Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Is John McCain an angry Vietnam Vet having flashbacks or is Chris Matthews displaying typical progressive intolerance?

Posted by   + Show Post

Liberal anchor Chris Matthews on Friday stooped to new low, smearing John McCain as an "angry" Vietnam veteran who is having a "flashback." Resorting to the cheapest of stereotypes, the Hardball host attempted to explain why McCain so aggressively opposed Chuck Hagel's nomination to be Secretary of Defense.

Matthews opened the show by sneering, "Why is John McCain so angry? Forty years after the Vietnam POWs came home, the most famous of them is angrier than ever." Regarding Thursday's congressional hearings, the journalist asserted that Vietnam "flashbacks must haunt still the mind and heart of John Sidney McCain." Dredging up the cliches of the unstable Vietnam veteran, Matthews declared, "...But I'm absolutely convinced we're watching a flashback." [See video below. MP3 audio here.]

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whitlock/2013/02/01/disgraceful-chris-matthews-smears-john-mccain-angry-vietnam-vet-havi#ixzz2JkDjBPnu
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:33 AM
Replies (11-20):
29again
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

I would say a sad, angry man trying to hold onto any relevance

Yes, I agree.  Chris Matthews is trying to hold onto his relevance.  It is sad to see how low he has been relegated to on the influential list of journalists.

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:37 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting mikiemom:

I don't respect John McCain at all, his recent choices tell me he is not quite well. I do believe he is an angry vietnam vet. I didn't vote for him because I was concerned about the lasting impact of the torture he suffered when he was a POW.

You wouldn't last 6 months in a concentration camp....

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:43 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting grandmab125:

Chris Matthews is a complete ass.  No wonder the only gig he can get is on the bottom feeder of all so called news stations.  Your attacks on MCain are sad and pathetic.  I don't always agree with him, because sometimes he is not conservative enough for me.....but I certainly respect the man.

Did any of you even watch the confirmation hearings?  Hagel couldn't give a straight answer to any of the questions.  When asked what his policy was for Iran, Hagel said it was the same as the president's....containment.  Then within a minute, he spoke up and said, after reading a note someone handed him, something to the effect that we wouldn't allow that to happen.  Then when they asked him about what would be the effect of sequestration on the State Dept, he was totally flummoxed.  He didn't have an answer.  In other words, he has no idea in his pea brain on where to start making cuts in his budget.  The guy is a total incompetent.  Obama wants him, because he will be able to completely control this guy. 

I agree completely + Obama relishes a Republican working in his admin. It's all about control & in your face to the Republicans.

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:56 PM
McCain in 2000 said he would make Hagel his sec of defense

Quoting grandmab125:

Chris Matthews is a complete ass.  No wonder the only gig he can get is on the bottom feeder of all so called news stations.  Your attacks on MCain are sad and pathetic.  I don't always agree with him, because sometimes he is not conservative enough for me.....but I certainly respect the man.

Did any of you even watch the confirmation hearings?  Hagel couldn't give a straight answer to any of the questions.  When asked what his policy was for Iran, Hagel said it was the same as the president's....containment.  Then within a minute, he spoke up and said, after reading a note someone handed him, something to the effect that we wouldn't allow that to happen.  Then when they asked him about what would be the effect of sequestration on the State Dept, he was totally flummoxed.  He didn't have an answer.  In other words, he has no idea in his pea brain on where to start making cuts in his budget.  The guy is a total incompetent.  Obama wants him, because he will be able to completely control this guy. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Says who? You?

Something that you just made up and not based on fact?? Lol

Nope, he nominates people he thinks will be a good fit

Republicans won't work across the aisle when they are in charge..this president loves the country more than that

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting grandmab125:

I agree completely + Obama relishes a Republican working in his admin. It's all about control & in your face to the Republicans.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Susan0805
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:59 PM
3 moms liked this
I like John Mccain and I've met him before... What a douche that chris mathews is....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soonergirl980
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:01 PM
3 moms liked this

In 2000 Hagel had not spoken about people supposedly being afraid of the Jewish lobby, supported Iran, and bash the US to middle eastern reporters. Did you not watch the news from 2001-2012? Cause you know a lot of stuff happened in that time frame.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting grandmab125:

SweetChild63
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:18 PM

If I had been Hagel in those hearings when that idiot Lidnesy Graham asked which senator was intimated by the jewish lobby, I would have "you senator, top the list."

I'm sick and tired of the US jumping through hoops for Isreal... or any middle eastern country. 

Quoting soonergirl980:

In 2000 Hagel had not spoken about people supposedly being afraid of the Jewish lobby, supported Iran, and bash the US to middle eastern reporters. Did you not watch the news from 2001-2012? Cause you know a lot of stuff happened in that time frame.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting grandmab125:

grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Stop repeating yourself.  You obviously know nothing about Hagel, and you obviously didn't watch even five minutes of the confirmation hearings.  You just found that one little thingie, and "wow" McCain's a liar, because he once liked Hagel.

As others have told you, that was 13 years ago, before Hagel stood against the surge in Iran, came out with his Jewish lobby snide remarks, which he couldn't and wouldn't support during the hearings, dissed us to the mid east press, etc.  Hell, that was before 9/11.  Then fumbled his way through the hearings when he couldn't answer any direct questions by Senators in his own party.

And yes, Obama is a control freak.  This guy is weak, and will do whatever Obama wants him to do.  At least for a while Hilary had some balls until she got her hand slapped for saying that Mexico was the new Columbia, i.e., biggest drug trafficing country in the world.  That didn't suit Obama's agenda because it could cost him some Latino votes, so he yanked her chain, and brought her back in line.

Instead of copying and pasting your responses from something you googled or repeating your same uninformed answers, try doing a little research before you respond to a poster.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting grandmab125:

grandma B

susan115
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Chris Mattews is just an angry person and resorting to bylines to help pay for his very, very comfortable future.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN