Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

This is how the government is instituting gun control.

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:54 AM
  • 33 Replies
1 mom liked this

This is why people are in such  frenzy for ammo. All my distributors, and the ones who I buy direct from, believe they are making these purchases to keep ammo out of civilians hands.  It is why we have an ammo shortage.  The ammo manufacturers in the US are required by law to provide the government first.   There really is no other explanation for such massive unprecedented purchases.

I did get lucky and have 5 thousand rounds of 22's coming today though.  If it were my nature and I wanted  bad business reputation, I could really gouge on those.

DHS Purchases 21.6 Million More Rounds of Ammunition

•   The Alex Jones Channel
    Alex Jones Show podcast
    Prison Planet TV
    Infowars.com Twitter
    Alex Jones' Facebook
    Infowars store

Federal agency has now acquired enough bullets to wage 30 year war

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
February 7, 2013

The Department of Homeland Security is set to purchase a further 21.6 million rounds of ammunition to add to the 1.6 billion bullets it has already obtained over the course of the last 10 months alone, figures which have stoked concerns that the federal agency is preparing for civil unrest.

A solicitation posted yesterday on the Fed Bid website details how the bullets are required for the DHS Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Artesia, New Mexico.

The solicitation asks for 10 million pistol cartridge .40 caliber 165 Grain, jacketed Hollow point bullets (100 quantities of 100,000 rounds) and 10 million 9mm 115 grain jacketed hollow point bullets (100 quantities of 100,000 rounds).

The document also lists a requirement for 1.6 million pistol cartridge 9mm ball bullets (40 quantities of 40,000 rounds).

An approximation of how many rounds of ammunition the DHS has now secured over the last 10 months stands at around 1.625 billion. In March 2012, ATK announced that they had agreed to provide the DHS with a maximum of 450 million bullets over four years, a story that prompted questions about why the feds were buying ammunition in such large quantities. In September last year, the federal agency purchased a further 200 million bullets.

To put that in perspective, during the height of active battle operations in Iraq, US soldiers used 5.5 million rounds of ammunition a month. Extrapolating the figures, the DHS has purchased enough bullets over the last 10 months to wage a full scale war for almost 30 years.

Such massive quantities of ammo purchases have stoked fears that the agency is preparing for some kind of domestic unrest. In 2011, Department of Homeland Security chief Janet Napolitano directed Immigration and Customs Enforcement to prepare for a mass influx of immigrants into the United States, calling for the plan to deal with the “shelter” and “processing” of large numbers of people.

The federal agency’s primary concern is now centered around thwarting “homegrown terrorism,” but information produced and used by the DHS to train its personnel routinely equates conservative political ideology with domestic extremism.

A study funded by the Department of Homeland Security that was leaked last year characterizes Americans who are “suspicious of centralized federal authority,” and “reverent of individual liberty” as “extreme right-wing” terrorists.

In August 2012, the DHS censored information relating to the amount of bullets purchased by the federal agency on behalf of Immigration & Customs Enforcement, citing an “unusual and compelling urgency” to acquire the bullets, noting that there is a shortage of bullets which is threatening a situation that could cause “substantial safety issues for the government” should law enforcement officials not be adequately armed.

As we highlighted last month, the DHS’ previous ammunition solicitation was awarded to Evian Group, an organization that was formed just five days before the announcement of the solicitation and appeared to be little more than a front organization since it didn’t have a genuine physical address, a website, or even a phone number.

While Americans are being browbeaten with rhetoric about the necessity to give up semi-automatic firearms in the name of preventing school shootings, the federal government is arming itself to the teeth with both ammunition and guns. Last September, the DHS purchased no less than 7,000 fully automatic assault rifles, labeling them “Personal Defense Weapons.”

Paul Joseph Watson is the editor and writer for Infowars.com and Prison Planet.com. He is the author of Order Out Of Chaos. Watson is also a host for Infowars Nightly News.

I know, this is info wars but the facts are correct.

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Carpy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:55 AM

https://marketplace.fedbid.com/fbweb/fbobuyDetails.do?token===wBKxmaVGYR9Kcq5Ajq%2BRH6QAAAAAHeAAgAgTFCGg/FzzqQbJAAyVXBA0Or

4kidz916
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Our school can't get the 22 ammo for the shooting team. Right now the kids are using what was left from last year. When that's gone, we're not sure what we'll do.
Carpy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:55 AM

I know, it is almost impossible for me to get.  I have been out for nearly a month and had a backorder.  They called and asked me how many I wanted tuesday.  I told them all they had.  Luckily I got it all.   9mm's are just as hard to get as are nearly everything else, except for some oddball stuff like 500's, 30-40 kregs, stuff like that and shotgun ammo.

Quoting 4kidz916:

Our school can't get the 22 ammo for the shooting team. Right now the kids are using what was left from last year. When that's gone, we're not sure what we'll do.

rocketracer
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:01 AM

wow, you're school has a shooting team.  surprised that hasn't been shut down by now. 

Quoting 4kidz916:

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Ours do too.  I imagine that is where my 22 ammo will go as well as the two NRA instructors for the CCW classes required to get concealed carry permits in Michigan.

Quoting rocketracer:

wow, you're school has a shooting team.  surprised that hasn't been shut down by now. 

Quoting 4kidz916:

4kidz916
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:45 AM
3 moms liked this
Quoting rocketracer:

Quoting 4kidz916:

Most all of the schools in our state offer it. They go to competitions and compete against the other schools. I would hope it's never shut down as it teaches safety along with accuracy. They are required to complete a hunter safety course (which is a part of the competitive scoring). Of course most of these kids have been taught gun safety from birth but it never hurts to get more education. They shoot 22 rifle, shotgun, and bow. They aren't allowed to practice or compete on the school campus, it's done at remote locations but no one is ever afraid to be there watching these teenagers with guns. They are taught to respect the power of these weapons and they know the consequences behind using them the wrong way.
DSamuels
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:12 AM
2 moms liked this
You know, I saw this article yesterday and I was thinking.....if the gov't buys up most of the ammo then there's less for us to buy. Why the hell does DHS need that much ammo?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Carpy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:14 AM

The manufacturers and distributors are wondering that.

Quoting DSamuels:

You know, I saw this article yesterday and I was thinking.....if the gov't buys up most of the ammo then there's less for us to buy. Why the hell does DHS need that much ammo?

rocketracer
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:18 AM
4 moms liked this

Ammo running to go with the gun running??? 

Quoting DSamuels:

DSamuels
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this
That's a damn scary thought!

Quoting rocketracer:

Ammo running to go with the gun running??? 

Quoting DSamuels:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)