Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Yet again, Obama on track to miss budget deadline

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:25 AM
  • 30 Replies
1 mom liked this
The Budget Act requires the president to submit his budget on the first Monday of February, and gives Congress until April 15 to pass its own blueprint for taxes and spending, though Capitol Hill is often worse than the White House. The Senate hasn't even passed a budget since 2009, which means Congress as a whole hasn't met its deadline in three years.
One problem is that the Budget Act of 1974 doesn't include any punishments for missing deadlines.
To solve that, Congress last week sent Mr. Obama a bill that required both chambers to pass budgets by April 15 or else lawmakers' salaries will be withheld until they do. The measure still falls short of existing law because it doesn't require the House and Senate to agree on final blueprints.
Mr. Obama missed his budget deadline every year but 2010.

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
29again
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:36 AM
4 moms liked this

He made it 1 year out of 5.   Not very good odds.  But quite representative of the leadership we have received from him.

4kidz916
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:39 AM
4 moms liked this

Sounds typical of this administration.

gsprofval
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

The whiney crybaby didn't get his way again so he just didn't turn in his homework AGAIN--he's flunking at his job and should be out of office.

jcrew6
by Jenney on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:57 AM
3 moms liked this
Our nation lacks a leader. This is one example of several.
little.worthen
by Tess on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with pp's
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mikiemom
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Ya'll have no clue what this entire process entails -bitch all you want.

jcrew6
by Jenney on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:11 AM
4 moms liked this
Quoting mikiemom:

Why has Obama failed at this process more so than any other President? Perhaps, it is Obama who has no clue. Face the facts. Obama lacks the ability to lead this nation. In doing what is required of him (submitting a budget on time). In areas like the almighty Jobs Council he formed... And failed.
jcrew6
by Jenney on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting mikiemom:

And isn't it y'all, not ya'll?
JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:37 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting mikiemom:

I have a pretty good idea.  I took a mock congress class in college (I was Ileana Ros-Lehtinen from Florida).  If we didn't pass a budget, we all failed the class.  It was, literally, the only requirement in the class.

After the last 6 months (and four years) he should have  a pretty good idea of what kind of a budget he would like to submit.  I really can't think of a good reason why he wouldn't.

mikiemom
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Taking a college class is nothing like passing a budge for the Entire United States, which doesn't exactly follow what you are taught in school.

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

Quoting mikiemom:

I have a pretty good idea.  I took a mock congress class in college (I was Ileana Ros-Lehtinen from Florida).  If we didn't pass a budget, we all failed the class.  It was, literally, the only requirement in the class.

After the last 6 months (and four years) he should have  a pretty good idea of what kind of a budget he would like to submit.  I really can't think of a good reason why he wouldn't.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)