Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

GEORGE ZIMMERMAN - WHAT THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA DIDN'T TELL US

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:35 AM
  • 315 Replies

Media coverage of the George Zimmerman shooting of Trayvon Martin has been skewed for months by wild charges of racism against George. NBC News infamously edited tape of Zimmerman to make it appear that he thought Martin was suspicious due to his race. They also initially reported incorrectly that Zimmerman is white, when he actually is Hispanic. CNN falsely reported that Zimmerman had used a racial slur during his 911 call. And most news organizations stated that George had shot Martin without provocation, rather than out of self defense after being beaten by Martin, as he told police. George's injuries that night - including two black eyes, a broken nose, and a large bloody gash to the back of his head - appear to corroborate his account to police - but have not been reported by a number of media outlets.

The racism thematic stretched all the way to the White House, with President Obama suggesting that Zimmerman was acting out of racism, since as Obama put it, “If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon.”

The truth is far different. Not only is Zimmerman not a racist – he has a black business partner, has Afro-Peruvian roots, and helps out underprivileged black kids in his neighborhood – he also was a supporter of the very president who would later slander him by innuendo. As Robert, George’s brother, told me, George is “a registered Democrat. He registered as a Hispanic. He kind of did some internal family campaigning for Obama.”

George supported Obama in 2008, Robert explained, because “He was like many young people who thought that the president’s club had been a club of white men since our founding, and that there really wasn’t a good reason for that, except that the right man for the job who happened to be black had not come along, and that electing a man who happened to be biracial or multiracial like we were, would reflect not just a situation that we found ourselves in ethnically in our family, but the reality of where America had come, which is that we are a melting pot of cultures and we are a diverse society.

“Ironically,” Robert added, “the man who he campaigned for within his family was the same man indicting him in a way from the Rose Garden just a few years later.”

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:25 AM
2 moms liked this
1) I wouldn't believe anything they say

2) who cares?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
romalove
by SenseandSensibility on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:09 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

2) who cares?

I'm waiting for them to announce they have cut George and he bleeds black.

LIMom1105
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:31 AM
2 moms liked this
So? Even if he did support Obama, does that exonerate him somehow?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:55 AM
3 moms liked this

Poor Tryvon, fry the bastard.

Mommy_of_Riley
by Just Jess on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:20 AM
3 moms liked this
Okay...

And?

I'm guessing he has "a friend that's black" too...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Um, so what?

nanaofsix531
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:51 AM
6 moms liked this

So?It doesn't change anything.He still killed the kid.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:39 PM
8 moms liked this

Who's "they"?

Why don't you care about getting the truth out there about someone who has been slandered, vilified, and judged outside the courtroom before the trial even occurs? That is outrageously unfair. You would hate if the public did that to you. Yet you are doing the same thing to George Zimmerman.

You do know that George initially, naively ,didn't think it necessary for him to have legal counsel - since he thought it was a slam-dunk case of self-defense. And then the media got hold of this story, and deliberately committed fraud with the evidence and told falsehoods that fit their own narrative of race in America. And because he did not have legal representation, he did not know to combat those early charges. And then all the damage was done to his reputation and presumption of innocence.

Only George isn't white, as the media said, he was severely beaten in the altercation including two black eyes, a broken nose, and a deep bloody gash in the back of his head from hitting the curb, cuts, bruises, and abrasions all over his body. How could he do that to himself? Trayvon Martin had no injuries, except on his hands, consistent with hitting someone. George answered the 911 operator's question whether he could tell the suspect's race; he did not race-bait. (The NBC news reporter edited the 911 operator's statement here.) George said it was "effing cold", since it was raining (he did not call Martin an "effing coon"). Trayvon Martin had a history of crime. George was the captain of his Neighborhood Watch and was investigating a complaint made by a resident. And he had seen Martin in the neighborhood several weeks before this incident. 

What about "innocent until proven guilty"? You and many others are calling him "guilty before being proven innocent"? You would NEVER want the media, the public, elected leaders, celebrities, and even the President who you voted for!, to convict you in the court of public opinion of a crime you did not commit, and falsely accuse you of racism. That might be acceptable in Iran or China, or apartheid South Africa, but is unacceptable, unconstitutional, and grossly unfair in the United States of America. 

You need to extend that same consideration to George. And you need to separate your opinion from the facts - whatever they turn out to be. Unless you are the kind of person who would convict someone like Nelson Mandela based on deliberate falsehoods made by the white minority government.

I thought you were a fair-thinking person. This is very disappointing. You are essentially making George Zimmerman out to be a Walker on The Walking Dead, when he is actually a survivor.  :(

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

2) who cares?

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:44 PM
3 moms liked this

George is a murderer

His family is "they"

Quoting SallyMJ:

Who's "they"?

Why don't you care about getting the truth out there about someone who has been slandered, vilified, and judged outside the courtroom before the trial even occurs? That is outrageously unfair. You would hate if the public did that to you. Yet you are doing the same thing to George Zimmerman.

You do know that George initially, naively ,didn't think it necessary for him to have legal counsel - since he thought he could represent a simple explanation of self-defense. And then the media got hold of this story, and deliberately committed fraud with the evidence and told falsehoods that fit their own narrative of race in America. And because he did not have legal representation, he did not know to combat those early charges. And then all the damage was done to his reputation and presumption of innocence.

Only George isn't white, as the media said, he was severely beaten in the altercation including two black eyes, a broken nose, and a deep bloody gash in the back of his head from hitting the curb, cuts, bruises, and abrasions all over his body. How could he do that to himself? Trayvon Martin had no injuries, except on his hands, consistent with hitting someone. George answered the 911 operator's question whether he could tell the suspect's race; he did not race-bait. (The NBC news reporter edited the 911 operator's statement here.) George said it was "effing cold", since it was raining (he did not call Martin an "effing coon"). Trayvon Martin had a history of crime. George was the captain of his Neighborhood Watch and was investigating a complaint made by a resident. And he had seen Martin in the neighborhood several weeks before this incident. 

What about "innocent until proven guilty"? You and many others are calling him "guilty before being proven innocent"? You would NEVER want the media, the public, elected leaders, celebrities, and even the President who you voted for!, to convict you in the court of public opinion of a crime you did not commit, and falsely accuse you of racism. That might be acceptable in Iran or China, or apartheid South Africa, but is unacceptable, unconstitutional, and grossly unfair in the United States of America. 

You need to extend that same consideration to George. And you need to separate your opinion from the facts - whatever they turn out to be. Unless you are the kind of person who would convict someone like Nelson Mandela based on deliberate falsehoods made by the white minority government.

I thought you were a fair-thinking person. This is very disappointing. You are essentially making George Zimmerman out to be a Walker  The Walking Dead, when he is actually a survivor.  :(

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

2) who cares?

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:50 PM
7 moms liked this

Is that an intentionally racist joke, or an ironic comment on the bias of the media in this case? I could see it as either one.

Actually, if you paid attention, you would know George bleeds red.  Especially from the deep gash on the back of his head. Just as you would if your head hit the curb.

Sounds like you may be biased. And racist. Yikes.

Quoting romalove:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

2) who cares?

I'm waiting for them to announce they have cut George and he bleeds black.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)