Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeowner Holds Burglar at Gunpoint, What would have happened if gun ban passes?

Posted by   + Show Post

Homeowner Holds Burglar at Gunpoint, What would have happened if gun ban passes?

FEBRUARY 1, 2013

Credit to WSAZ News:

HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (WSAZ) — A gun toting homeowner took matters into his own hands when he found an alleged burglar in his house.

The incident happened at home in 1000 block of 23rd Street in Huntington late Tuesday night.

Huntington Police say they arrived at the house to find the homeowner holding John Allen Bryan, 37, of Huntington at gunpoint.

According to the criminal complaint, the man came home to find the front door wide open, the back door kicked open, and Bryan going through his belongings inside the house.

The complaint says Allen was piling electronics and other valuables on a blanket by the front door and in a trash can by the back door. Police also said that Allen had a necklace and two rings belonging to homeowner in the front pocket of his jeans.

Bryan was arrested at the scene and charged with burglary.

The question isn’t what happened, the question is, what would have happened if the gun ban passes?

This man would have arrived home to a burglar, would have had no gun to defend his house, and would have been at the mercy of the criminal. Because this gun ban doesn’t take guns from criminals, it takes them from law abiding citizens!

gun_ban

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Replies (71-74):
Farmlady09
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:28 PM

I am relaxed ... and sleepy after being up most of last night.

Quoting Thomigirl:

Damn, forgot to use my pink sarcasm font. Relax, it's not that serious.

Quoting Farmlady09:

Does it matter lol? I like medieval weapons, always have. What you can be certain of is that that is an assault weapon. It's only purpose is to destroy/kill things (and a ballista built with modern metal is capable of taking out a bus, an elephant, etc.) ... and, none of them were on Feinstein's list of things to ban. Can't say that there's any way to do any background checks on them either (although a catapult or trebuchet would be difficult to hide).  

Part of the OP was the question  'what would happen if the gun ban passes' ... well, the plain truth is that there are more than a few people who can (and obviously do) know how to make far worse ones all by themselves.

Quoting Thomigirl:

WTH are you fighting...the Kraken?

Quoting Farmlady09:

This is a ballista ~ great for castle defense when mounted on a tower, and fairly destructive if you shoot flaming spears. Almost as much fun as a catapult and a little less weight to maneuver around. We've actually built a smaller version just for fun, as well as a trebuchet (which were used to fling rocks to knock down castle/city walls as well as tossing dead/diseased animals over city walls ... but a lot harder to lug around lol).

Redwall
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Gun control will still allow "bad" people to own guns...BUT...there are still those of us that own guns and lots of them...and I dare them to break into my home....it'll be the last time they do so.

nanaofsix531
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Why would you post this if you know there is not going to be a ban on all guns?

autodidact
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:49 PM

he could have used a non-banned gun

or he could have driven away and called the cops from his cell, having seen the front door wide open. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)