Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Time magazine feature "The Republican Savior"

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:48 PM
  • 61 Replies
1 mom liked this

Rubio's response? "There is only one savior, and it is not me. #Jesus" http://huff.to/WTjcvd

His response on twitter was:

"There is only one savior, and it is not me. #Jesus"

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
erika9009
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:03 PM
2 moms liked this

Well, someone needs to step up

It's not like Karl Rove and company can do anything right.   A number of Rubio, Christie and Cruz like candidates would be nice.

rccmom
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow! This must mean all conservatives believe Rubio to be the Savior. Kind of like the Obama cover. Rather sacriligious of them I would say.

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Not too familiar with Cruz but Rubio I can see as a good choice but I wouldn't sleep on Christie. When a party is "down" (2 lost elections) Sometimes you need that energizing figure that still has the principles but can get people's attention.

Him going on Letterman (after years of Lettermans FAT jokes) was genius PR. If I didn't know better I would say he is DEFINATELY running...

He can also get crossover votes. I would say Rubio/Christie ticket but Christie is no one's #2.

It will be interesting to see which way they go..

Quoting erika9009:

It's not like Karl Rove and company can do anything right.   A number of Rubio, Christie and Cruz like candidates would be nice.

erika9009
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Why not sleep on Christie???   He's got a lot of "cushiness"  LOL

bouncing

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Not too familiar with Cruz but Rubio I can see as a good choice but I wouldn't sleep on Christie. When a party is "down" (2 lost elections) Sometimes you need that energizing figure that still has the principles but can get people's attention.

Him going on Letterman (after years of Lettermans FAT jokes) was genius PR. If I didn't know better I would say he is DEFINATELY running...

He can also get crossover votes. I would say Rubio/Christie ticket but Christie is no one's #2.

Quoting erika9009:

Erika..

Children are a blessing and are never inconvenient.............

soonergirl980
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:18 PM
3 moms liked this

I like his response. After this Christie/Obama love fest it's highly unlikely he would get the nod.

rccmom
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I think Christie knows what he is doing and is setting himself up well if he wants run eventually. I also think he would be a good choice.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting erika9009:

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:28 PM

lol

Quoting erika9009:

Why not sleep on Christie???   He's got a lot of "cushiness"  LOL

bouncing

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting erika9009:

nanaofsix531
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:29 PM

I like Christie but can't stand rubio.He is to rick scott for me.

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Rick Scott- puke

Quoting nanaofsix531:

I like Christie but can't stand rubio.He is to rick scott for me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:50 PM
3 moms liked this

The Time Magazine cover prompted Mr. Rubio to tweet this morning:

There is only one savior, and it is not me. 

:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)