Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Republicans Thinking About 2016 Need Heads 'Examined'

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:32 AM
  • 35 Replies

Bobby Jindal: Republicans Thinking About 2016 Need Heads 'Examined'

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal (R) brushed off speculation about the 2016 presidential race on Monday, saying that any Republican already considering a bid needs to get his or her "head examined."

"Anybody on the Republican side even thinking or talking about running for president in 2016, I've said, needs to get their head examined," Jindal said during an appearance on "Fox and Friends." "And the reason I say that is, we've lost two presidential elections in a row, we need to be winning the debate of ideas-- then we'll win elections."

Jindal continued, "We're not winning the conversation, we're not presenting our ideas, we're not in that debate as well as we should be."

Jindal, whom many consider to be a likely contender in the next Republican presidential primary, said that it's too early to start 2016 chatter.

"The country doesn't need four years of non-stop presidential -- we just inaugurated a new term of this president's second term," Jindal said.

Instead, Jindal believes the party should focus on examining where the party went wrong during the 2012 cycle.

"We as Republicans need to reject identity politics, reject this divisiveness, and instead appeal to what really unites us as Americans," Jindal said.

In the months since the election, Jindal has emerged as a vocal critic of his own party.

"We've got to stop being the stupid party," Jindal said during a speech at the Republican National Committee's winter meeting last month. "It's time for a new Republican Party that talks like adults... We had a number of Republicans damage the brand this year with offensive and bizarre comments. I'm here to say we've had enough of that."

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
erika9009
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I like how honest he is about it.

It's obvious all the Karl Roves and the like are done with.  If a person hires any of the old guys, they deserve to loose

LIMom1105
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting erika9009:

It's obvious all the Karl Roves and the like are done with.  If a person hires any of the old guys, they deserve to loose

Agreed. I'm not so sure 2016 is a complete wash for them, but as he says, there needs to be some serious change in the conversation Republicans have with the American public.

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Quoting LIMom1105:

Quoting erika9009:

Agreed. I'm not so sure 2016 is a complete wash for them, but as he says, there needs to be some serious change in the conversation Republicans have with the American public.

They have about 2.5 years to fix the THOUGHT process so they can get someone worthy of running most elections are starting out with a list of candidates 2 years out now.

The leadership of the party has to get on board though

minyerva
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Republicans are just paycheck conservatives. They are not a true opposition of the left, to remain getting their pay checks, they must remain a respectable opposition, therefore never really opposing the left. 

The Republicans told us that famous line throughout these past elections 'Its not about race!', well that blew up in their face, because even having the majority of the White vote in the USA, that was still not enough for them to win.

So what is that telling you??? The majority in this country is non-White. We are being FLOODED with millions of non-White immigrants and we never got to vote on that. Now WE are being told to be tolerant. 

Why is the government so anti-White?

soonergirl980
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:59 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree with him. There is much more to worry about right now than who is running in 2016

JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting minyerva:

Republicans are just paycheck conservatives. They are not a true opposition of the left, to remain getting their pay checks, they must remain a respectable opposition, therefore never really opposing the left. 

The Republicans told us that famous line throughout these past elections 'Its not about race!', well that blew up in their face, because even having the majority of the White vote in the USA, that was still not enough for them to win.

So what is that telling you??? The majority in this country is non-White. We are being FLOODED with millions of non-White immigrants and we never got to vote on that. Now WE are being told to be tolerant. 

The government is not anti-white.  I hope you don't truly believe that.  It's a silly thing to believe.

mikiemom
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I think in order for the repbulican party to win any elections they need to really rethink their strategy. They need to stop pandering to the christian right, they need to stop treating all hispanics like criminals. Do you realize there are people of hispanic decent whose families have been in this country just as long as most of the people screaming about Hispanic immigrants? They need to get out our bedrooms and vagina's and stop with the sexist racist hatred agenda.

mikiemom
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Quoting minyerva:

Republicans are just paycheck conservatives. They are not a true opposition of the left, to remain getting their pay checks, they must remain a respectable opposition, therefore never really opposing the left. What does this even mean? What do you think should be the focus of the GOP for the upcoming elections?

The Republicans told us that famous line throughout these past elections 'Its not about race!', well that blew up in their face, because even having the majority of the White vote in the USA, that was still not enough for them to win. OMG what the hell are you going to do if the democrats have a white candidate for 2016 - will your head explode because you won't be able to hate him for his race.

So what is that telling you??? The majority in this country is non-White. We are being FLOODED with millions of non-White immigrants and we never got to vote on that. Now WE are being told to be tolerant. Wow Racist much. So what you don't think non-white people can be conservative?

Why is the government so anti-White? No words for this ignorance.

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Quoting minyerva:

Well now...

If you don't like America, leave. America has ALWAYS been a nation of IMMIGRANTS...you just don't like them now because they are BROWN?

AMERICAN CITIZENS vote for the POTUS.... MILLIONS of all races voted for Barack Obama...and it had NOTHING TO DO WITH RACE.

as for you being tolerant, what gives you more say than anyone else?

Please provide one example of our anti white government...I'll wait

nanaofsix531
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:44 PM
2 moms liked this

Unless they get rid of the tea party they are toast.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)