Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Homeowner Holds Burglar at Gunpoint, What would have happened if gun ban passes?

Posted by   + Show Post

Homeowner Holds Burglar at Gunpoint, What would have happened if gun ban passes?

FEBRUARY 1, 2013

Credit to WSAZ News:

HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (WSAZ) — A gun toting homeowner took matters into his own hands when he found an alleged burglar in his house.

The incident happened at home in 1000 block of 23rd Street in Huntington late Tuesday night.

Huntington Police say they arrived at the house to find the homeowner holding John Allen Bryan, 37, of Huntington at gunpoint.

According to the criminal complaint, the man came home to find the front door wide open, the back door kicked open, and Bryan going through his belongings inside the house.

The complaint says Allen was piling electronics and other valuables on a blanket by the front door and in a trash can by the back door. Police also said that Allen had a necklace and two rings belonging to homeowner in the front pocket of his jeans.

Bryan was arrested at the scene and charged with burglary.

The question isn’t what happened, the question is, what would have happened if the gun ban passes?

This man would have arrived home to a burglar, would have had no gun to defend his house, and would have been at the mercy of the criminal. Because this gun ban doesn’t take guns from criminals, it takes them from law abiding citizens!

gun_ban

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Replies (41-50):
sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Why do you think one line is all over? because it fits an agenda, you are being duped by political propaganda and dont seem to mind it

Biden didn't single out specific proposals in President Barack Obama's gun violence package; instead, he expressed support for the entire package and made the case that now is the time to get something passed. Citing his decades of experience working on gun-related issues on Capitol Hill, he noted how key groups -- namely religious groups and sheriff's organizations -- have "moved more in the direction of realizing we need to do something on gun safety" in recent times, particularly since the Sandy Hook massacre.

"The visual image of those 20 innocent children being riddled with bullets has absolutely not only traumatized the nation but it has caused the straw that broke the camel's back," Biden said. "I'm not saying there's absolute consensus on all these things. But there is a sea change in attitudes of the American people, and I believe that the American people will not understand ... if we don't act."

Quoting motherslove82:

Believe what you want, but I couldn't find it. The quote itself is all over the internet and that's were I found it, but not the whole speech. I know what was being debated then, just like it is being debated now. Just because assault weapons are the topic doesn't mean that someone couldn't make a statement that all guns should be banned. They are doing it now. You have latched onto a context that even you don't know, but have ignored every other point that has been made. How about a response to the other points?

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

You can't find it sure..where did you find THAT portion of it?

look up what was being debated in 1993...it was about assault weapons...

Quoting motherslove82:

I can't find the entire speech, but I will keep looking. I still would love to hear a possible context for that statement where it does not mean exactly what it says. It's a pretty clear comment. If he only meant some guns, or guns sold to criminals, why would he just say "guns" as though there is no difference. And what about the quote from Feinstein? She is also a senator of the United States. Either way, your statements that "There isn't a gun ban being talked about", or previous statements that no one wants to ban all guns are false.

motherslove82
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:44 PM

And you are still avoiding.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Why do you think one line is all over? because it fits an agenda, you are being duped by political propaganda and dont seem to mind it

Quoting motherslove82:

Believe what you want, but I couldn't find it. The quote itself is all over the internet and that's were I found it, but not the whole speech. I know what was being debated then, just like it is being debated now. Just because assault weapons are the topic doesn't mean that someone couldn't make a statement that all guns should be banned. They are doing it now. You have latched onto a context that even you don't know, but have ignored every other point that has been made. How about a response to the other points?

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting motherslove82:

I can't find the entire speech, but I will keep looking. I still would love to hear a possible context for that statement where it does not mean exactly what it says. It's a pretty clear comment. If he only meant some guns, or guns sold to criminals, why would he just say "guns" as though there is no difference. And what about the quote from Feinstein? She is also a senator of the United States. Either way, your statements that "There isn't a gun ban being talked about", or previous statements that no one wants to ban all guns are false.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:47 PM

The Brady Campaign endorses Joe Biden, saying, “Senator Biden has been a consistent supporter of the Brady Campaign,” and “a key player in the fight for the federalassault weapons ban that passed in 1994
Biden introduced an “assault weapons ban in Congress five years before the Clinton gun and magazine ban was imposed. In 1989, Biden’s Senate Bill 1970 proposed to ban the Colt AR-15 and eight similar firearms as “assault weapons,” and authorize the Secretary of the Treasury (in reality, BATF) and the Attorney General to recommend to Congress any other firearms, regardless of type, to be banned as “additional assault weapons.”
Biden was instrumental in the passage of the 1994 Clintongun and magazine ban. Biden reiterated his support for the ban—and, in fact, took credit for authoring it—in response to a question at the CNN & YouTube debate earlier this year (see the video below). Biden voted for the ban on a stand-alone vote in 1993, and voted to extend the ban in 2004 as an amendment to the “Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act.” He also included a renewal of the ban in his crime bill last year, along with gun show restrictions.
Joe Biden’s S. 2237 proposes to renew the Clinton ban on roughly 200 makes and models of semi-automatic rifles, shotguns, and handguns on the basis of things like the shape of their grips, and on ammunition magazines that hold more than 10 rounds, regardless of the kind of firearm in which they are used.
Biden voted against the law that prohibits lawsuits designed to bankrupt law-abiding firearm manufacturers and dealers. He also refused to sign the Congressional brief in Heller, and voted to confirm only one of the five justices who ruled in favor of the Second Amendment in Heller, yet he voted to confirm all four justices who voted against the Second Amendment in that case.
Simply put

