Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

They Are Coming for Your Birth Control: Radio Host Claims Your Womb is Full of Tiny Dead Baby Corpses

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:23 AM
  • 15 Replies

They Are Coming for Your Birth Control: Radio Host Claims Your Womb is Full of Tiny Dead Baby Corpses

Author image

by Robin Marty, Senior Political Reporter, RH Reality Check

February 1, 2013 - 9:10pm 

Kevin Swanson. (Addicting Info)

Think that anti-choice politicians and activists aren't trying to outlaw contraception? Think again. Follow along in an ongoing series that proves beyond a doubt that they really are coming for your birth control.

Sometimes, I like to add a little commentary to these "hey, they really want to take away your birth control" posts. But it is possible that we've finally found one to which, literally, no additional comment can be made.

Via RightwingWatch, it seems that talk show host Kevin Swanson has talked to "some doctors" who believe that if you take birth control, tiny little dead babies are simply hanging around, embedded into the lining of your womb.

Swanson: I’m beginning to get some evidence from certain doctors and certain scientists that have done research on women’s wombs after they’ve gone through the surgery, and they’ve compared the wombs of women who were on the birth control pill to those who were not on the birth control pill. And they have found that with women who are on the birth control pill, there are these little tiny fetuses, these little babies, that are embedded into the womb. They’re just like dead babies. They’re on the inside of the womb. And these wombs of women who have been on the birth control pill effectively have become graveyards for lots and lots of little babies.

Now, I'm not usually one to feel the need to go all Biology 101 and point out that even if somehow there were tiny mini babies stuck in your uterus, they would come out when you menstruate since THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF MENSTRUATION. Because obviously, whatever school Swanson attended must have not only skipped over the entirety of sex ed, but likely a full spectrum of basic science classes as well.

Oh, wait. He was homeschooled. And now he is a leader in the homeschool movement. And his radio show is "the world’s largest homeschooling and Biblical worldview program that reaches families across the US and in over 80 countries."

So, hold onto your pills, folks, because Swanson and his ilk are coming for your birthcontrol, as well as your right to an education that allows you to comprehend basic bodily functions.

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pema_Jampa
by 2HotTacoTini on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:25 AM

He means his brain obviously.

joyfullem
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Why attack homeschoolers because somebody is an idiot and was homschooled?  I homeschool, I was homeschooled and I do not believe in hormonal BC BUT I know that even if it were killing fertilized eggs they wouldn't be mini dead babies lol they would be embryos with no bones, organs or the like. 

nanaofsix531
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:39 AM

LOL The crazies never stop coming out of the woodwork do they?

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

bluerooffarm
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Yep, the public school system has never graduated anyone this abyssmally unlearned in Biology.  <Dripping in sarcasm>

He's an idiot, but that's no reason to condemn all homeschoolers.  Way to paint with a very broad brush.

Pema_Jampa
by 2HotTacoTini on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:44 AM

None of it surprises me anymore. I just except some crazy stuff to be said on a daily basis. Always good for a laugh.

Quoting nanaofsix531:

LOL The crazies never stop coming out of the woodwork do they?

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Another idiot. Does not represent, and is not by any stretch the spokesman for, conservatives. Just as liberals have idiots that don't represent their views. An equal opportunity mental condition. For liberals as well.

A bizarre anecdote has no relation to the actual conservative movement and its members.

And I know you know you are just trying to stir up controversy and hatred of liberals toward conservatives. You can disingenuously pat yourself on the back. And a slow clap for you.

nanaofsix531
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Well thank you so much.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Another idiot. Does not represent, and is not by any stretch the spokesman for, conservatives. Just as liberals have idiots that don't represent their views. An equal opportunity mental condition. For liberals as well.

A bizarre anecdote has no relation to the actual conservative movement and its members.

And I know you know you are just trying to stir up controversy and hatred of liberals toward conservatives. You can disingenuously pat yourself on the back. And a slow clap for you.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:11 PM

No problem - you are very welcome.

Quoting nanaofsix531:

Well thank you so much.

Quoting SallyMJ:

rccmom
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think he is that stupid because he was home schooled. Plenty of stupid people come out of public schools too. I have known some very intelligent homeschooled children.

mikiemom
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Because this man is leading a homeschool movement. I'm sorry but your statement proves why homeschooling is wrong, These poor children never have a chance to learn REAL science - Not all homeschool but the ones who are taught these wacko religious right agendas.

Quoting joyfullem:

Why attack homeschoolers because somebody is an idiot and was homschooled?  I homeschool, I was homeschooled and I do not believe in hormonal BC BUT I know that even if it were killing fertilized eggs they wouldn't be mini dead babies lol they would be embryos with no bones, organs or the like. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)