:52 AM
2 moms liked this

So, then an AR15 is NOT an assault rifle.  But you have not given me an answer on this gun.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

an assault rifle is capable of both semi-automatic and full automatic fire with one pull of the trigger. A rifle only fires once each time the trigger is pulled. 
The ammunition is important too. Assault rifles use a smaller and less-powerful ammo than rifles, but with less range. The result is that more ammo can be carried because of the reduced weight. 

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:01 AM

Yes, it is..

You might want to tell it's makers and sellers and they SELL it as an ASSAULT rifle and brag about how many bullets you can get in a clip...

Quoting Carpy:

So, then an AR15 is NOT an assault rifle.  But you have not given me an answer on this gun.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Bushmaster is marketed as an assault rifle?  But you just stated an assault rifle has to be capable of full auto fire.  So you are contradicting yourself.

How about this gun.  IS it scary?

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Yes, it is..

You might want to tell it's makers and sellers and they SELL it as an ASSAULT rifle and brag about how many bullets you can get in a clip...

Quoting Carpy:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:12 AM

The rifle in the photo in the op, can take a 70 round drum. 

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:15 AM

And it is a magazine, not a clip.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Yes, it is..

Quoting Carpy:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

SpnFulOfSugar
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:17 AM
It's not an assault rifle? The sks does not have select fire. It also makes a good deer rifle lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Carpy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Neither does the  AR15.   And the SKS is modified before it is brought into the US.  It is full auto in it's manufactured form.

Quoting SpnFulOfSugar:

It's not an assault rifle? The sks does not have select fire. It also makes a good deer rifle lol

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:37 AM

I sell a lot of 5 round mags for the SKS so people don't have to put a stick in their ten rounder to deer hunt.

Quoting SpnFulOfSugar:

SpnFulOfSugar
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:39 AM
Yes I'm aware but it's not sold as a full auto in the states.

Quoting Carpy:

Neither does the  AR15.   And the SKS is modified before it is brought into the US.  It is full auto in it's manufactured form.

Quoting SpnFulOfSugar:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)