Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

"Yeah, I voted for Obama twice… what’s the big deal?"

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:03 PM
  • 37 Replies

According to county documents, Richardson’s absentee ballot was accepted on Nov. 1, 2012 along with her signature. On Nov. 11, she told an official she also voted at a precinct because she was afraid her absentee ballot would not be counted in time.

“There’s absolutely no intent on my part to commit voter fraud,” said Richardson.

According to BOE records, her name appeared on an absentee ballot list prior to Election Day. The board’s report states poll workers should have updated the signature poll book by flagging “absentee voter” next to the names of those who appeared on the list. Upon investigation it was found that none of the voters who appeared on the list were flagged, which included Richardson. The staff could not locate that supplemental list when asked.

Richardson voted at the Madisonville Recreation Center where she worked as a paid worker on Election Day.
[...]
During the investigation it was also discovered that her granddaughter, India Richardson, who was a first time voter in the 2012 election, cast two ballots in November.

Documents show when India was contacted on Jan. 17 concerning the two ballots, she denied voting absentee.

She stated, “No, my grandmother filled that out and voted my ballot because she didn’t think I would go do it, but I did. I voted provisionally at my polling place on Election Day,” according to the report.
[...]
Another claim is absentee ballots for Montez Richardson, Joseph Jones and Markus Barron all came from Richardson’s Whetsel Avenue address were received by the board the same time as Richardson’s and the handwriting on all four of them was similar.

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/region_central_cincinnati/downtown/Poll-worker-accused-of-voter-fraud-in-Hamilton-County-speaks-out

OMG, Watch this dumbass on video

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
poietes
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Wow.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
stacymomof2
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Wait...someone voted twice and they caught it and it was investigated?  Wow.

gsprofval
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:42 PM
5 moms liked this

Wait, we were told the election was fair and square--no voter fraud whatsoever.

grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:21 PM
2 moms liked this

Makes you wonder how many people got away with that at the same polling place since there was no check and balance system going on....or how many other places this has happened.

Florida has often considered the possibility of who knows how many of their snow birds voting twice.  A lot of the people who live in Florida, also own homes in the north, especially NYC or NJ....tons of dems.  No way to check to see if these people voted early by absentee in the north, then flew to FL the day before elections.

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:26 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting gsprofval:

Wait, we were told the election was fair and square--no voter fraud whatsoever.

This happened many times @ the hands of Acorn in '08

autodidact
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:51 PM

malarkey. 

of course there is, you check the voter registry for duplication. 

Quoting grandmab125:

Makes you wonder how many people got away with that at the same polling place since there was no check and balance system going on....or how many other places this has happened.

Florida has often considered the possibility of who knows how many of their snow birds voting twice.  A lot of the people who live in Florida, also own homes in the north, especially NYC or NJ....tons of dems.  No way to check to see if these people voted early by absentee in the north, then flew to FL the day before elections.

DSamuels
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:14 AM
2 moms liked this

But there wouldn't be a duplicate if you're registered in 2 different states. There are a lot of people who live 6 months each in 2 different states. What is to stop them from voting in both states? There is no federal voter registration, at least that I'm aware of.

Quoting autodidact:

malarkey. 

Quoting grandmab125:

grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm talking about voting as a resident in one state, i.e., NY, then voting as a resident in FL.  When you vote absentee, you can get a ballot weeks before an election and send it in.  Or in years without a major hurricane, you could be voting a week or more before in NY or NJ then go to your winter home in FL and vote on election day.  Hope this clarifies what I meant. 

Quoting autodidact:

malarkey. 

Quoting grandmab125:

grandma B

grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:18 AM

I'm glad somebody understood what I was trying to say.  I clarified it for her.

Quoting DSamuels:

But there wouldn't be a duplicate if you're registered in 2 different states. There are a lot of people who live 6 months each in 2 different states. What is to stop them from voting in both states? There is no federal voter registration, at least that I'm aware of.

Quoting autodidact:

malarkey. 

Quoting grandmab125:

grandma B

autodidact
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:22 AM

you COMPARE THEM for duplicates. 

Quoting grandmab125:

I'm glad somebody understood what I was trying to say.  I clarified it for her.

Quoting DSamuels:

Quoting autodidact:

malarkey. 

Quoting grandmab125:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)