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting motherslove82:

motherslove82
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:53 PM

None of that mentions the exact context of the quote, but it does point out that he banned certain types of hand guns and shot guns. Almost all guns that take a magazine can use an expanded magazine.

And it still doesn't address any of the other points.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

The Brady Campaign endorses Joe Biden, saying, “Senator Biden has been a consistent supporter of the Brady Campaign,” and “a key player in the fight for the federalassault weapons ban that passed in 1994
Biden introduced an “assault weapons ban in Congress five years before the Clinton gun and magazine ban was imposed. In 1989, Biden’s Senate Bill 1970 proposed to ban the Colt AR-15 and eight similar firearms as “assault weapons,” and authorize the Secretary of the Treasury (in reality, BATF) and the Attorney General to recommend to Congress any other firearms, regardless of type, to be banned as “additional assault weapons.”
Biden was instrumental in the passage of the 1994 Clintongun and magazine ban. Biden reiterated his support for the ban—and, in fact, took credit for authoring it—in response to a question at the CNN & YouTube debate earlier this year (see the video below). Biden voted for the ban on a stand-alone vote in 1993, and voted to extend the ban in 2004 as an amendment to the “Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act.” He also included a renewal of the ban in his crime bill last year, along with gun show restrictions.
Joe Biden’s S. 2237 proposes to renew the Clinton ban on roughly 200 makes and models of semi-automatic rifles, shotguns, and handguns on the basis of things like the shape of their grips, and on ammunition magazines that hold more than 10 rounds, regardless of the kind of firearm in which they are used.
Biden voted against the law that prohibits lawsuits designed to bankrupt law-abiding firearm manufacturers and dealers. He also refused to sign the Congressional brief in Heller, and voted to confirm only one of the five justices who ruled in favor of the Second Amendment in Heller, yet he voted to confirm all four justices who voted against the Second Amendment in that case.
Simply put

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting motherslove82:

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:01 PM
There were not other points

Biden was referring to the assault weapons ban

Believe the propaganda if you want

Quoting motherslove82:

None of that mentions the exact context of the quote, but it does point out that he banned certain types of hand guns and shot guns. Almost all guns that take a magazine can use an expanded magazine.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Simply put

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting motherslove82:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motherslove82
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this

There was the point that your statements that no one wants to ban all guns is a false statement. The person who is proposing the assault weapons ban has stated that if it were up to her, all guns would be banned. You just skip points that you can't argue with and latch on to points that you think you can prove (even though you haven't). Keep believing what you want, but don't accuse other people of pretending when you are just as guilty.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Simply put

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting motherslove82:

CABZS
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:07 PM
2 moms liked this

LOL, I always think of things like this when people think that more laws will prevent criminals from getting guns. 

Quoting gsprofval:

Best Anti-Gun Ban Cartoons

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:35 PM
I said no one wants too!?

I said Biden didn't want too and neither does this administration

Quoting motherslove82:

There was the point that your statements that no one wants to ban all guns is a false statement. The person who is proposing the assault weapons ban has stated that if it were up to her, all guns would be banned. You just skip points that you can't argue with and latch on to points that you think you can prove (even though you haven't). Keep believing what you want, but don't accuse other people of pretending when you are just as guilty.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Simply put

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting motherslove82:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:36 PM
So why have any laws?

Quoting CABZS:

LOL, I always think of things like this when people think that more laws will prevent criminals from getting guns. 

Quoting gsprofval:

Best Anti-Gun Ban Cartoons

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motherslove82
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:48 PM

You said no one is discussing a gun ban. When I pointed out that it was similar to the way liberals see abortion, you quoted Boehner. Then I quoted Biden, and all you were concerned about was context, so I quoted Feinstein, which you completely ignored. The original point I was making was that no one is going to ban abortion any more than they are going to ban guns, but that doesn't stop liberal paranoia. If anything, guns are more threatened. It's just funny how we get labeled as "gun freaks" when we defend our rights, even if there is only a vague possibility that they are being threatened whereas liberals see themselves as advocates.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

I said no one wants too!?

I said Biden didn't want too and neither does this administration

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Simply put

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting motherslove82:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)