Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

What Did You Think Of President Obama's Speech Tonight

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:22 PM
  • 36 Replies

?

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DixieL
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:23 PM
2 moms liked this

I thought it was one of the best he has ever given.

soonergirl980
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:41 PM
6 moms liked this
All I heard was spend, free, spend, free.
Raintree
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:46 PM
6 moms liked this

Great speech.

Particularly liked the question of how we promote growth via cuts on social safety net spending but not raising taxes on the most wealthy- very slightly. Or closing loopholes?

Simplification of the tax code

We need to pay our freaking bills and stop threatening the credit of the United States.

Boehner looked ill.

To grow the economy and the middle class should be the 'north star' that guides decision making.

Need to attract more jobs, equip people for those jobs, make sure that hard work leads to liveable circumstances for workers.

Thank all that is good he mentioned climate change, immigration reform- and the recent problems of shootings.

Rubio was reading the same old book.

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:50 PM
2 moms liked this
And was thirsty as hell

Quoting Raintree:

Great speech.

Particularly liked the question of how we promote growth via cuts on social safety net spending but not raising taxes on the most wealthy- very slightly. Or closing loopholes?

Simplification of the tax code

We need to pay our freaking bills and stop threatening the credit of the United States.

Boehner looked ill.

To grow the economy and the middle class should be the 'north star' that guides decision making.

Need to attract more jobs, equip people for those jobs, make sure that hard work leads to liveable circumstances for workers.

Thank all that is good he mentioned climate change, immigration reform- and the recent problems of shootings.

Rubio was reading the same old book.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pj2becca21
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:48 AM
3 moms liked this

Oh did I miss it, damn it eye rolling

Yeah it all sounds wonderful from what i read above...... like it will ever happen......

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:38 AM
3 moms liked this

I relaxed & watched a nice movie. Same ol' same ol' from Barack Obama. Tax & spend etc. The damage this President is doing to this Country is unspeakable! 2016 pls hurry....

grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Same old, same old.  Nothing new.  He won't accomplish anything worthwhile in the next four years either.  Just drive us further into debt.

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:20 AM

This.

Quoting grandmab125:

Same old, same old.  Nothing new.  He won't accomplish anything worthwhile in the next four years either.  Just drive us further into debt.

toomanypoodles
by Poodles on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:27 AM

I wish he'd get off the stump. 

Even my kids said it sounded like he was still campaigning---still pushing his far -right agenda. 

JustCJ
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I didn't watch...I've gotten myself hooked on the walking dead on netflix. I would have rather watched paint dry anyway.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN