Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Homeowner Holds Burglar at Gunpoint, What would have happened if gun ban passes?

Posted by   + Show Post

Homeowner Holds Burglar at Gunpoint, What would have happened if gun ban passes?

FEBRUARY 1, 2013

Credit to WSAZ News:

HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (WSAZ) — A gun toting homeowner took matters into his own hands when he found an alleged burglar in his house.

The incident happened at home in 1000 block of 23rd Street in Huntington late Tuesday night.

Huntington Police say they arrived at the house to find the homeowner holding John Allen Bryan, 37, of Huntington at gunpoint.

According to the criminal complaint, the man came home to find the front door wide open, the back door kicked open, and Bryan going through his belongings inside the house.

The complaint says Allen was piling electronics and other valuables on a blanket by the front door and in a trash can by the back door. Police also said that Allen had a necklace and two rings belonging to homeowner in the front pocket of his jeans.

Bryan was arrested at the scene and charged with burglary.

The question isn’t what happened, the question is, what would have happened if the gun ban passes?

This man would have arrived home to a burglar, would have had no gun to defend his house, and would have been at the mercy of the criminal. Because this gun ban doesn’t take guns from criminals, it takes them from law abiding citizens!

gun_ban

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Replies (21-30):
mikiemom
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:12 AM
2 moms liked this

what gun ban are you talking about - there is no gun ban. We can't have a conversation about gun control because ya'll become unhinged at the mention of gun control - but you are the poster that is constantly threatening overthrow of the government. I certainly hope that the people in the government are reading what you and your groupies are writing out here and keep an eye on your treasonous asses.    

Quoting Farmlady09:

Darn ~ You beat me to it!

Quoting SallyMJ:

Uh - According to the Dept. of Homeland Security, holding the burglar at scissors-point?

denise3680
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:57 AM
3 moms liked this

this is exactly why no one can have a discussion on gun control.  This whole thing jsut shows how unstable and irrational some of you gun freaks are.  Hell personally I think they should have shot his ass, if he was in my house, he may have walked in but he is getting carried out and my hand gun works just fine:/  But then again I have a pretty ferocious Yorkie:)

ms-superwoman
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:03 AM
2 moms liked this

Sense when has there been a ban on all guns?

I better go turn in my gun before the government comes knocking down my doors!

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Conservatives show themselves to be ridiculously stupid and or liars daily

There isn't a ban being talked about for all guns

The man in the OP probably used a gun that is and still will be legal...unless you can show me otherwise

Now, severe restrictions are in place for machine guns- do you have a problem with that?

Were your rights fringed upon by those restrictions?

Nope
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motherslove82
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:35 AM
4 moms liked this

There isn't a birth control ban or an abortion ban being proposed either, but that doesn't stop liberals from freaking out about the "slippery slope" of every single law that may in some way keep a woman from being able to get an abortion. This is a slippery slope, too. It just depends on what you are passionate about.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

The man in the OP probably used a gun that is and still will be legal...unless you can show me otherwise

Now, severe restrictions are in place for machine guns- do you have a problem with that?

Nope

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:37 AM
John Boehner the too ranked republican stated his mission is to outlaw abortion in the US

Quoting motherslove82:

There isn't a birth control ban or an abortion ban being proposed either, but that doesn't stop liberals from freaking out about the "slippery slope" of every single law that may in some way keep a woman from being able to get an abortion. This is a slippery slope, too. It just depends on what you are passionate about.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Nope

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motherslove82
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:44 AM
2 moms liked this

"Banning guns is an idea whose time has come."

Joseph Biden

quoted by AP

U.S. Senator

1993-11-18

He's pretty high up, too, but there is no actual proposal yet, so neither of us should worry. Right?

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

John Boehner the too ranked republican stated his mission is to outlaw abortion in the US

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Nope

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:57 AM
You may wish to provide the context of his statement in 93 and to which guns it was referring ...because it wasn't all guns as you are pretending

Quoting motherslove82:

Joseph Biden

quoted by AP

U.S. Senator

1993-11-18

He's pretty high up, too, but there is no actual proposal yet, so neither of us should worry. Right?

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Nope

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motherslove82
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Did you read all of Boehner's comments? He says that we should do what we can to protect the sanctity of life. He also talked about going through Congress and about doing what the majority wants (which, according to liberals, is the right to abortion). He did not say that he would go around Congress if they didn't do what he wants. Context works in both directions. He was also talking to a pro-life advocacy group about goals that they could set and things they could do to achieve those goals. 

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

You may wish to provide the context of his statement in 93 and to which guns it was referring ...because it wasn't all guns as you are pretending

Quoting motherslove82:

Joseph Biden

quoted by AP

U.S. Senator

1993-11-18

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Nope

jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:15 PM
2 moms liked this

What country do you live in, OP? 

I live in the USA, and there is no proposed ban on guns.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)