Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

No Gays in Boy Scouts - what about women?

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:46 PM
  • 3 Replies

We've all run into the news about the issue with gays in Boy Scouts, but what about your thoughts on women in Boy Scouts?  I've heard some men not liking women in the scouting program and have even removed their sons because "young men need a place without Mommy breathing down their necks." (lol as my friend's DH has said)  Do you feel that your sons need a place to solely have their "guy time?" 

I haven't seeked to much info on Girl Scouts has my daughters haven't seeked any interest in it, but are men allowed in any roles in Girl Scouts?  What are your thoughts on the gay & gender roles in such programs? 

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Firenygirl180
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:50 PM
I know the girl Scout camp I worked at has hired at least 1 male counselor or trip leader the last 2 years.
I don't see any issues with women participating in boy scouts. my mom was a leader when my brother was in it, but my dad did all the camping.
Girl scouts do father daughter days (or at least they did when I was little) at least3 times a year.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:34 PM

There is a reason it is called the BOY Scouts. So it is for boys, There also is Girl Scouts, for girls, not boys.

I understand girls can be in Webelos (I think that's after Boy Scouts, Eagle, etc.

Ravishing_dame
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:46 PM

True.  But I am merely speaking in terms of leadership in the programs.  Should opposites sexes have any place in them?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN