Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Is John McCain an angry Vietnam Vet having flashbacks or is Chris Matthews displaying typical progressive intolerance?

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:33 AM
  • 20 Replies

Liberal anchor Chris Matthews on Friday stooped to new low, smearing John McCain as an "angry" Vietnam veteran who is having a "flashback." Resorting to the cheapest of stereotypes, the Hardball host attempted to explain why McCain so aggressively opposed Chuck Hagel's nomination to be Secretary of Defense.

Matthews opened the show by sneering, "Why is John McCain so angry? Forty years after the Vietnam POWs came home, the most famous of them is angrier than ever." Regarding Thursday's congressional hearings, the journalist asserted that Vietnam "flashbacks must haunt still the mind and heart of John Sidney McCain." Dredging up the cliches of the unstable Vietnam veteran, Matthews declared, "...But I'm absolutely convinced we're watching a flashback." [See video below. MP3 audio here.]

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whitlock/2013/02/01/disgraceful-chris-matthews-smears-john-mccain-angry-vietnam-vet-havi#ixzz2JkDjBPnu
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pvtjokerus
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:18 AM
2 moms liked this

This is disgusting.  Matthews is a real .......nevermind.  The guy is a first class jerk!

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:36 AM
3 moms liked this

I would say a sad, angry man trying to hold onto any relevance

soonergirl980
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Chris Matthews is a disgusting human being surely he can come up with something better than this.

mikiemom
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:25 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't respect John McCain at all, his recent choices tell me he is not quite well. I do believe he is an angry vietnam vet. I didn't vote for him because I was concerned about the lasting impact of the torture he suffered when he was a POW.

denise3680
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:05 AM
2 moms liked this

I do not know if him being angry has anything to do with being a vet, but he is an angry resentful hold a grudge type of person.  I think he is still pissed that he will go down in history as the first white guy to lose the highest office int he land to a black guy:/  plus picked a halfwit as a running mate:/  JMO:)

SweetChild63
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this

McCain is an angry, bitter old man. He hasn't been relavent since the 90s. 

JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:17 PM
What an awful and disrespectful thing to say. SMH.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:30 PM
4 moms liked this

Chris Matthews is a complete ass.  No wonder the only gig he can get is on the bottom feeder of all so called news stations.  Your attacks on MCain are sad and pathetic.  I don't always agree with him, because sometimes he is not conservative enough for me.....but I certainly respect the man.

Did any of you even watch the confirmation hearings?  Hagel couldn't give a straight answer to any of the questions.  When asked what his policy was for Iran, Hagel said it was the same as the president's....containment.  Then within a minute, he spoke up and said, after reading a note someone handed him, something to the effect that we wouldn't allow that to happen.  Then when they asked him about what would be the effect of sequestration on the State Dept, he was totally flummoxed.  He didn't have an answer.  In other words, he has no idea in his pea brain on where to start making cuts in his budget.  The guy is a total incompetent.  Obama wants him, because he will be able to completely control this guy. 

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:05 PM
3 moms liked this

Right - It's not that Hagel did a disastrous job in his hearing.

It's not that John McCain, a military veteran who ALWAYS takes a strong supportive stance on the military, actually cares that the Secretary of Defense have a clue about defense.

It's that John McCain is having a flashback from his POW days 40 years ago - that just happened to come out during Hagel's hearing, but not any other time. Remember, Democrats used to LIKE McCain, because he at times sided with them instead of Republicans. Except when he sides with Republicans.

Is it going to kill Chris Matthews to admit that Hagel absolutely STUNK in that hearing and appeared to demonstrate he has no earthly idea what is involved with the position or the Defense Dept.? Better to find out now rather than later if he were in the position.

Maybe Chris is having that thrill up his leg again - and doesn't realize why most people don't.

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:32 PM
5 moms liked this

I see a few on here are as low and pathetic and Matthews.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)