Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

U.S. Air Force Took Away Nancy Pelosi's Jet!

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:32 PM
  • 23 Replies

U.S. Air Force Took Away Nancy Pelosi's Jet!

JANUARY 31, 2013

What a waste of Tax Payer's money!

This was LONG Overdue

USAF TOOK NANCY ‘S JET AWAY

The real reason that Nancy Pelosi is considering retiring is that they took her Jet away.
Ah, poor baby!

As a result of a Judicial Watch filing under the Freedom of Information Act, the USAF releaseddocuments detailing House Speaker use of United States Air Force aircraft between March 2009 and June 2010.

Here are the main highlights revealed by the USAF. Keep in mind that all the data below relate to United States Air Force aircraft used by one woman over a sixteen month period.Several of these flights included Ms. Pelosi's guests, such as grown children, grandchildren, various in-laws, friends and hangers-on.

Over 95% of the trips were between the west coast and Washington DC , for what you might call a commute between home and the office. READ it and WEEP!!

•·         Total trips: 85 over a 68 week period, or 1.25 average trips per week.

•·         Total mileage: 206,264 miles, or 2,427 average miles per trip.

•·         Total flying time: 428.6 hours, or an average of 5 hours per trip.

•·         Cost to the taxpayers: $2,100,744, or $27,715 per trip, or $1,285,162 per year!

•·         Cost of in flight food and alcohol: $101,429; $1,193 per trip; $62,051 per year.

On one junket to Baghdad, according to the Air Force report, she had the aircraft bar stocked with Johnny Walker Red Scotch, Grey Goose Vodka, E&J
Brandy, Bailey's Irish Cream, Maker's Mark Whiskey, Courvoisier Cognac, Bacardi Rum, Jim Beam Whiskey, Beefeater Gin, Dewar's Scotch, Bombay Sapphire 
Gin, Jack Daniels Whiskey,Corona Beer and several varieties of wine.

This was obviously a very important "gubment bidness" trip.Evidence generally speaks for itself, and in Ms. Pelosi's case it speaks the language of abuse and (evidently) a serious familial drinking problem, for in a single year she and her spawn drank an amount in excess of the net income of the average employed American!

When she said, "... If the stimulus doesn't pass, five hundred million (the US only has about 300 million including children) people might lose their jobs...",  thought she was unintentionally revealing her ignorance. Now more inclined to think she was pickled.

Even though she can no longer abuse the USAF, she can either fly on her broom, or fly Southwest Airlines, where bags fly free.Strange we haven't seen this story covered on MSNBC?

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Imacakebaker
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:40 PM
4 moms liked this

Aww.Too bad for Nancy.  I almost feel sorry for her, but then I remember how hard my husband and I work, and others like us work for that money she is wasting.

She should fly coach.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:42 PM
3 moms liked this

Why did Pelosi even have a jet? I've never heard that as a usual Senate benefit.

Damn hypocritical 1%-er!

4kidz916
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:56 AM
5 moms liked this

Even though she can no longer abuse the USAF, she can either fly on her broom, or fly Southwest Airlines, where bags fly free.Strange we haven't seen this story covered on MSNBC?

I love this last line.  LOL!

DSamuels
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:40 PM
2 moms liked this

Since 9-11 the Speaker of the House got their own jet for travel due to safety concerns, since they are behind the VP in line to the presidency. When Hastert was speaker he lived close by (Illinois) and used a small commuter plane. Since Nancy lives in CA, she apparently needed a bigger plane to fly non-stop. I do agree she probably milked it for all she could. 

Boehner has said he will continue to fly on commercial planes, and has since 2010.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Why did Pelosi even have a jet? I've never heard that as a usual Senate benefit.

Damn hypocritical 1%-er!

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:48 PM
2 moms liked this

And, since I live in CA, I can tell you we DEFINITELY have commercial flghts to DC.    :)

Thanks for the info re: post-9/11 - Didn't know that.

I agree with Boehner - when you are entrusted with taxpayer money, you really owe the American people to get the best deal you can and to save our money. Every little bit saved adds up to $16.4 trillion.

Surely even First Class or Business Class on a commercial flight is cheaper than Pelosi taking a flight on her own jet.

Quoting DSamuels:

Since 9-11 the Speaker of the House got their own jet for travel due to safety concerns, since they are behind the VP in line to the presidency. When Hastert was speaker he lived close by (Illinois) and used a small commuter plane. Since Nancy lives in CA, she apparently needed a bigger plane to fly non-stop. I do agree she probably milked it for all she could. 

Boehner has said he will continue to fly on commercial planes, and has since 2010.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Damn hypocritical 1%-er!

erika9009
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:49 PM
3 moms liked this

sidesplittinglaughter

Sorry, I have no respect for her after her whole ObamaCare gaff.

Also, somehow, many restaurants in her district somehow became exempt to the rules on ObamaCare, Hummmmmmmm.

So, her losing her jet is no big deal.   Maybe she'll have fly with the rest of us and she'll get some choice opinions from fellow travelers on how things really are.

Erika..

Children are a blessing and are never inconvenient.............

Clairwil
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Quoting gsprofval:

On one junket to Baghdad, according to the Air Force report, she had the aircraft bar stocked with Johnny Walker Red Scotch, Grey Goose Vodka, E&J
Brandy, Bailey's Irish Cream, Maker's Mark Whiskey, Courvoisier Cognac, Bacardi Rum, Jim Beam Whiskey, Beefeater Gin, Dewar's Scotch, Bombay Sapphire 
Gin, Jack Daniels Whiskey,Corona Beer and several varieties of wine.

This was obviously a very important "gubment bidness" trip.

What's wrong with the aircraft having a stocked bar?  Does it only ever carry her + family, or does she get to do politics with other politicians on such trips?

erika9009
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting gsprofval:

Brandy, Bailey's Irish Cream, Maker's Mark Whiskey, Courvoisier Cognac, Bacardi Rum, Jim Beam Whiskey, Beefeater Gin, Dewar's Scotch, Bombay Sapphire Gin, Jack Daniels Whiskey,Corona Beer and several varieties of wine.

This was obviously a very important "gubment bidness" trip.

What's wrong with the aircraft having a stocked bar?  Does it only ever carry her + family, or does she get to do politics with other politicians on such trips?

What's wrong with it??? Your kids have to pay for it all at some point here.   Why does a military aircraft need a bar???  If cocktails are needed for some reason, just bring them aboard that one time.  NP just likes to live high and mighty on our kids dime.

Erika..

Children are a blessing and are never inconvenient.............

moirajones1979
by New Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Turns out this is basically false (shocking, I know):

http://www.snopes.com/politics/pelosi/jet.asp

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:12 PM

No, not "basically false" at all.

Quoting moirajones1979:

Turns out this is basically false (shocking, I know):

http://www.snopes.com/politics/pelosi/jet.asp

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN