Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Pope Benedict resigns...... lighting strikes Vatican.

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:34 AM
  • 8 Replies

Kind of a funny story but after Pope Benedict resigned lighting struck St Peter's Basilica, one of the holiest Catholic sites.

Related Article:  

A message from above? Lightning strikes Vatican after Pope Benedict resigns 

Has anyone visited the Vatican and St Peter's Basilica??  I did several years back.  : )

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:33 AM

I saw this story.  Crazy.

I've never been there.  I'm sure it is a beautiful place to visit.

romalove
by SenseandSensibility on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:37 AM

I would guess it's been struck many times.  It makes sense based on what I know of lightning.

This was just captured.

Dzyre1115
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Not a coincidence, in my opinion.

JavaMom2one
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:14 AM

It's so beautiful and soooooo large.

My tidbit, when I went it had the worst toilets ever.....  no toilet seats, just the porcelain bowl, and nuns sat at a table and you "donated" to get a tiny slip of toilet paper.  Too bad I didn't figure that one out until after I had gone into the toilet stall.

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

I saw this story.  Crazy.

I've never been there.  I'm sure it is a beautiful place to visit.

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:12 AM

I have close friends who have visited the Vatican. Everyone of them plan to revisit. One of my closest friends has met the Pope more than once. She was deeply touched by his profound humility and gentle spirit. My husband & I plan to visit Rome & the Vatican someday. Looking forward to the experience.

The devil despises Christianity and the Catholic Church. He will strike @ places of worship and God's House @ every opportunity. The Vatican & St Peter's Basilica is a very holy site. The Tabernacle has the presence of Jesus for visitors to worship. The Scriptures remind us satan is the prince of this world. He has power over the elements esp during the last days. The devil fears a strong Pope. Reports reveal the College of Cardinals will convene during the Lenten Season. Hopefully the Catholic Church will have a new Pope by Easter.

Satan tried to kill Pope John Paul II on May 13, 1981 when he worked thru the Turkish Communist Mehmet Ali Ağca who shot the Pope. John Paul was known as the Fatima Pope. He entrusted his life to Jesus & Mary thru out his Pontificate. The direct hand of God thru the humble prayers of the Virgin Mary spared John Paul's life who later visited the man in prison who tried to kill him. He forgave him. Mehmet wept when Pope John Paul II died April 2, 2005. God permits evil for a reason. The fact God allowed the Pope to be shot is not a sign he was punishing the Pope by any means. Lightning striking the Vatican is not a sign God is punishing Pope Benedict XVI or the Vatican~

" In which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient."

Ephesions 2:2

Bonita131
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Lol! This will have the religious nut bars coming out of the woodwork in droves screaming the end of the world is nigh!  

It was cold and raining heavy, there'd been thunderstorms most of the day. There's a lightning rod on the dome of St Peter's Basilica for that very reason. The photographer, Filippo Monteforte, had a feeling lightning might strike the rod, so waited over 2 hours hoping he'd capture a lightning strike and he lucked out.

That's it, end of story.  But, we all know this normal occurrence will soon be turned into a warning sign from the religious nut bars big guy in the sky idol, that we'd better watch out or we'll be struck next!  

JavaMom2one
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:23 AM

Well, the post was meant to be funny.  You know, what are the odds that the Pope resigns and then lightening strikes.  It's like Murphy's Law.  : )

Quoting Bonita131:

Lol! This will have the religious nut bars coming out of the woodwork in droves screaming the end of the world is nigh!  

It was cold and raining heavy, there'd been thunderstorms most of the day. There's a lightning rod on the dome of St Peter's Basilica for that very reason. The photographer, Filippo Monteforte, had a feeling lightning might strike the rod, so waited over 2 hours hoping he'd capture a lightning strike and he lucked out.

That's it, end of story.  But, we all know this normal occurrence will soon be turned into a warning sign from the religious nut bars big guy in the sky idol, that we'd better watch out or we'll be struck next!  

Trollslayer
by Terica on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:29 AM

Quoting Bonita131:

You are so right, it has already started....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)