Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

"Responsible" expert sniper put gun in the hand of his own murder

Posted by   + Show Post

GLEN ROSE — Two people were killed Saturday at a gun range in Erath County.

Three sources tell News 8 that one of the victims was Chris Kyle, a former Navy SEAL and author of the New York Times bestselling book, "American Sniper."

Kyle was shot point-blank while helping another soldier who is recovering from post traumatic stress syndrome, News 8 learned.

An alert was issued for the suspect, who was believed to be driving a black Ford F-350 truck with large tires and rims.

Police have reportedly captured the suspect in Lancaster, south of Dallas. The suspect was believed to be highly trained with military experience

The shooting location is 53 miles southwest of Fort Worth.

"American Sniper" was published last year, and details Kyle's 150-plus kills of insurgents from 1999 to 2009. The book's cover refers to Kyle as "the most lethal sniper in U.S. military history," with 160 confirmed kills.

Kyle, 39, was born in Odessa, Texas and was using a rifle at the age of 8, according to his book.

He served four tours of duty in Iraq and was twice wounded by gunfire.

Kyle left the Navy in 2009 and was president of Craft International, which provides training to military and law enforcement professionals.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/rough-creek-189536271.html

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Replies (21-29):
Fields456
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:20 AM
3 moms liked this
I think we should focus on mental health treatments and cracking down on criminals first cause until then the ones who want to do
Harm will find a way.

Quoting SweetChild63:

Get guns off the street, and then we can focus on the rest. 

Quoting jcrew6:

Or, are you wanting to focus just on guns and not other ways people die in this country? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I do too

Quoting 29again:

Quoting Farmlady09:

The man who shot Kyle and another man ~ both in the back ~ was a fellow soldier suffering from PTSD.

You're no better than the sick freaks using children to try and take away people's rights. Both Sandy Hook and this incident were the end result of a person who needed mental health treathment. The gun/s don't mean squat ... and as far as I can tell, tho lives of those children, the teachers, or these soldiers means squat to you. All of them are nothing more than a means to an end for you. The fact that all three of those men risked their lives for someone as unworthy of American freedoms and rights as you are truly sickens me.

clapping    I absolutely concur with this assessment!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mysty_1961
by New Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:05 AM
6 moms liked this

We need to look at banning pick-up trucks, especially with large tires and rims.  If the shooter had no means to get to the shooting range this would not have happened.

Farmlady09
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:07 AM
2 moms liked this

... or limit the size of gas tanks to 5 gallons or less so the cops don't have to chase them as far.

Quoting Mysty_1961:

We need to look at banning pick-up trucks, especially with large tires and rims.  If the shooter had no means to get to the shooting range this would not have happened.

pinkysmommy720
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:19 AM
6 moms liked this

Chris was a great friend, father, and husband.  He would give you the shirt off his back if he had to and was always there for anyone who needed him. He was trying to help this guy turn his life around and heal. That is the kind of guy he was.  All three men involved where from my hometown and I went to school with Chris. We can't blame this on a gun. The acussed knew what he was doing. He admitted it not only to police, but to his family before he was caught by police.

LuvmyAiden
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:32 AM
4 moms liked this

Using the death of an American hero to defend your stance on gun control is sick. He was HELPING vets with issues the way he knew how. He wanted nothing but to give back to his fellow vets who this administration couldn't care less about. The military and firearms communities, not to mention those close to him, are devastated over his passing and you come here and use it as fodder for debate. Does it even occur to you that this man is a real person? Of course not. The loss of a husband and father and hero to many just means your ideas on gun control are correct, right?

DSamuels
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Obama is on this already he wants everyone in electric cars. You know, the ones with about a 50 mile range as long as you don't use the heater, a/c, radio. Of course after everyone pays their skyrocketing electric bills made even larger by charging your car, you won't be able to afford any guns or ammo, especially if they tax ammo.

Quoting Farmlady09:

... or limit the size of gas tanks to 5 gallons or less so the cops don't have to chase them as far.

Quoting Mysty_1961:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Farmlady09
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:31 PM
2 moms liked this

Obama can pucker up and pick a cheek ~ I've got solar power, and I'm perfectly capable of hitching up a team of horses, mules, OR goats to a buggy and driving anywhere I want without buying his darn electric OR paying the high gas prices he's managed to gift us with. A lot of people in my area are doing the very same things because they are just as fed up as DH and I as far as how much it costs to just exist from day to day ... and we prefer actually living and being able to pursue that happiness just like the Constitution says we may.

Quoting DSamuels:

Obama is on this already he wants everyone in electric cars. You know, the ones with about a 50 mile range as long as you don't use the heater, a/c, radio. Of course after everyone pays their skyrocketing electric bills made even larger by charging your car, you won't be able to afford any guns or ammo, especially if they tax ammo.

Quoting Farmlady09:

Quoting Mysty_1961:

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this

So do I.

Quoting 29again:

Quoting Farmlady09:

The man who shot Kyle and another man ~ both in the back ~ was a fellow soldier suffering from PTSD.

You're no better than the sick freaks using children to try and take away people's rights. Both Sandy Hook and this incident were the end result of a person who needed mental health treathment. The gun/s don't mean squat ... and as far as I can tell, tho lives of those children, the teachers, or these soldiers means squat to you. All of them are nothing more than a means to an end for you. The fact that all three of those men risked their lives for someone as unworthy of American freedoms and rights as you are truly sickens me.

clapping    I absolutely concur with this assessment!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN