Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Never thought I'd say it...

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:55 PM
  • 46 Replies
2 moms liked this
I thought Obama made a very solid point on Climate Change. We can't look at the weather and natural disasters around the world in the last ten to twenty years and not see a huge increase in frequency and intensity.

It's obvious to me that whether or not it's just a cycle of Earth or Green house emissions... Maybe a combination of both, Earth is sick right now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:00 PM
3 moms liked this

We can't keep ignoring it.

Raintree
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Thanks for posting this. You're right.

Friday
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree. We might not destroy the planet but we sure as hell can make the environment unlivable for humans. Same difference.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

brandydesiree
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:06 PM
You're right. Dh said that its going to take more than US to change it. It needs to be a global effort. I agree.

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Friday
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:15 PM
4 moms liked this

Of all the little things we can do, why don't we have more solar? In Israel, who we support, solar water heaters are mandatory for building codes. Why can't we do that here?

One good thing I can say about our douchebag mayor, he's pushed solar and most public buildings including schools have it. He's probably getting kickbacks for it but we live in the highest solar gain region in the US so it only makes sense.

Friday
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting brandydesiree:

You're right. Dh said that its going to take more than US to change it. It needs to be a global effort. I agree.

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

I agree but I think we should be a leader. Like we used to be. I question if Obama is up for that task.

toomanypoodles
by Poodles on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:31 AM
5 moms liked this

Ugh oh....drank the kool-aid. 

Trollslayer
by Terica on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:40 AM
2 moms liked this

Solar and wind are greatly needed in the US, Other Countries are expanding on these natural resources. We need to do it too.

pvtjokerus
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:41 AM

Have you gone solar yet?  If not, why not?

Quoting Friday:

Of all the little things we can do, why don't we have more solar? In Israel, who we support, solar water heaters are mandatory for building codes. Why can't we do that here?

One good thing I can say about our douchebag mayor, he's pushed solar and most public buildings including schools have it. He's probably getting kickbacks for it but we live in the highest solar gain region in the US so it only makes sense.

4kidz916
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:17 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't agree with Obama on hardly any issues but I do agree that something is making the climate unstable.  I would love to see alternate energy sources but I don't believe the Obama administration has gone about it the  right way by sinking all that money into failed companies.  There has to be a way to provide these sources and make them affordable for the average person.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN