Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

How to Talk About Latinos Without Sounding Like Racists Jerks – GOP Training Document Leaked (Video)

Posted by   + Show Post

How to Talk About Latinos Without Sounding Like Racists Jerks – GOP Training Document Leaked (Video)

AATTP GOP Immigration
Since the Susan B. Anthony list, an organization dedicated to restrictinghealth care for women, recently launched a training program to help teach Republicans how to talk about rape without sounding like ignorant misogynists, GOP leadership has apparently decided they need sensitivity training for their members in other areas too.  A leaked document shows that party members have received a letter from the GOP’s Hispanic Leadership Network that explains how to speak about Latinos while discussing immigrationreform.

A few “Dos and Don’ts” in the document include:

• When speaking about possible temporary visas, residence and citizenship  for those now here illegally, DO use the phrase, “earn legal status.”  DO NOT use the phrase, “pathway to citizenship.”

• When talking about securing our borders, DO use the warning, “enforcement of our borders includes more border patrol technology and building a fence–where it makes sense.”  DO NOT use phrases like “electric fence,” “build a wall along the entire border” or “send them all back.”

• When talking about immigrants, DO use the term, “undocumented immigrant.”  DO NOT use “illegals,” “aliens” or “anchor babies.”

The obvious question though is, if you have so many insensitive idiots in your political party that you have to provide training in basic humanity like, “How to speak about rape without sounding like a sexist pig” and “How to talk about Latinos without sounding like racist scumbags,” do you think maybe the problems runs a little deeper than something like “sensitivity training” can fix?  We sure think so, but we all know the TEApublicans are only pretending to care all of the sudden because they got their asses handed to them in November– largely due to the fact that they have aliened just about everyone who’s not an old, rich white male–anyway.

Watch the video: LINK

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:33 AM
Replies (41-49):
Carpy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Looks to me like she did a good job answering your question.  You just didn't like the answer.

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting mama2beautiesnb:

have you ever met an oklahoma country boy/man?????? if not, i understand your ignorance. yes, the farmers and such would rather hire an illegal to pay under table than to hire someone else and have to pay taxes cutting a paycheck. and i have never met an oklahoma man who thought hard work was below them. in fact, ive met more looking for farm/field/construction work because they love hard work and getting their hands dirty. smh... if you cant understand that, then idk what to do about ur ignorance of my proud hardworking state.

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting mama2beautiesnb:

Quoting denise3680:

they would still take the job without the benefits.

So please explain to me why they are not taking them.  Are you implying that these farmers would rather hire foreign born people rather than Americans?  or is it that Americans would not work without labor unions, fair pay for hard work, reasonable wages or competitive pay, that they will not work under the table because then they would not be able to file taxes, maybe because most Americans feel working int he fields is beneath them and there for would rather complain about some one else taking something they don't want in the first place. 

I see your immaturity in a debate or discussion has clouded your ability to think rationally, but to each his own.  I fail to see how me asking you questions is ignorant, it appears ignorance is one that cannot answer without getting testy, have a good day:/

denise3680
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Quoting Carpy:

Looks to me like she did a good job answering your question.  You just didn't like the answer.

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting mama2beautiesnb:

have you ever met an oklahoma country boy/man?????? if not, i understand your ignorance. yes, the farmers and such would rather hire an illegal to pay under table than to hire someone else and have to pay taxes cutting a paycheck. and i have never met an oklahoma man who thought hard work was below them. in fact, ive met more looking for farm/field/construction work because they love hard work and getting their hands dirty. smh... if you cant understand that, then idk what to do about ur ignorance of my proud hardworking state.

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting mama2beautiesnb:

Quoting denise3680:

So please explain to me why they are not taking them.  Are you implying that these farmers would rather hire foreign born people rather than Americans?  or is it that Americans would not work without labor unions, fair pay for hard work, reasonable wages or competitive pay, that they will not work under the table because then they would not be able to file taxes, maybe because most Americans feel working int he fields is beneath them and there for would rather complain about some one else taking something they don't want in the first place. 

I see your immaturity in a debate or discussion has clouded your ability to think rationally, but to each his own.  I fail to see how me asking you questions is ignorant, it appears ignorance is one that cannot answer without getting testy, have a good day:/

it amazes me how you always have something to say and really say nothing at all:/  She did not answer anything just made some sweeping allegations and nothing more.

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:30 PM

If you say so.

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting Carpy:

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting mama2beautiesnb:

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting mama2beautiesnb:

Quoting denise3680:

it amazes me how you always have something to say and really say nothing at all:/  She did not answer anything just made some sweeping allegations and nothing more.

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Quoting mama2beautiesnb:

Quoting SweetChild63:

no, i just do not have aquaintances or friends that are criminals. We know ppl who do employ illegals and why they do it, we dont choose to associate ourselves with them.

and you also don't choose to turn them, showing your support for the practice

mama2beautiesnb
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:52 PM
Quoting sweet-a-kins:

awe how sweet, youre ASSuming things again instead of asking. We have turned ppl in. More than a few times. They get fined and dont care.
sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Quoting mama2beautiesnb:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

awe how sweet, youre ASSuming things again instead of asking. We have turned ppl in. More than a few times. They get fined and dont care.

Don't believe you

mama2beautiesnb
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting sweet-a-kins:

please do us all a big favor and grow up....
sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Quoting mama2beautiesnb:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

plenty grown, I just don't believe all the BS said on the internet, if you do thats your issue

mama2beautiesnb
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this
dont forget believing everything the media has to say.... if you think you act grown then im sorry, but you need a reality check.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting mama2beautiesnb:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

plenty grown, I just don't believe all the BS said on the internet, if you do thats your issue

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)