Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Young Woman Dies 3rd Trimester Abortion!

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:31 PM
  • 280 Replies
1 mom liked this

Sundance Film Festival 'HERO' Leroy Carhart Kills Young Woman During 3rd Trimester Abortion in Germantown, MD

Contact: Michael Martelli, Maryland Coalition for Life, 410-775-6670

GERMANTOWN, Md., Feb. 8, 2013 /Christian Newswire/ -- A 29 year-old woman was pronounced dead at a local hospital in Germantown, MD on Thursday, February 7th, as a direct result of complications experienced during a 3rd trimester abortion by LeRoy Carhart -- who was hailed as a "hero" in the film "After Tiller" at the recent Sundance Film Festival.

The young woman arrived at Carhart's Germantown, MD, abortion facility -- Germantown Reproductive Health Services -- Sunday evening to begin a risky, four-day, third-trimester abortion. She was approximately 33 weeks pregnant.

Witnesses say that the young woman appeared "pale and weak" when she returned to the clinic Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday for the remaining steps of the late-term abortion.

Thursday morning around 5am, the young woman was short of breath and in intense pain. When she and her family tried to contact LeRoy Carhart for assistance and follow-up care, he could not be reached. The young woman was transported to a local hospital Emergency Room by private vehicle.

By 10am Thursday, the young woman "coded" 6 times, and had to be revived by Emergency personnel. Due to immense blood loss and hemorrhagic shock, her body was unable to recover, and she was pronounced dead.

The Maryland Medical Examiner spent a significant amount of time reviewing the case and the records at the hospital on Thursday, and determined the case needed further investigation due to the unusual circumstances of her death.

All information was provided to MDCFL on condition of anonymity, and by an extremely credible, confidential source.

"It is so tragic that this family had to lose not only their nearly full-term child, but also their wife, daughter, and sister," said Michael Martelli, Executive Director of the Maryland Coalition for Life. "What is most appalling is that the State of Maryland refused to hear the pleas of this community, and has allowed this man to continue to butcher women and children."

On the very same day that this woman died, the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene posted on their website that they issued a license to Carhart's clinic to perform abortions -- without a single inspection of the facility.

"He already killed Christin Gilbert in Kansas in 2005, and now another senseless tragedy has come as a result of Carhart's so-called women's healthcare and the apathy of the pro-abortion Maryland State Government," said Martelli.

A prayer vigil, memorial, and follow-up press conference will be held in Germantown at 9am on Monday, February 11, just next to the office park where Carhart conducted the third trimester abortion. More information about the event and location is available at
MDCoalitionForLife.com.

http://www.christiannewswire.com/news/184171463.html

Christin Alysabeth Gilbert Died From a Third-Trimester Abortion

Christin’s tragedy is perhaps the best-documented abortion-related death in the history of Roe v. Wade.

http://www.justiceforchristin.com/

by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Late-Term Abortion Doc Brings More Controversy to Maryland

By Chris Gordon
| Wednesday, Dec 1, 2010 | Updated 9:00 PM EST

A controversial abortion doctor is moving to Maryland, and anti-abortion rights groups are ready to protest his arrival.

Dr. LeRoy Carhart performs late-term abortions, which could focus national attention on the clinic he is joining in Germantown.

Beginning the second week of December, Carhart will join Germantown Reproductive Health Services. He's moving there after working with George Tiller, a doctor in Kansas who was fatally shot by an anti-abortion protester.

"Dr. Carhart is still committed to helping women get the medical care they need," said NARAL Pro-Choice Maryland Executive Director Jennifer Blasdell.

The Rev. Rob Schenck, president of Faith and Action, a Christian outreach to elected and appointed officials, said he's received e-mails from national groups that want to participate in a continuous, peaceful presence at the clinic.

"It could be a day, a week, a year," he said.

"As long as the protest is civil, I don't see any problem," said David Roper, a CPA who owns Roper Financial near the clinic.

Carhart is leaving Nebraska after lawmakers there placed restrictions on providing late-term abortions. They are legal in Maryland.

"The voters in 1992 spoke loud and clear making abortion legal," Blasdell said.

A coalition of anti-abortion rights groups will propose legislation in Maryland to tighten its abortion laws.

"When it comes to late-term abortion, even people who are in favor of abortion may have difficulty accepting it," Schenck said.

Montgomery County police said they are aware of the anti-abortion protests planned at the clinic in Germantown. Officers will respect the rights of the demonstrators, and they will protect protesters, clinic personnel and the public.

Germantown Reproductive Health Services had no comment for NBC Washington Wednesday.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/politics/Late-Term-Abortion-Doc-Brings-More-Controversy-to-Maryland-111161374.html

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Will return later to respond. Plans with hubby today.

PamR
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Why was she trying to abort so late in the pregnancy?

im23vaughn
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:50 PM
3 moms liked this
People die all the time. They die giving birth .regularly. Its a sad thing but it happens. I support a woman right to choose even if it cost her, her life. Its her choice not mine.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
chloedee
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Is there an actual news source for this? 

soonergirl980
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:52 PM
4 moms liked this

Why was she having an abortion when that child was viable??? This story make me wanna throw up.

soonergirl980
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:53 PM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2276155/Woman-dies-age-29-late-term-abortion-performed-Maryland-clinic-33-weeks-pregnancy.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Quoting chloedee:

mama2beautiesnb
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this
third tri abortions unless the woman will die otherwise is sick. they could have given birth to a premie and it lived at that stage. why this shit is allowed to happen is beyond me. i almost died during labor with my son who ended up being born via emergency csection and was adopted by my cousin the day he was born. i cannot wrap my head around stories like this one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aislinn
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:00 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting im23vaughn:

People die all the time. They die giving birth .regularly. Its a sad thing but it happens. I support a woman right to choose even if it cost her, her life. Its her choice not mine.

To add to what you just said... On average, five hundred women die giving birth in the USA a year. On average, 12 women die in the USA from complications of abortion. .05% of all women who have abortions have severe complication and that does not just mean death. That could mean infertility, etc...Worldwide, over half a million women die each year from childbirth and around 68,000 a year die from abortion related complications. So, I think people like you and I can actually figure out which is the more unsafe practice, when  you break out the numbers and statistics. I am so sick of the BS propaganda, know what I mean?

jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:01 PM
8 moms liked this

First sentance in the story:

Quote:

A 29-year-old woman died Thursday of complications from a late-term abortion, according to claims by several pro-life organizations. 
Now, we all know how honest Operation Rescue is.  And of course, we all know that it's illegal to perform an abortion that far into the pregnancy unless it's medically necessary.

Oh oh, let's not forget:  Due to HIPPA laws, there's absolutely no way "several pro-life organizations" could know or verify any of these details - if they were even true.

Quoting soonergirl980:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2276155/Woman-dies-age-29-late-term-abortion-performed-Maryland-clinic-33-weeks-pregnancy.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Quoting chloedee:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN