Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Panetta: Obama Absent Night of Benghazi

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:45 PM
  • 26 Replies

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta testified this morning on Capitol Hill that President Barack Obama was absent the night four Americans were murdered in Benghazi on September 11, 2012:

Panetta said that Obama left operational details, including knowledge of what resources were available to help the Americans under seize, "up to us."

In fact, Panetta says that the night of 9/11, he did not communicate with a single person at the White House. The attack resulted in the deaths of four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens.

Panetta said that, save their 5 o'clock prescheduled meeting with the president the day of September 11, Obama did not call or communicate in anyway with the defense secretary that day. There were no calls about the what was going on in Benghazi. He never called to check-in.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/panetta-obama-absent-night-benghazi_700405.html

--------------------

Anyone surprised by this? I thought the WH released a picture the night of 9/11. Maybe it was of the 5:00 meeting.

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Wtf does that mean? That he was ABSENT?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DSamuels
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Here's the video

DSamuels
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

He didn't care enough to stay involved with what was happening? He didn't think it was important? Boggles the mind, doesn't it?

From what I heard back when it happened, the president is the ONLY person who can order the troops to respond. 

lylalane7275
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Bump

DSamuels
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Thanks!

Quoting lylalane7275:

Bump

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tooptimistic
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this

That he didnt' care?

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

tnmomofive
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:23 PM
3 moms liked this

He was probably too busy having some high dollar dinner with Michelle.

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:37 PM
2 moms liked this

What a f$cking asshole.

Quoting tooptimistic:

That he didnt' care?

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

....I am only responsible for what I say,NOT for what you understand.....
Bonita131
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Quoting DSamuels:

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

He didn't care enough to stay involved with what was happening? He didn't think it was important? Boggles the mind, doesn't it?

From what I heard back when it happened, the president is the ONLY person who can order the troops to respond. 

Seriously? From what "YOU" heard back?

Are you freaking kidding me?

Jesus christ almighty, 

It's YOU and your Grandiosity that boggles the mind.

Unfreaking believable. .

On Thursday, outgoing Defense Sec. Leon Panetta testified before a Senate committee regarding his knowledge of the events leading up to and immediately following the September 11, 2012, attack on an American consulate in Benghazi, Libya. He testified that he did not receive any communication from the White House on the night of the attack

after initially informing the president of the situation on the ground in North Africa.

Panetta testified that he did speak directly with the president on the night of the attack. He said he informed Barack Obama of the ongoing situation and was directed to respond appropriately.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I thought that was a posed photo, about the attack on Bin Laden, taken retrospectively?

This situation clearly is a mess, and there are so many loose ends. Unlike what the WH or media say, there are definitely some skeletons in the closet that folks don't want to let out and acknowledge.

If this were a Republican administration, the facts would have come out months ago - because both Democrats and Republicans would not let them get away with that. .

But at least the facts would have come out. As they did for WMD. That was incredibly embarrassing, but the WH didn't keep that under wraps.

Interesting thing is that in the last few years, people who were in Iraqi government leadership positions at the time of the Iraq War have said the WMD were most certainly were there - but were moved to Syria shortly before the war started. Apparently, there was some kind of natural disaster in Syria. So in the guise of humanitarian aid, trucks were sent from Iraq to Syria, with the WMD. ALL intelligence all over the world said they were there - because they were. And then got moved. Interesting, huh? So why did Saddam not admit he didn't have WMD? We might not have attacked. Who knows? Saddam was a man who definitely did not act or communicate in the usual way leaders do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)