Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

S/O: My Prediction Of A Gun Law That Could Have A Chance Of Passing

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:19 PM
  • 2 Replies

Okay, so based on my other thread about unenforced gun laws, I have come up with a new gun law that might actually have a chance of passing:  Look for them to introduce legislation that would ban private sales of guns.  It seems as though that is where many of the loopholes are.  Private sales don't require background checks, and this is where many criminals and others who are not allowed to own guns get them.  The reason I think this would have a chance of passing is that it wouldn't cost the gun manufacturers and retailers anything.  In fact, it would actually increase the market of used gun sales.  If you want to sell your gun, you have to sell it to a licensed used gun dealer.  That dealer would be subject to all of the background purchase laws, and (bonus!) be subject to taxation by the state and federal government.  It's a win/win situation, and would decrease the private sales market.

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MsDenuninani
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this

If that's what ends up happening, I'll remember that I heard it here first. . .

mikiemom
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I think this should already be a law - there should be provisions though allowing private sales and inherritance but they would have to jump through hoops. I only say that because my DS is  inherriting a large number of very high-end expensive weapons from his grandfather.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)