Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

How to Talk About Latinos Without Sounding Like Racists Jerks – GOP Training Document Leaked (Video)

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:33 AM
  • 49 Replies
1 mom liked this

How to Talk About Latinos Without Sounding Like Racists Jerks – GOP Training Document Leaked (Video)

AATTP GOP Immigration
Since the Susan B. Anthony list, an organization dedicated to restrictinghealth care for women, recently launched a training program to help teach Republicans how to talk about rape without sounding like ignorant misogynists, GOP leadership has apparently decided they need sensitivity training for their members in other areas too.  A leaked document shows that party members have received a letter from the GOP’s Hispanic Leadership Network that explains how to speak about Latinos while discussing immigrationreform.

A few “Dos and Don’ts” in the document include:

• When speaking about possible temporary visas, residence and citizenship  for those now here illegally, DO use the phrase, “earn legal status.”  DO NOT use the phrase, “pathway to citizenship.”

• When talking about securing our borders, DO use the warning, “enforcement of our borders includes more border patrol technology and building a fence–where it makes sense.”  DO NOT use phrases like “electric fence,” “build a wall along the entire border” or “send them all back.”

• When talking about immigrants, DO use the term, “undocumented immigrant.”  DO NOT use “illegals,” “aliens” or “anchor babies.”

The obvious question though is, if you have so many insensitive idiots in your political party that you have to provide training in basic humanity like, “How to speak about rape without sounding like a sexist pig” and “How to talk about Latinos without sounding like racist scumbags,” do you think maybe the problems runs a little deeper than something like “sensitivity training” can fix?  We sure think so, but we all know the TEApublicans are only pretending to care all of the sudden because they got their asses handed to them in November– largely due to the fact that they have aliened just about everyone who’s not an old, rich white male–anyway.

Watch the video: LINK

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mikiemom
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:51 AM

every latino person I know, and I live in a high latino area, is a legal citizen. Most of the families have been in country as long as my family (ie before white people got here). I read this earlier on facebook. They aren't going to be able to hide their racism.  

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Me too yet they are ASSUMED to be illegal by many...so sad

I agree, if they need a memo and video on how to not sound racist....they probablu are racist and cannot hide it

Quoting mikiemom:

every latino person I know, and I live in a high latino area, is a legal citizen. Most of the families have been in country as long as my family (ie before white people got here). I read this earlier on facebook. They aren't going to be able to hide their racism.  

LIMom1105
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:41 AM
2 moms liked this
And they wonder why they don't have broad support among Latinos.

Remember the electric fence discussion at one of the Republican debates? They were all boasting they would build the biggest, baddest fence.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mama2beautiesnb
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:48 AM
3 moms liked this
I live in northern oklahoma. In my small town alone id say about 6 out of 10 mexicans are here illegally. And around here they get the better jobs. Construction, farm work, and so forth. They get paid under the table. It really sucks because the unemployment rate here is extremely high. And yes i would know about these things. Dh owns and runs a very small construction business and they all know whats what around here. The illegals who are paid under the table are for some reason proud of it and brag about it quite often. Just because things arent a problem where you live doesnt mean it isnt other places.
sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:56 AM
The good jobs?

You do know they pay them hardly anything ...

Some states have hundreds of farm job openings because of the crackdown on illegal immigration but Ameridans won't do the job..

Quoting mama2beautiesnb:

I live in northern oklahoma. In my small town alone id say about 6 out of 10 mexicans are here illegally. And around here they get the better jobs. Construction, farm work, and so forth. They get paid under the table. It really sucks because the unemployment rate here is extremely high. And yes i would know about these things. Dh owns and runs a very small construction business and they all know whats what around here. The illegals who are paid under the table are for some reason proud of it and brag about it quite often. Just because things arent a problem where you live doesnt mean it isnt other places.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
denise3680
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mama2beautiesnb:

I am sorry but I have to ask, your husband runs and owns his business, so does he hire illegals and does he pay them under the table?  If that is the case is he not contributing to the problem of unemployment in your area?  Does he have jobs outside of your area and then does he pay wages to those he hires to help with the unemployment?  Is the problem with the unemployment in your area because no one wants to do the dirty back breaking intense low paying job of working in the fields?  Seems to me if there are those jobs and some one needed a job then they would be willing to do just about anything to do it?  I am not trying to be snarky, I am curious about your position on this, I have heard this argument before and would really like to hear it from a person who lives in a area like that.

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Sounds like someone needs to turn her husband in for breaking the law

How unamerican to hire illegals under the table ..
Quoting denise3680:

Quoting mama2beautiesnb:

I am sorry but I have to ask, your husband runs and owns his business, so does he hire illegals and does he pay them under the table?  If that is the case is he not contributing to the problem of unemployment in your area?  Does he have jobs outside of your area and then does he pay wages to those he hires to help with the unemployment?  Is the problem with the unemployment in your area because no one wants to do the dirty back breaking intense low paying job of working in the fields?  Seems to me if there are those jobs and some one needed a job then they would be willing to do just about anything to do it?  I am not trying to be snarky, I am curious about your position on this, I have heard this argument before and would really like to hear it from a person who lives in a area like that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2beautiesnb
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Quoting sweet-a-kins:

you wish they got paid nothing. They almost all get 10 an hour and above around here. Again, we know these people, so we know these things.
mama2beautiesnb
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Quoting denise3680:
no he does not hire illegals. Its him, his father, and 2 of their friends. No one is illegal. No one is paid under the table. Try again. Oh and yes people are more than willing to get their hands dirty. This is oklahoma after all. We were built on hard work and dirt. The thing is they hire the illegals because even though they pay 10 and more they dont have to give benefits or cut paychecks which cost them to do.
sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:09 AM
I don't believe you

But say you are being honest

Why are you ok with your husband breaking the law!?

How very unameican to discriminate against Americans to hire "illegals" ...someone should report him, he's a criminal

Quoting mama2beautiesnb:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

you wish they got paid nothing. They almost all get 10 an hour and above around here. Again, we know these people, so we know these things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)